Safe Haven for the Flip-Flops. . .SkJaSuJacketers. .

Shipper discussion - for LOST

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
All shipper discussions are to remain respectful. Differing opinions needn't turn into arguments. Keep things friendly and on-topic.

Casual off-topic chatter is frowned upon. If you wish to chatter with friends, use IRC or a messenger.

Re: Safe Haven for the Flip-Flops. . .SkJaSuJacketers. .

Postby chris_s on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:12 pm

kristy815 wrote:
wnt2kno wrote:
True - but i think she would get at least 3 years with whoever she's involved with in the alt. And heck, if its Jack in the AU, Sawyer in the other timeline -- a girl could do much worse....

True. :lol:

Agreed. Although if they kill Juliet a fourth time, I will NOT be happy.
chris_s
Supporting Actor

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby PCat on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:53 pm

chris_s wrote:On the Juliet mom possibility, I said it before on this forum last fall or summer, but there were moments in season 5 when it seemed like there was more history between Jack and Juliet than what we saw on the island. It was almost like thoughts or feelings were bleeding in from other timelines.

I felt there were definitely scenes in season 5 that demonstrated romantic tension between Juliet and Jack. In fact, I think we even discussed it in this thread (the shower scene is a perfect example). But there was so much focus on the Juliet-Sawyer-Kate triangle that the Jack-Juliet stuff didn't get as much attention. I love the possibility that their alternate lives in the 'sideways' reality might have bled into the island reality. If this is true, it would make even more sense that Juliet is David's mother.

I wonder about the Juliet-Goodwin relationship in the 'sideways' reality as well. They seemed pretty happy together until Ben sent him on his death mission. Aside from the fact that he was cheating on his nasty wife, he seemed like a pretty decent guy and pretty easy on the eyes too. So Juliet may even get to squeeze him in between Jack and Sawyer in her sideways universe. I'm starting to feel less and less sorry for her!
PCat
Supporting Actor

Postby kristy815 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:03 am

PCat wrote:I wonder about the Juliet-Goodwin relationship in the 'sideways' reality as well. They seemed pretty happy together until Ben sent him on his death mission. Aside from the fact that he was cheating on his nasty wife, he seemed like a pretty decent guy and pretty easy on the eyes too. So Juliet may even get to squeeze him in between Jack and Sawyer in her sideways universe. I'm starting to feel less and less sorry for her!

Juliet doesn't do bad on the whole, does she?
chris_s wrote:
Agreed. Although if they kill Juliet a fourth time, I will NOT be happy.

I'm not sure I can watch her die again either. I manage to cry every single time they show that to this day.
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby wnt2kno on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:08 am

Juliet doesn't do bad on the whole, does she?

She has a lot to make up for cos of Edmund.
wnt2kno
Extra

Postby bensarmy on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:23 am

I've got a big problem with the Goodwin/Juliet relationship too. Ben implied he'd moved onto Anna Lulu and that was the impression I got from 'the other 48 days'. That guy was totally creepy and dishonest with his wife and preyed on Juliet's loneliness jmo. :unsure:
icon by TOKYO_GIRLIE LJ
bensarmy
Stunt Double

Postby wnt2kno on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:35 am

I've got a big problem with the Goodwin/Juliet relationship too. Ben implied he'd moved onto Anna Lulu and that was the impression I got from 'the other 48 days'. That guy was totally creepy and dishonest with his wife and preyed on Juliet's loneliness jmo.

It's funny - my problem is how quickly Juliet got over his death -- she cried a lot in front of Ben and then - "He's cute" when Ben told her about Jack. It's amazing Sawyer is still grieving Juliet!

-- Merged Double Post --

It's funny - my problem is how quickly Juliet got over his death -- she cried a lot in front of Ben and then - "He's cute" when Ben told her about Jack. It's amazing Sawyer is still grieving Juliet!

YIKES -- I need to add "It's amazing the writers still have Sawyer grieving Juliet given how grief is handled on the show."

(Have not figured out how to edit on this board...)
wnt2kno
Extra

Postby bensarmy on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:26 am

wnt2kno wrote:
]It's funny - my problem is how quickly Juliet got over his death -- she cried a lot in front of Ben and then - "He's cute" when Ben told her about Jack. It's amazing Sawyer is still grieving Juliet!
YIKES -- I need to add "It's amazing the writers still have Sawyer grieving Juliet given how grief is handled on the show."

Good point. They certainly do ignore the grief process where it suits them.
icon by TOKYO_GIRLIE LJ
bensarmy
Stunt Double

Postby FickleBitch on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:50 am

I think Juliet never really loved Goodwin. We never heard her saying she loves him. I actually think Goodwin was "fun times". She only wanted to leave the island. It's unfair to compare what Sawyer felt for Juliet with what Juliet felt for Goodwin. Including their grief process. I think Juliet is more meaningful to Sawyer than Goodwin ever was to Juliet. She certainly would leave Goodwin (alive) behind to get off the island. I don't think Sawyer would do it.

Also, from the writers' point of view, I think they want to show Sawyer grievingly enough because he will go back to Kate. If that's their intention, Juliet needs to be respected.
FickleBitch
Guest Star

Postby bensarmy on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:22 am

FickleBitch wrote:I think Juliet never really loved Goodwin. We never heard her saying she loves him. I actually think Goodwin was "fun times". She only wanted to leave the island. It's unfair to compare what Sawyer felt for Juliet with what Juliet felt for Goodwin. Including their grief process. I think Juliet is more meaningful to Sawyer than Goodwin ever was to Juliet. She certainly would leave Goodwin (alive) behind to get off the island. I don't think Sawyer would do it.

Also, from the writers' point of view, I think they want to show Sawyer grievingly enough because he will go back to Kate. If that's their intention, Juliet needs to be respected.

I hope you're wrong about that but I wouldn't put it past Darlton. Especially since Kate is kind of a disliked character as it is, (not her fault, I blame the writers)they would definitely need to show Sawyer grieving. In my opinion, having him go to Kate after Juliet revealed how threatened she felt by Kate's return to the island would be disloyal to Juliet's memory but that's just my own emotional and probably not very objective pov. Fact is, Juliet has been portrayed as the Other Woman in all her relationships before Sawyer, if he now goes to Kate, it will prove Juliet was just the Other Woman yet again. Maybe that's just her destiny, even in death :(
Now there's the possibility that she was married to Jack which probably meant she came second in Jacks life to his work or whatever, just like Sarah. I mean, he only sees his son once a month? *shrug* It just get's really old.
Maybe Jack and Sawyer will be fighting over Juliet instead of Kate in this reality :roll:
ETA sorry, this post probably doesn't really belong in this thread. :unsure: I think I've been riding the Lost rollercoaster too long :lol:
icon by TOKYO_GIRLIE LJ
bensarmy
Stunt Double

Postby kristy815 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:28 pm

I'm not sure it won't all be so subtle that it's not heartbreaking to anybody. . .

If they downplay the triangle enough. . .and the 'end up together' just ends up being two very broken survivors limping to a [boat, cave, helicopter, raft, beach, whatever]. . .and the male just happens to put his arm around the female. . .

I'm not sure I can begrudge whichever two of them that ends up being.

Although perhaps, my favorite ending would be for Jack and Sawyer to end this thing being the new Jacob and MIB. . .with them ending on some really great quip that only LOST could come up with.

And Kate can be off on the mainland raising Aaron as they seem determined to convince us she was meant to do.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby kristy815 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:15 pm

If the ALT is valid, I can see any of them meeting at this point.

You've got Sawyer having captured Kate.

Jack is still a doctor, so I'm assuming Juliet's still a doctor. They could work at the same hospital.

Sawyer's a detective.

A pregnant woman was just 'probably' rushed to some hospital with a gunshot wound.

They will probably call the police at the hospital.

Hey, anything could happen at this point.

Up to and including, Jack and Juliet in their scrubs taking a look at Sawyer hustling Kate off to jail, having one of those but for the grace of God there go I moments. And saying to each other, 'You know, that divorce isn't completely final just yet - let's give this thing another go.'

Take heart shippers- - - no matter your preference - - -I don't think you can count anybody out just yet.

Skate, Suliet, Jate, Jacket. . .anything can happen in the ALT. :)

I'm left debating, cocoa or coffee. . . .cocoa or coffee. . .cocoa is sounding pretty darn good right now. But I always did like coffee too.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby isabelle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:30 pm

kristy815 wrote:I'm left debating, cocoa or coffee. . . .cocoa or coffee. . .cocoa is sounding pretty darn good right now. But I always did like coffee too.

:thumbsup: :lol:

Cocoa (or Hot Chocolate as we call it here) is my fave hot drink, but I also love coffee, especially Hazelnut Latte. :wub:

I would honestly like to believe that every single shipper group gets something nice out of this season, including Skaters, Jaters, Sulieters, Jacketers and all non quad related ships too. Though I don't see much hope for Charlie and Claire unfortunately. But like you said, anything can happen in the alt. :)

The real question is, what exactly is the Alt, and what does it mean? I think its is supposed to show that if things end badly on island, then we will see happiness for the characters in Alt.
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:33 pm

isabelle wrote:I would honestly like to believe that every single shipper group gets something nice out of this season, including Skaters, Jaters, Sulieters, Jacketers and all non quad related ships too. Though I don't see much hope for Charlie and Claire unfortunately. But like you said, anything can happen in the alt. :)

I'm here hoping for Sayid and Shannon. I loved them together and think they both deserve to be together again. Guess I am one of the very few who really liked Sticks. :)

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby kristy815 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:36 pm

I guess it really does depend on what the alt really is. But while I'm watching it, I like to think of it as their 'reward' for coming and doing their part on the island. Since they each fulfilled their role, someone gave them a chance to go back and live their lives as they would have been without island interference.

Some will make better choices.
Some will make the same choices.
Some will make worse choices.

But either way, they got a second chance. Which is sort of what the island is able to give. . .

(Yeah, I know that's corny. And probably not right. But that's what I like to think anyway.)

ETA:
Awe, yes. Shannon deserves a little happiness too. Definitely. :)
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby isabelle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:43 pm

PandaVamp wrote:I'm here hoping for Sayid and Shannon. I loved them together and think they both deserve to be together again. Guess I am one of the very few who really liked Sticks. :)

I'm slightly ashamed to admit...but I prefered Shannon and Boone. :lol: But Boone looks happy and at peace in the Alt from what we've seen so I think he is happy, and maybe nothing ever happened between them. And Sayid seems to be in just as bad a place as he is on the island, and even though Nadia is alive, he isn't with her, so maybe Shannon and him could meet and that could be what saves him from losing his soul. Or something less mushy. :P

kristy815 wrote:I've no idea what the alt is. But while I'm watching it, I like to think of it as their 'reward' for coming and doing their part on the island. Since they each fulfilled their role, someone gave them a chance to go back and live their lives as they would have been without island interference.

Some will make better choices.
Some will make the same choices.
Some will make worse choices.

But either way, they got a second chance. Which is sort of what the island is able to give. . .

(Yeah, I know that's corny. And probably not right. But that's what I like to think anyway.)

I like that spec. Jack and Sawyer seem to have made better choices, unsure about Kate because I don't know if we're supposed to believe she is innocent, Sayid made the same choices and so on.

It kind of makes sense because they all got something they want in the alt, even if they didn't know thye wanted it. Like Jack gets a son, and I don't think island Jack is too concerned about that, but maybe deep down, sub consciously, its what he always wanted. So he was rewarded with a son. And Kate is innocent (supposedly?), Sawyer is a good man, Juliet's sister is hopefully alive. But who doing the rewarding - Jacob or MIB... :hmm:
isabelle
Emmy Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Shipper Section