Safe Haven for the Flip-Flops. . .SkJaSuJacketers. .

Shipper discussion - for LOST

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
All shipper discussions are to remain respectful. Differing opinions needn't turn into arguments. Keep things friendly and on-topic.

Casual off-topic chatter is frowned upon. If you wish to chatter with friends, use IRC or a messenger.

Re: Safe Haven for the Flip-Flops. . .SkJaSuJacketers. .

Postby frekkells on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:44 pm

kristy815 wrote:I'm left debating, cocoa or coffee. . . .cocoa or coffee. . .cocoa is sounding pretty darn good right now. But I always did like coffee too.

Starbucks Cafe Mocha, a nice compromise. Something a flipflopper could appreciate. :P That drink has been my constant this season, every Tuesday morning. :lol:
FREKKELL'S FANTASY FORCE ~ 6th place ~ Season 5 LFL
Credit and Much Thanks to MAGIC BOX for the awesome banner.

Proud owner of Ben's Annie doll and line, "I always have a plan."
frekkells
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:57 pm

kristy815 wrote:Awe, yes. Shannon deserves a little happiness too. Definitely. :)

Yeah, her death was so horrible and sad. :(
So, please writers, if you brought Forgurt and Arzt back, you have to bring Shannon as well. :)

isabelle wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:I'm here hoping for Sayid and Shannon. I loved them together and think they both deserve to be together again. Guess I am one of the very few who really liked Sticks. :)

I'm slightly ashamed to admit...but I prefered Shannon and Boone. :lol: But Boone looks happy and at peace in the Alt from what we've seen so I think he is happy, and maybe nothing ever happened between them. And Sayid seems to be in just as bad a place as he is on the island, and even though Nadia is alive, he isn't with her, so maybe Shannon and him could meet and that could be what saves him from losing his soul. Or something less mushy. :P

Hehehe, no shame, they were not really related, anyway. :P Now, in all honesty, I couldn't stand Boone, and I think she was her worst self around him. On the other hand, it felt to me like Sayid was the only one who really understood Shannon. They connected really well and she changed. Sadly, it didn't last long. :(

So I agree, I hope they somehow find and save each other for whatever troubles they might be facing in the alt. :)

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby isabelle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:28 pm

I had an idea a while ago, that I'd kinda like to run by you guys. I suggested it in the Skate thread but I don't think anyone paid attention to it. :lol: Ya know the Lost countdowns? Well, I thought about doing a countdown of romantic moments (all ships), but I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in that? Thoughts?
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby screamie on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:09 pm

I'd be interrested. I like to follow countdown and if made in a fair way, we could all share our view on nice romantic or heart-wrenching scenes. The only thing is : I think it must be friendly and we all have to respect others choice. I suspect that we may disagree on some of the top scene ;), but it will be your countdown and I totally respect that. And it will be nice to see what a shipper could see as beautifull or touching in a scene of another ship !
Avi is not mine - all credit to the artist

beresford wrote:By the power invested in my by the supreme Juliet princess, I nominate you screamie the official Juliet queen.

Image - Thanks Heiots !

MY FOUR J : JULIET JACK and JOHN (well and JAMES - the fourth Jusqueteer) !
screamie
Stunt Double

Postby isabelle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:23 pm

screamie wrote:I'd be interrested. I like to follow countdown and if made in a fair way, we could all share our view on nice romantic or heart-wrenching scenes. The only thing is : I think it must be friendly and we all have to respect others choice. I suspect that we may disagree on some of the top scene ;), but it will be your countdown and I totally respect that. And it will be nice to see what a shipper could see as beautifull or touching in a scene of another ship !

Yay! :thumbsup:

I totally agree that it would have to remain friendly, and I think it will. This is one of the more friendly forums anyway so I don't think its too much of a problem. ;) It could be a way of seeing something nice in a ship that we wouldn't normally like and bringing different shipper groups together.

And I promise it won't be Skate biased. I'm trying to chose a fair amount of scenes from each couple :D
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby screamie on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:38 pm

You know what ? I just looooooove your smiley who write team skate with the red bomb :)...I wish to have a smiley that cool for my fav ship ;).

beresford wrote:By the power invested in my by the supreme Juliet princess, I nominate you screamie the official Juliet queen.

Image - Thanks Heiots !

screamie
Stunt Double

Postby kristy815 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:45 pm

I think that would be pretty neat.

May I offer a suggestion that a maybe a non-controversial ship - like Desmond/Penny probably deserves that top slot. The scene on the phone from The Constant was a pretty universal favorite.

Even the staunchest mythology fan shed a tear over that one I believe. :)

(And even I, who don't care for Desmond very much, might have even had to blink back a tear.)

Just a suggestion of course, I trust you to be unbiased and there are probably even better ones I'm not thinking of. :)
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby isabelle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:50 pm

screamie wrote:You know what ? I just looooooove your smiley who write team skate with the red bomb :)...I wish to have a smiley that cool for my fav ship ;).

Thanks! I didn't make it, I think PCat made it. I have no idea how to do it, or which site she used for it. I'll ask her and let you know if you like. :D

kristy815 wrote:I think that would be pretty neat.

May I offer a suggestion that a maybe a non-controversial ship - like Desmond/Penny probably deserves that top slot. The scene on the phone from The Constant was a pretty universal favorite.

Even the staunchest mythology fan shed a tear over that one I believe. :)

(And even I, who don't care for Desmond very much, might have even had to blink back a tear.)

I watched that episode a few times that week, and cried every single time. :lol: :cry: It was an awesome scene!

I'm trying to think of 8 more scenes, I have 42 so far (coincidence? :P ), and want a total of 50.
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby kristy815 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Hmmm, I'd make suggestions but I bet you already have all mine.

You've got representatives of all the main ones I suppose:

Skate, Jate, Jacket, Suliet, Claire/Charlie, Sun/Jin, Rose/Bernard, Shannon/Boone, Shannon/Sayid, Shannon/Sawyer (what do you mean that one only exists in my mind?), Conmama, Des/Penny, Sayid/Nadia, Sawyer/Charlotte, Sayid/Illana, Locke/Helen. . . .

hmmmm. . .

Jack/Ana, Sawyer/Ana, Juliet/Goodwin, Pickett/Colleen, Juliet/Ben, Kate/Kevin, Kate/Tom, Kate/Sayid (okay there was one nice scene a long way back . . .where she asks him why he's leaving). . .

I'm sure I'm missing somebody.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby katieb on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:04 pm

isabelle wrote:I had an idea a while ago, that I'd kinda like to run by you guys. I suggested it in the Skate thread but I don't think anyone paid attention to it. :lol: Ya know the Lost countdowns? Well, I thought about doing a countdown of romantic moments (all ships), but I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in that? Thoughts?

I think if you're going to do this you need to get suggestions from Skaters, Jaters, Sulieters, Jacketeers, ect. and so on because a Skater isn't going to be able to remember or appreciate a Jate scene and a Jater isn't going to remember or appreciate a Skate Scene, etc. I think it's a really bad idea that will only turn into a war unless of course you put someone who has no ship preference in charge of rating the scenes submitted for consideration. That means you also have to find someone who has ZERO character bias. Good luck! :)

I have no ship preference and my favorite character is Jack, but in my opinion the most romantic moment on the show was the Rose and Bernard reunion, followed closely by the Sun and Jin reunion. I know, shocking. What?! No, Des/Penny phone call? No cage sex? No hallway canoodling? ;)
“Jack, uhm Shephard is obviously the sort of hero of the show, he's where it all begins.” Damon Lindelof

"Jack's Heart is Always in the Right Place" Damon Lindelof

"The paraplegic and the spinal surgeon have always been linked together inseparably as the backbone of the story." Luhks

Proud Member of the Little Coterie of Jack Fans
katieb
Star Billing

Postby screamie on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Actually, I do not mind at all, if it's a skate scene which is the top one because as in any top, it's the top of the maker ! I just think that it will be nicer to follow if there's more than one or two ship represented, but I do not doubt at all that it will be the case. :).

Image - Thanks Heiots !

screamie
Stunt Double

Postby isabelle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:09 pm

kristy815 wrote:Hmmm, I'd make suggestions but I bet you already have all mine.

You've got representatives of all the main ones I suppose:

Skate, Jate, Jacket, Suliet, Claire/Charlie, Sun/Jin, Rose/Bernard, Shannon/Boone, Shannon/Sayid, Shannon/Sawyer (what do you mean that one only exists in my mind?), Conmama, Des/Penny, Sayid/Nadia, Sawyer/Charlotte, Sayid/Illana, Locke/Helen. . . .

hmmmm. . .

Jack/Ana, Sawyer/Ana, Juliet/Goodwin, Pickett/Colleen, Juliet/Ben, Kate/Kevin, Kate/Tom, Kate/Sayid (okay there was one nice scene a long way back . . .where she asks him why he's leaving). . .

I'm sure I'm missing somebody.

You're missing Richard/Isabella! They should be fresh in your mind! :P

I totally forgot about Locke/Helen, shame on me! :blush: Thanks! I was going to say that I won't include anything from Alt, just the regular stuff, but my fave Locke/Helen scene is the Alt one... I'm so torn...
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby kristy815 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:10 pm

My personal favorite. . .

Is when Sawyer asks Kate to play house. . .actually.

And my second favorite. . .is when Sawyer comes home with his flower. . .and you realize Juliet agreed to do just that.

But I'm heavily Sawyer biased. So I would make a terrible judge. :)

:blush: Oops. Richard/Isabella. And Hurley/Libby. . .I really liked Hurley and Libby together. And some people used to really like Sun and Michael together although I never really saw it.
Last edited by kristy815 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby screamie on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:14 pm

katieb wrote:
isabelle wrote:I had an idea a while ago, that I'd kinda like to run by you guys. I suggested it in the Skate thread but I don't think anyone paid attention to it. :lol: Ya know the Lost countdowns? Well, I thought about doing a countdown of romantic moments (all ships), but I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in that? Thoughts?

I think if you're going to do this you need to get suggestions from Skaters, Jaters, Sulieters, Jacketeers, ect. and so on because a Skater isn't going to be able to remember or appreciate a Jate scene and a Jater isn't going to remember or appreciate a Skate Scene, etc. I think it's a really bad idea that will only turn into a war unless of course you put someone who has no ship preference in charge of rating the scenes submitted for consideration. That means you also have to find someone who has ZERO character bias. Good luck! :)

I have no ship preference and my favorite character is Jack, but in my opinion the most romantic moment on the show was the Rose and Bernard reunion, followed closely by the Sun and Jin reunion. I know, shocking. What?! No, Des/Penny phone call? No cage sex? No hallway canoodling? ;)

I myself am a big sulieter but I love very much scene from other ship, for example,I'm not a sexcage fan, but I find the scene after that (I love you too) touching, when kate cryed for sawyer's live, i feel for them. I love the "aloe" scene with Jack and Juliet (just after she's been marked), I love the Jate proposal scene (Kate seems so happy), etc.. (i mention these scenes as there are "quadrangle" scene).

Apart for that, I agree with you that I find the Rose and Bernard reunion one of the best "ship" scene, actually I cry (my first cry for a ship on lost ;)).

-- Merged Double Post --

Yes for Locke/Helen, in the scene in the Alt, when helen told him she doesn't car if he's paralised, she loves him and find him wonderfull, i was so moved !!! Loooove John and Helen !

Image - Thanks Heiots !

screamie
Stunt Double

Postby isabelle on Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:16 pm

katieb wrote:

Good suggestion, I'm definately open to all suggestions from everyone. I used Lostpedia to help with scenes of couples who scenes I'm not too familiar with, but if any shippers/non shippers wants to volunteer to offer some opinions, let me know!

I'm now have 6 scenes too many on my list. :| And I'm still sure that I'm forgetting something really really huge.
isabelle
Emmy Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Shipper Section