Safe Haven for the Flip-Flops. . .SkJaSuJacketers. .

Shipper discussion - for LOST

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
All shipper discussions are to remain respectful. Differing opinions needn't turn into arguments. Keep things friendly and on-topic.

Casual off-topic chatter is frowned upon. If you wish to chatter with friends, use IRC or a messenger.

Re: Safe Haven for the Flip-Flops. . .SkJaSuJacketers. .

Postby kristy815 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:46 am

I like it when they're happy. When they're making each other miserable I don't like any of them together.
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby PCat on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:46 pm

katieb wrote: It sounds like you are a hopeless romantic, which other than having no interest at all, is probably the best way to invest in the romances on Lost.
I think I'm just not enough of a romantic though so my opinions are just that........meaningless opinions.

chris_s and katieb are the Felix and Oscar of the Lost shipper world. :P I actually agree with most of your assessments of the couples in the Lost universe, katieb. I probably most enjoyed Jack and Juliet when her flirting was sarcastic and snarky. But when it came to their physical scenes, they seemed uncomfortable. Actually, Juliet was at her best when she was sarcastic and snarky! I wish we had gotten more of that before she and Sawyer got all schmoopy.

In fact, wouldn't it be great if we could get one long beach scene with Sawyer, Miles, Juliet, Ana Lucia and Charlie having a really sarcastic, snarky discussion about all of the plot contrivances that took place over the last 5 and a half seasons? I would definitely buy the DVD if they threw in something like that.
PCat
Supporting Actor

Postby lostfan5007 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:55 pm

katieb wrote:LOL, I don't think anything is wrong with you. It sounds like you are a hopeless romantic, which other than having no interest at all, is probably the best way to invest in the romances on Lost. The only couple that has ever gotten to me enough to make me care and want to root for them is Sun and Jin. I've not really bought into any of the other romances enough to care about them. Sawyer and Kate are annoying. Jack and Kate are painful to watch. The Des/Penny phone call leaves me cold as a fish because I just don't buy it. Charlie and Claire felt more like a stalker/victim thing than a romance. Jack and Juliet were okay, but he was too hung up on Kate for it to go anywhere so no investment there. Sayid and Shannon were ridiculous. Sawyer and Juliet made my skin crawl. Actually, I did enjoy the sparks between Sawyer and Ana Lucia. They were such nasty, angry individuals and fed off of one another beautifully. I liked Jack and Sarah too and could've got behind a reconcilation. Locke and Helen had a bit of a creepy feel to it too. Perhaps it was the whole phone sex operator he latched onto in her absence that tainted that one for me. I think I'm just not enough of a romantic though so my opinions are just that........meaningless opinions.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

charliefan4life wrote:Lostfan is the sweetest, kindest, most-amazing, all-around great guy in the history of the world! :wub: :wub:
lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby chris_s on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:35 pm

katieb wrote:
chris_s wrote:Well, in the past year I went from being a Jacketeer, to a Jater, to briefly a Sulietter (for the week following LaFleur), to back to being a Jacketeer. Over the summer, I found myself arguing for Jate on this board, but had a few weeks feeling very Skatey during rewatches, and then I firmly landed in the Jacket camp with Skate as a second choice. During the boat ride in this past episode, I found myself really hoping for a Jate moment. What's wrong with me? I need help.

LOL, I don't think anything is wrong with you. It sounds like you are a hopeless romantic, which other than having no interest at all, is probably the best way to invest in the romances on Lost.

:lol: This stuff entertains me, but I wouldn't go so far as to call myself a hopeless romantic - not in the way other people are, anyway. I guess I watch the quad the same way I watch Grey's and used to watch Sex in the City - partly for the sweet moments, partly for the humor, and partly for the train wrecks. When a romance story is done really well though, in a smart way, then I love it. Lost seems to specialize in the train wrecks, though.
chris_s
Supporting Actor

Postby esperanza on Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:52 pm

]
chris_s wrote:

When a romance story is done really well though, in a smart way, then I love it. Lost seems to specialize in the train wrecks, though.

Totally agree :thumbsup:

katieb wrote:
chris_s wrote:Well, in the past year I went from being a Jacketeer, to a Jater, to briefly a Sulietter (for the week following LaFleur), to back to being a Jacketeer. Over the summer, I found myself arguing for Jate on this board, but had a few weeks feeling very Skatey during rewatches, and then I firmly landed in the Jacket camp with Skate as a second choice. During the boat ride in this past episode, I found myself really hoping for a Jate moment. What's wrong with me? I need help.

LOL, I don't think anything is wrong with you. It sounds like you are a hopeless romantic, which other than having no interest at all, is probably the best way to invest in the romances on Lost. The only couple that has ever gotten to me enough to make me care and want to root for them is Sun and Jin. I've not really bought into any of the other romances enough to care about them. Sawyer and Kate are annoying. Jack and Kate are painful to watch. The Des/Penny phone call leaves me cold as a fish because I just don't buy it. Charlie and Claire felt more like a stalker/victim thing than a romance. Jack and Juliet were okay, but he was too hung up on Kate for it to go anywhere so no investment there. Sayid and Shannon were ridiculous. Sawyer and Juliet made my skin crawl. Actually, I did enjoy the sparks between Sawyer and Ana Lucia. They were such nasty, angry individuals and fed off of one another beautifully. I liked Jack and Sarah too and could've got behind a reconcilation. Locke and Helen had a bit of a creepy feel to it too. Perhaps it was the whole phone sex operator he latched onto in her absence that tainted that one for me. I think I'm just not enough of a romantic though so my opinions are just that........meaningless opinions.

LOL at this post, love it! I agree with 90% of what you said bar Skate of course :P and I've never found Jin/Sun's storyline that interesing. Other than that you are pretty spot on I think :lol:
Team SKate :cowboy:

Thanks to Miss Ford for my great userbar!
esperanza
Stunt Double

Postby chris_s on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:11 pm

esperanza wrote:
katieb wrote:
LOL, I don't think anything is wrong with you. It sounds like you are a hopeless romantic, which other than having no interest at all, is probably the best way to invest in the romances on Lost. The only couple that has ever gotten to me enough to make me care and want to root for them is Sun and Jin. I've not really bought into any of the other romances enough to care about them. Sawyer and Kate are annoying. Jack and Kate are painful to watch. The Des/Penny phone call leaves me cold as a fish because I just don't buy it. Charlie and Claire felt more like a stalker/victim thing than a romance. Jack and Juliet were okay, but he was too hung up on Kate for it to go anywhere so no investment there. Sayid and Shannon were ridiculous. Sawyer and Juliet made my skin crawl. Actually, I did enjoy the sparks between Sawyer and Ana Lucia. They were such nasty, angry individuals and fed off of one another beautifully. I liked Jack and Sarah too and could've got behind a reconcilation. Locke and Helen had a bit of a creepy feel to it too. Perhaps it was the whole phone sex operator he latched onto in her absence that tainted that one for me. I think I'm just not enough of a romantic though so my opinions are just that........meaningless opinions.

LOL at this post, love it! I agree with 90% of what you said bar Skate of course :P and I've never found Jin/Sun's storyline that interesing. Other than that you are pretty spot on I think :lol:

Funny thing is I don't think I'm too far off this either.
- Sun and Jin - they had some great scenes in the earlier season, and when I think of season 4, I think of Sun screaming on the helicopter, but they've been sidelined for so long I've stopped caring.
- Saywer and Kate - I like it when they're just hanging out together and chatting or bickering, like in recent episodes and on the trip back from Otherton to the camps. They seem to be the most natural fit of all the couples.
- Jack and Kate - Painful to watch for most of series, but now that they both seem to have let go of the neediness when it comes to each other, I'm finding myself more open-minded about it. I'd rather they just say friends, though.
- Des and Penny - I really enjoyed the phone call episode and may have teared up a little because I really thought Des was going to die that episode, but I think it's been overblown with online fans.
- Charlie and Claire - I admit, I was one of those fans who didn't care about Charlie until the "you're gonna die, brotha" storyline started. I missed him when he was gone,though. I'm still indifferent to Claire.
- Jack and Juliet- Made me take interest in the triangle/quad for the first time. I never got Jack and Kate, so I had no problem seeing Jack with Juliet. SNBH horrified me.
- Sayid and Shannon - Ridiculous sums it up nicely.
- Sawyer and Juliet - I had a positive reaction to LaFleur, but after that, their interactions became too painful to watch. I have no desire to rewatch LAX just because of that long goodbye scene.
- Sawyer and Ana Lucia - Agree that they had potential. I also thought Ana Lucia would have worked with Sayid.
- Jack and Sarah - If Sarah had played a more prominent role, maybe, but a reconciliation would have seemed empty after all of the island stuff.
- John and Helen - I've blocked out the phone sex scene, thank you. Nothing against them, but I prefer John as a crazy zealot.
- Sayid and Nadia - Not developed enough to care.

Edit: just to clarify, I did start to like Jack and Kate together at the beginning of season 5, when they were running around LA together. So they work when they're alone, but not when Sawyer and Juliet are around.
Last edited by chris_s on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chris_s
Supporting Actor

Postby esperanza on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:22 pm

chris_s you are definitely not far off the mark! I agree 100% with your assessment :lol:

I never considered Ana-Lucia and Sayid before, I think they would have made a really cool couple.

With regards Jack and Kate, I, for one, am definitely finding myself liking Jack more this season (and wow is he looking hot!) and I still think Kate and himself work much better as friends, when he's away from Kate I enjoy his storyline so much more.

esperanza
Stunt Double

Postby kristy815 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Last edited by kristy815 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So, who is this Mr. Bench anyway?
kristy815
Star Billing

Postby toknocks on Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:02 pm

- Sun and Jin - used to really like them, but they were kept apart for too long.
- Saywer and Kate - used to like them slightly better than Jate, rooting against them since LaFleur, despise them since The Incident.
- Jack and Kate - mostly indifferent, have warmed to them over the past two seasons.
- Des and Penny - Love them!
- Charlie and Claire - cute but I don't like Claire much.
- Jack and Juliet- liked them.
- Sayid and Shannon - liked them.
- Sawyer and Juliet - got me invested in the quad of doom. For that I both love and hate them.
- Sawyer and Ana Lucia - was kinda hot.
- Jack and Sarah - no opinion.
- John and Helen - like them.
- Sayid and Nadia - indifferent.
- Boone and Shannon - I still have hope for them. :wub:
toknocks
Viewer

Postby fingersplints on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:02 pm

toknocks wrote:- Boone and Shannon - I still have hope for them. :wub:

O.o
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Postby lostfan5007 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:05 pm

fingersplints wrote:

O.o

Fingy, there actually are some people who think that Sayid is referring to Shannon when he says all those words about the woman he loves :lol: :lol:

charliefan4life wrote:Lostfan is the sweetest, kindest, most-amazing, all-around great guy in the history of the world! :wub: :wub:
lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby esperanza on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:46 am

lostfan5007 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

O.o

Fingy, there actually are some people who think that Sayid is referring to Shannon when he says all those words about the woman he loves :lol: :lol:

LOL :rofl: Can someone tell me what the world was the point of Sayid and Shannon??!! It seems so ridiculous now when they have focused in so heavily on Sayid's immense love for Nadia. Sayid and Shannon must be one of the worst pairings on Lost ever! :lol:

I too still have hope for Boone and Shannon :blush: , they had great chemistry on-screen together and they both were easy on the eye! ;) Even if the whole scenario was a bit like something from Maury or Sally Jesse.... :lol:

esperanza
Stunt Double

Postby lostfan5007 on Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:45 pm

esperanza wrote:
lostfan5007 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

O.o

LOL :rofl: Can someone tell me what the world was the point of Sayid and Shannon??!! It seems so ridiculous now when they have focused in so heavily on Sayid's immense love for Nadia. Sayid and Shannon must be one of the worst pairings on Lost ever! :lol:

I too still have hope for Boone and Shannon :blush: , they had great chemistry on-screen together and they both were easy on the eye! ;) Even if the whole scenario was a bit like something from Maury or Sally Jesse.... :lol:

You are absolutley right. The worst pairings of Lost are(in my opinion of course):

1. Jack and Kate - Blieh :thumbsdown:
2. Daniel and Charlotte - Sucks for Daniel. Charlotte never really liked him
3. Sun and Jae Lee - Boring. Poor Jin :(
4. Sayid and Shannon - Shannon belongs with Boone :wub: , and Jin with Nadia :wub:
5. Every Kate relationship that the show has shown except Sawyer&Kate cause Sawyer just can't be in any 'worst' list

lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby chris_s on Sun May 23, 2010 3:45 pm

We're going to a concert tonight! Got to go shopping. :lol:
chris_s
Supporting Actor

Postby Heiots on Sun May 23, 2010 3:46 pm

chris_s wrote:We're going to a concert tonight! Got to go shopping. :lol:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:flowers: Caution: All Juliet related :flowers:
My Fanfiction My YT Videos My Art
Heiots
Star Billing

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Shipper Section