Survivor: Redemption Island

Big Brother is watching!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Survivor: Redemption Island

Postby Dogma9 on Mon May 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Rob played a good game but his personality bugs the crap outta me. But honestly Parvarti was the last winner I wasn't really a fan of :lol: so I'v had a good run of being happy with winners.

I do have a feeling next season will be better. Usually how it goes. A few sleepers and then awesome ones. I also imagine whoever they bring back will be more likable the Stephanie/Bobby-Jon pair. Again just a feeling :lol: then again its not like I predicted Rob winning ugh LOL.
thanks to XTS

:haha: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :rockon: :w00t: :taz: :batman: :taz: :gunsmile: :tank: :guns: :music: :boat:
Dogma9
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Tue May 17, 2011 2:51 am

I'm glad Rob ended up winning. Julie really **** me off with her words towards Natalie about how her parents shouldn't be proud of her for the way she played. Sadly nobody pointed out how Julie's daughters shouldn't be proud of the way she played, stealing a man's only pair of shorts (even though Phillip is crazy).

Hopefully next season is a little more competitive, but Rob played a great game.
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue May 17, 2011 3:35 am

Ricardus Alpert wrote:I'm glad Rob ended up winning. Julie really **** me off with her words towards Natalie about how her parents shouldn't be proud of her for the way she played. Sadly nobody pointed out how Julie's daughters shouldn't be proud of the way she played, stealing a man's only pair of shorts (even though Phillip is crazy).

Hopefully next season is a little more competitive, but Rob played a great game.

Yeah, you're totally right. I forgot about that, actually. I got a little upset when she said her piece, too. She had NO BUSINESS talking about Natalie and her people like that. I mean, Natalie is a 19 year old girl for one thing. I've seen A LOT of people play games way more "dishonorably" than she did. And what does "dishonorably" mean anyway in relation to Survivor? It kills me when people on the jury....and it happens EVERY season...start talking about people playing "dishonorably" and breaking their word, etc, etc. Survivor is not about passing a polygraph test....The game is Outwit, Outplay, Outlast.

I see nothing wrong with the way Natalie played..sure, she had no chance of beating Rob, but she DID make the final three....something that Julie can not say. Name me one Survivor finalist that went through the entire game and never told a lie...

Anyway...
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby charliefan4life on Wed May 18, 2011 10:47 am

You're right Sawyer. I don't think Natalie could have won this game any way you slice it-she didn't have the experience. But she was smart enough to hook up with the guy that did and she did stick it out 39 days without whining-(Unlike Kelly who quit last season towards the end because she coulnd't take it). If she was my kid I'd have been proud she even went, and sticking it out and making it to the final 3 would have been the icing on the cake. Whether she won or not.

And I think Boston Rob is a totally stand-up guy outside of the show who adores his wife and family. Grant needs to cut him some slack.

Thank you DarthLocke for the delicious sig!

Ian Somerhalder is my destiny!

I love you in a place where there's no space or time...
charliefan4life
Show Expert

Postby Sawyer5665 on Wed May 18, 2011 4:16 pm

I agree, cf4l...Natalie has nothing to be ashamed of at all. I also agree about Rob. He never gave me any vibes that he was anything but 100% committed to his wife and child. You could see it in his eyes after he won the last immunity challenge when he was crying.
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Fri May 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:
Ricardus Alpert wrote:I'm glad Rob ended up winning. Julie really **** me off with her words towards Natalie about how her parents shouldn't be proud of her for the way she played. Sadly nobody pointed out how Julie's daughters shouldn't be proud of the way she played, stealing a man's only pair of shorts (even though Phillip is crazy).

Yeah, you're totally right. I forgot about that, actually. I got a little upset when she said her piece, too. She had NO BUSINESS talking about Natalie and her people like that. I mean, Natalie is a 19 year old girl for one thing. I've seen A LOT of people play games way more "dishonorably" than she did. And what does "dishonorably" mean anyway in relation to Survivor? It kills me when people on the jury....and it happens EVERY season...start talking about people playing "dishonorably" and breaking their word, etc, etc. Survivor is not about passing a polygraph test....The game is Outwit, Outplay, Outlast.

I see nothing wrong with the way Natalie played..sure, she had no chance of beating Rob, but she DID make the final three....something that Julie can not say. Name me one Survivor finalist that went through the entire game and never told a lie...

Anyway...

Yeah, and I'm sure all those people wished they were in Rob's position to be able to manipulate people like that. Probably everyone besides Matt would have done the same thing.
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Previous

Return to Reality Shows