Refuge for the DCaaPB Addicts

Sig testing, code testing, birthday threads, spam - Don't go too wild!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Refuge for the DCaaPB Addicts

Postby sosolost on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:52 pm

DarkUFO wrote:
sosolost wrote:Okay, quick non-forum-savvy question -- what happens to the other thread? Will it eventually be unlocked once everyone visits it and understands it is On-Topic only or ??

Yep, we'll either re-open that one when people get used to using this one for chat, or we'll create a shiny new thread :)

We have not decided officially but we'll sort something out.

Thanks Dark -- we appreciate you!! Keep us posted so we'll know where to go for immediate clue/reveal info! :hail:
sosolost
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Jemmahaha on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:53 pm

midnight-barber wrote:
sosolost wrote:
alwayslost01 wrote:
sosolost wrote:Waves to all that have found their way here so far. Doesn't it kinda feel like the Beach vs. the Caves issue??

Yep... bar the fact there's no water here, which I think would make this place oddly better! :p

Water would be good. Hey, I've got lots of leftover Halloween candy. In fact, if everyone will PM me their address I'll mail it to you so I can get it out of my house and stop eating it!!

i got an aunt who lives on in the gulf of mexico and whenever she comes to the uk she takes back a suitcase full of cadburrys choclate and marmite.

Marmite?! :scared: Why oh why? O.o the only time I would eat that stuff is when my ex would be put it on his toast and I'd steal a piece.. Y'know... As I'm lovely like that. :rofl:

jonnywest wrote:
Jemmahaha wrote:
AquariusYP wrote:Side question: do posts in this thread not count toward our post count?

Nope, this is the "spam" forum. :/

oh that kind of stinks. i dont want to be 97 forever. im much better OT talker. im terrible with the clues.

Dittooo. I tried last week and was wayyyy cold. It's our destiny jonny. It's our destiny!
"Explore. Dream. Discover."
Jemmahaha
Stunt Double

Postby alwayslost01 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:53 pm

midnight-barber wrote:
alwayslost01 wrote:
midnight-barber wrote:
sosolost wrote:Okay, quick non-forum-savvy question -- what happens to the other thread? Will it eventually be unlocked once everyone visits it and understands it is On-Topic only or ??

and also does the fact this forum is off topic mean no clues can be discussed here?? haha seriously tho i take it clue talk will commence here to right?!?

Damn straight it will man, this is gonna be the exact same as the other thread was. :D

ahh good stuff. i kinda wanna go back and re-up all my emile pics here now :) :roll:

Do it. Do it now. :|

:D
alwayslost01
Guest Star

Postby sosolost on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Okay, lunch break is over. Back to it! Bye for now!
sosolost
Stunt Double

Postby ms pixie riot on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:55 pm

Why yes, I do <3 sci-fi, why do you ask? I'd love to talk about any of the shows in my sig.
Avatar by quiet_ingenue @ LJ, signature by me.
ms pixie riot
Stunt Double

Postby AquariusYP on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:56 pm

Thanks Dark!

My first attempt at a parody:

Jack: These forums make too good a shelter just to be used for on-topic convo. Adam and Eve, they must have posted here. Their page was locked, or maybe they were ship-wrecked. They probably found this place and knew they could survive here. Unlimited supply of fresh LOST addicts, new thread keeps the offT down [in the official thread], shields out the offT complaints… the links are few, easier for protection against scalpers. We don't need to bring the OffT convo to the people. We need to bring the people to the OffT thread. I think we could live here.
AquariusYP
Stunt Double

Postby sosolost on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:57 pm

AquariusYP wrote:Thanks Dark!

Jack: These forums make too good a shelter just to be used for on-topic convo. Adam and Eve, they must have posted here. Their page was locked, or maybe they were ship-wrecked. They probably found this place and knew they could survive here. Unlimited supply of fresh LOST addicts, new thread keeps the offT down [in the official thread], shields out the offT complaints… the links are few, easier for protection against scalpers. We don't need to bring the OffT convo to the people. We need to bring the people to the OffT thread. I think we could live here.

Love it!
sosolost
Stunt Double

Postby Jemmahaha on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Here, here! :thumbsup: :rofl: :rofl:
"Explore. Dream. Discover."
Jemmahaha
Stunt Double

Postby alwayslost01 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:58 pm

You made me giggle, good job! :thumbsup:
alwayslost01
Guest Star

Postby AquariusYP on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:59 pm

Yay, thanks! :blush:

ETA: I feel the same jonnywest, I'm not as quick with the clues either but like the OT talk
AquariusYP
Stunt Double

Postby crofutian on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:06 pm

DarkUFO wrote:
midnight-barber wrote:i should just say (as we all should) thanks to dark and what not for not kicking us off completely but letting us have our own little playground for on and off topic. They have made it so the family can stay together. NICE ONE!!!

Yep, we certainly don't want anyone to leave but the other thread was just growing out of control. We should have nipped it the bud earlier :whistle:

Glad to see so many of you making your way over here.

TSK TSK TSK ... all the great things you have done for the lost fanatics, but then again your an Arsenal fan....oh well there is no such thing as perfection.
crofutian
Extra

Postby midnight-barber on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:08 pm

For Lost101

that will do for now... :)

dont kick me out :(
Men reject their prophets and slay them, but they love their martyrs and honor those they have slain
midnight-barber
Supporting Actor

Postby Hefty on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Kudos! Very well done. So, this is our new home, eh? Where's the bar...
Hefty
Stunt Double

Postby crofutian on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:11 pm

midnight-barber wrote:For Lost101

that will do for now... :)

ahhhh, now its starting to feel like the old thread
crofutian
Extra

Postby The 2nd Focus on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Did we ever create a thread for all the missing letters from the beginning of the ARG through now?

I started a list a while ago - then lost it - now just wanting to piece some of it together in anticipation of an over-arching clue (perhaps for print 16, perhaps for season 6).

And, may I say, wow - this is kinda weird timing for this crack down on off topic chatter - why now?
I like to think there always are... possibilities
The 2nd Focus
Extra

PreviousNext

Return to "All The Other Stuff"