[Official] Dexter Ep. 5.12 Discussion

General discussion for 'Dexter'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Dexter Ep. 5.12 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:51 pm

"The Big One"

9:00 PM

Discuss Dexter's Season Finale episode here.

Dexter is lured into a trap. Quinn puts his personal feelings about Dexter aside in order to ask for his help. Deb allows her emotions cloud her judgment.

Directed by: Steve Shill
Written by: Chip Johannessen & Manny Coto

Check out Dexter Sneak Peeks and more: http://www.spoilertv.com/Dexter

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Dexter Ep. 5.12 Discussion

Postby b3rt4 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:09 am

Well that was disappointing just like the rest of the season.

They get through this entire Lumen **** and then at the end she's all like "I'm leaving" and that's it? Seriously?

I'm also **** that Debra STILL has no **** clue about what Dexter does, it's been five **** seasons now.

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:58 am

Disappointing, to say the least, just like this whole season. It seems like nothing progressed at all this entire season, it was all just so pointless. :roll:

Lumen is a bitch, seriously wtf is that ****?

b3rt4 wrote:
I'm also **** that Debra STILL has no **** clue about what Dexter does, it's been five **** seasons now.

Indeed.
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby sooie159 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:57 am

OK, I can maybe go along that the last 15 minutes was a bit anticlimactic, but I prefer to think that it was more philosophical and introspective than the norm. We didn't see the internal dialogue that went into the Quinn decision, so I can see the writers' device in allowing that reveal at the party, but I still would have liked to see that wrestling match in Dex's head. Also, WTF is Quinn now thinking? Does he just think that Dex has his back as a fellow cop? Surely this story-line can't be over like that. I am very excited to think that Quinn will ask more questions of Dex next season knowing all the time that Liddy was all over Dex like white on rice.

I guess one thing that everyone is overlooking is how Deb let the vigilantes go!!! Of course, for the show to go on, she had to let them go, but all of the serious questions and dark secrets that everyone involved is carrying around - it would be next to impossible to even wake up in the morning and face these people: Quinn looking sideways at Dex for LIddy and for letting him go with the blood evidence; Deb not knowing what really happened with Quinn and walking around the police station knowing she let killers go free; Dex knowing is sister had him nailed and knowing Quinn and LIddy were on top of him... it would seriously be stressful working there! Ha, ha.

Anyway, seriously I'm excited about all the possibilities for next season. I'm going to be pulling for a Luxter-esque duo for Quinn and Dex next season - two cops setting justice right! Wait, is that a little too Miguel Prado-ish?
¡Viva los porcinos! GO HOGS GO!!!
sooie159
Extra

Postby JediChewy on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:20 am

So why did Morgan let the "criminals behind the curtain go??" I was confused.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby Two Sides on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:43 am

JediChewy wrote:So why did Morgan let the "criminals behind the curtain go??" I was confused.

I think she empathised with them... a little too much.

As for the finale... it was **** ****. (slightly harsh) looking back, it was a good episode... but very underwhelming for a finale. Had it's highpoints, like the scene with Debra nearly catching Dex in the act. And then when Lumen killed Chase.

Quinn lived and didn't get arrested... Chase died - The only positives.

So annoyed right now, pointless. Any direction could have been taken after the previous episode, yet they decided to take the worst one! :cursing:
Last edited by Two Sides on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Minnie on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:59 am

So annoyed right now, pointless. Any direction could have been taken after the previous episode, yet they decided to take the worst one!

It is a great build up for the next season
Quinn knows that Dexter has something to do with Liddy's death. Knows it was Liddy's blood on his shore, but Dexter cleared him up. This is much more interesting than Doakes story. And remember: those photos are still up there, in Quinn's appartments

I can not believe that so much people thought that Lumen could stay. It was clear that after Chase will be dead, she will have no need to kill, she would want her life back.We even were not introduced to her normal self much.. She was a tool to show Dexter could be a human being. It was atonement to give to another human her life back. The thing he did not do before.

Deb is not ready yet to accept Dexter's ways. She is close to that but not ready.
Minnie
Viewer

Postby Sandiwich11 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:22 am

I really enjoyed the finale, though it did feel like it dragged on a bit like Return of the King with all the endings :P Like the whole season it had to have a different feel to it imo, Lithgow is simply an actor who can't be 'topped', they had to take it a slightly different direction.

I really thought for a while that Debs would find Lumen, and that Quinn would get set up as her partner. Would have made for a great start to next year having them both facing a court case and seeing Dexter fudging evidence to get them off. Quinn has been the big turn around for me this season, really haven't been fond of him since he joined and didn't trust him at all. But he's proved his worth this year.

Next season should be fun, it can't take too long for Dex and Quinn to have it all out, and then I assume they are both going to want to 'protect' Debs from the truth :lol:

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Joel Leo J on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:33 am

I'm sure Deb knows it was Dexter behind the plastic, something she said at the end, like I know or something...

I enjoyed the finale but it was a bit of a let down, hoping for Deb to be right in the middle getting in on the kill with Luxter...

I enjoyed this season tense at times, but I felt it had so much to out to rest with Rita and his grief....

I have no idea where next season is gonna go, maybe making Dex and Quinn good friends, there's a fine line between love and hate... deb finding out about lumen, and then maybe Dex...

hoping for better next season, much better...

Whole season I would give 7/10
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Two Sides on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:56 am

I've had an hour to reflect... :)

Still massively disappointed and let down but I appreciate the scene where Deb nearly catches Dexter and Lumen a lot more. It furiates me that Lumen just up and leaves! I was hoping she'd die or get arrested. The last 20 minutes had me falling asleep though :( was hoping for something, anything to happen near the scale of last season.
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Sandiwich11 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Two Sides wrote:I've had an hour to reflect... :)

Still massively disappointed and let down but I appreciate the scene where Deb nearly catches Dexter and Lumen a lot more. It furiates me that Lumen just up and leaves! I was hoping she'd die or get arrested. The last 20 minutes had me falling asleep though :( was hoping for something, anything to happen near the scale of last season.

I'm kinda glad they didn't try to out climax last season, could have very easily jumped that shark if they had try to top the emotion in that way. I fully expect them to ramp it up for next year thou, there can't be many more seasons to come surely? :hmm:

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Two Sides on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:43 pm

sandi wrote:
Two Sides wrote:I've had an hour to reflect... :)

I'm kinda glad they didn't try to out climax last season, could have very easily jumped that shark if they had try to top the emotion in that way. I fully expect them to ramp it up for next year thou, there can't be many more seasons to come surely? :hmm:

I suppose your right, but still, I love a good cliffhanger :P I agree, next season has to be hectic' in a good way,.. But then I have a feeling next season will be the last!
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:02 pm

It was a great finale for 40 minutes, what happened to the big ending though?
The writers definitely said they had another 'season 4 ending' for this season?

Overall I am disappointed, because I was really enjoying the finale, but was expecting it to finish with a bang... I was even expecting a quick cut-away to Lumen reporting Dexter or something!
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Minnie on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:04 pm

I have no idea where next season is gonna go, maybe making Dex and Quinn good friends

Could be nice development: Dexter learns how to make a friends whith human who is not a killer like him :roll:

The writers definitely said they had another 'season 4 ending' for this season?

I've heard the opposite
Minnie
Viewer

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Maybe they were just saying anything to keep it a 'surprise.'
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Next

Return to Dexter Discussion [No spoilers!]