[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.02 Discussion

General discussion for 'Dexter'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.02 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:08 am

"Once Upon a Time"

9:00PM

Discuss Dexter's latest episode here.

To solve a mysterious and macabre murder, Homicide brings in Brother Sam, a minister with a criminal past whom Dexter recognizes as a fellow killer that might have found a cover even better than his own; now a local hero, Debra is surprised by two life-changing proposals.

Source: Showtime

Check STV.com/Dexter for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Dexter Ep. 6.02 Discussion

Postby brentoid on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:21 pm

mos def !!!

it was an ok episode...debra was as funny & profane as ever...masuska was as ever being a total letch...although it was a nice view...sorta dont want the killers to be in some end days type of cult, but i cant see any other way to spin it...

anyone else got any ideas about this seasons killers?
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:35 pm

I think Mos Def will be a hard character to read....

The theological implications of the season and the idea of ' a good shepherd' seem more like [religious] GANGS (think modern Boardwalk Empire - were gangs/former criminals turned cult could act as CI's for some cops) and I haven't ruled out that Mos Def's character is a wolf in sheep's clothing....

"Once upon a time" continues to give me intrigue about the idea of time travel and of course the implications of fairy tales, until Disney got a hold of them, were traditionally manifestations of Theological, philosophical, and/or mythological STORIES reinvented to teach kids about those kinds of things.... But more importantly one could say that Fairy Tales or Myths use what we take as fantasy or super natural to explain human nature and moral ethics...But it is fantasy that Dexter lacks as a scientist and as a sudo-pathological person. It is his belief that he is a monster and that wishes are just for kids that holds him back as a killer....Theology opens the door to nightmares and dream.s..and dreams can be hopes and way to transform ourselves to take control over our lives in the belief of a greater good....it will be interesting where the show will take those ideas in terms of having Dexter come to terms with his own beliefs...If something Super Natural will happen to him?

I also think that what Deb said might still be coming for Dexter...she said she no longer wants her father's approval, but she is scared because she is essentually moving on with out him...and I think this is still something Dexter has yet to do, since it could be argued that Harry may be 'the dark passenger' and that he needs to let Harry go, if Harry will let him, in order to have a life with his son he wants... (Deb comments and asks if Dexter was going through, 'the kill your father' thing...I think that is what they both need to do, but something tells me both the Harry in Dexter's head and other secrets that Harry left behind to unfold, might make that hard for both of them to do)

In addition there have been things that remind of both Brian (the mannikins, the Quinn proposal) and things that remind me of the artistic aspect of Lila West...I have yet to read the books, but know that the second one deals with a more "fine arts" theme and wonder if that will relate here...

As for what's going on with Mr. Olmos and his student's character, I am not sure...but this is also reminsent of Jorden Chase...using athority to get others to do work for you, but obviously Olmos character isn't afraid to sacrifice a little himself...but I am not sure how he fits in with everything else...what his goal is? --But if he making a mark on advertising 'the appocolypse', then CHANGE and Transformation might be what awaits us at the end of the season in som SUPER way!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Gary Troup on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:30 pm

I really liked Mos Def's character, I hope he doesn't get killed off too early.

Deb becoming lieutenant will be interesting :hmm:

The baddies, I'm not too sure about though :unsure:
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Michelle on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:10 am

Colin Hanks in that church scene was painful to watch, horrible acting. Other than that I thought the episode was pretty good.
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby Twitchys Girl on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 pm

I can't stand Colin Hanks in this. He might be the reason I dislike this season. His "angry" face makes me angry for having to look at it.
Twitchy's Girl
Twitchys Girl
Extra

Postby Sandiwich11 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Sooo glad that it's not just me who isn't liking Hanks, he's spoiling the season with his complete lack of gravitas for me if I'm honest. I was really looking forward to having a the good/angelic v the bad/evil but his hammy acting makes me cringe :p

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby brentoid on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:16 pm

ah, poor colin hanks... :lol:
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert