[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.04 Discussion

General discussion for 'Dexter'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.04 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:20 am

"A Horse of A Different Color"

9:00PM

Discuss Dexter's latest episode here.

Much to his own surprise, an emergency with Harrison and a new tableau from Gellar and Travis has Dexter leaning on Brother Sam and an unexpected winged messenger for support as he questions the idea of faith; with proof of a religiously motivated killer, Homicide hunts for a zealot, with Debra giving her first official press conference.

Source: Showtime

Check STV.com/Dexter for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Dexter Ep. 6.04 Discussion

Postby brentoid on Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:32 pm

great episode this...debs press conference was as funny as it was predictable...i for one would appreciate more f-bombs in press conferences...

and the killers...woah...did anyone else get a whiff of the saw films for the greenhouse kill?...i was totally saying locusts before they opened the cupboard...

and mr hanks, very stupid of you to be at the crime scene, and stupid of everyone else bar dexter to notice him...

loved quinn & batistas doobie break...heheh...

the seasons looking good i reckon...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Re: [Official] Dexter Ep. 6.04 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:46 pm

The locus are interesting because it's one of the ten plagues that took down Ancient Egypt explained in "Exodus"...I remember watching a segment on History Channel about Moses and Yahweh, I think, and scientists and/or anthropologist think that Locus mass attacks could have been one interpretation to some of those horrific things that happened to them which then in turn could have lead to other plagues of disease...

"On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn — both men and animals —and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD."

I still don't trust Brother Sam even though I like his character...Dexter has yet to think about the fact that Harrison wasn't sick until right after the Baptism-Barbe-Q celebration...I like how they showed the wheel chair near the vending machine, reminding us of Harry's last days...It's strange that Harry has been so open about the idea of "God", considering he killed himself at the expense of trying to save Dexter in a rather horrific way. I am not sure yet where this is going, only given the title of these episodes, do I think something that might be unexplanable by modern science, or unbelievable to most people (something that may be perceived as magical and/or devastating could happen--->tornado/con man (tragedy/disaster) and another alternate universe (a new way to see something to save it??...)

Deb is always wonderful, but she should have shoved Maria's necklace down the toilet! -I kind of like Anderson too, just simply because, he is helping everyone understand why the killers are doing what they are doing, and additionally it was strange to see Dexter support him.

Something that they are really hitting on with Matsuke is that despite all the crazy of his social or sex life, he has some kind of moral center. He believes in the job he and his department are doing. It was something we could kind of see before when no one went to see him read his published paper, but now it's clear that Matsuka cares deeply about something...about telling the truth of the human saga and to preserve the evidence of justice.

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to Dexter Discussion [No spoilers!]