[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.08 Discussion

General discussion for 'Dexter'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.08 Discussion

Postby Joshua on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:52 pm

"Sins Of Omission"

9:00PM

Discuss Dexter's latest episode here.

Dexter, using what he's learned from Brother Sam, comes a step closer to the Doomsday killers, specifically Travis; Deb and LaGuerta go head-to-head after a call girl ends up dead.

Check STV.com/Dexter for Spoilers.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Dexter Ep. 6.08 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:49 pm

I didn't get time to comment much on "Nebraska", but after that amazing scene with Brian Dexter with the pitchfork, I think it strongly supports that Gellar is a hullucination, and that poor Travis has severe schizophrenia!

I was thinking at some point his body will be recovered...and my guess is that his former student who played his "sacrificial lamb' is the killer...and so she knows he can't be the Doomsday Killer, but to say so would incriminate herself...

I still don't feel good about Deb and the fact that she took that house. I didn't really believe the former owners committed a murder/suicide and/or that there wasn't something more than cheating involved. So now I wonder if it relates to this OD prostitute....and oh, and Maria can be killed at any time, I wouldn't mind.

I think Angel's instincts with Louis Green are spot on. There is something not right there...

It does seem like Deb might find out about Dexter by the end of the season, especially if her psycologist changes her scope...

These last 3 episodes have been really good! I am constantly worried about Deb and Dexter!

I just wanted to add that I think Thomas Matthews might be involved with what ever is going on with LaGuerta...I don't remember the episode, but it was a flash back to Deb's birthday and Matthews came over and was fighting with Harry. Harry seemed to imply he was upset with bureaucracy, as somehow how they weren't going to prosecute some horrible criminal and so the guy would walk. Deb might be SO good of a detective that they have to take her out, make it so she can never be a police officer of any sort ever again, because there are shady things going on. Corrupt government official (which then remind me Miguel Prado and the name Miguel does remind me of the name Gellar)

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:46 am

its actually gonna be dissapointing if the professor is revealed to be dead...its too obvious, im hoping he turns up...alive...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby Devil's Arcade on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:06 am

Yeah, it's no fight club... it's just far too 'obvious' that he is a dark passenger... but if it turns out that he is actually there, then that'd be better.
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert

Postby Michelle on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:50 am

I don't think he is dead.
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:35 pm

It's just reading/watching a lot of Stephen King (Secret Window) and "A Beautiful Mind" along with the Brian/Dexter pitchfork scene that makes me think otherwise, but I agree with everyone that it would better if he were alive...
Last edited by DarthLocke on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:48 pm

nowt wrong with reading a lot of stephen king !! :thumbsup:

as for the DDK killer...there's a lot of history with serial killers having split personalities in fiction, im thinking red dragon for example ( the book not the remake of manhunter ) francis dollarhyde ended up eating a painting of the great red dragon & the woman clothed in the sun to save his new friend reba...it sort of worked, and in real life David Berkowitz believe his dog was giving him orders... :|

its interesting to see the killer being conflicted...but with all the signposting the show has done, we have never seen the professor interact with anyone on the show apart from travis...it will be interesting to see how travis got chained to the floor...

as for dexter & brian...my guess is he will never be totally free from brian, same way he will never be totally free of his dark passenger...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby Michelle on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:32 am

The question is why would the professor interact with anyone else? Remember he is in the front of the tabloids, he is a wanted criminal so it makes sense for him to only be interacting with Travis.
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:11 am

-----------------

I came back after thinking about this some more. I had forgotten how the season opened with Dexter going to his high school reunion. I often feel that Dexter and Deb's story is about making up for lost time, as both of them were deprived of normalcy when Laura was killed, Harry took Dexter in, and Deb's mother died of cancer. That is why I felt season 4 (the trinity killer) was SO good, because the loss of Lundy and Rita amplified the justification for those two to find those missing parental figures they so craved from childhood and pushed their identities into adulthood forward.

Bringing Brian back into the mix also adds some weight here. In the last two episodes following Brian's death (Season 2's It's Alive and Waiting to Exhale) marks a Dexter flashback to his teenage years when he gets upset while at target practice that Harry had to cancel a trip of hunting due to work. Dexter is so upset he shots the gun at Harry. This whole scene mirrors not only the bigger plot of those episodes, but also "Nebraska", as Dexter has to prove to himself he can let go of the worse part of his dark passenger to choose the better part of himself.

This idea of connecting Harry to spiritual thought of moral ethics ties in nice to someone who has so clearly struggled, but then when you add Jonah Mitchell in the picture, you start to see it further that Dexter wants to save his 'youth'. --"What if this was my son?", Dexter says, making us all think about Harrison.

So even though for us, it might be better that Gellar is alive, for Dexter and the story I almost think it would be better if he were not there...Travis then becomes the youth of Dexter...and Dexter might have to decide what 'his youth is worth'? ---He will be forced to think about his own dark passenger and be confronted with the inevital break down.

Michelle wrote:The question is why would the professor interact with anyone else? Remember he is in the front of the tabloids, he is a wanted criminal so it makes sense for him to only be interacting with Travis.

You make a good point, but don't you think it's strange that NO other witnesses have come forward to say they have seen him, or heard of him, besides for his other former student, who supossibly hasn't seen him in 3 years? I mean episode 9 is coming, and we really don't know much about him.

Really the only thing that supports Gellar's existence is the girl who got a way....she said she heard two vioces, one young, and one old. Now I am not saying it's not possible for a person to pull that off, but I think it would be pretty hard to have a voice so different...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Michelle on Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:37 am

DarthLocke wrote:You make a good point, but don't you think it's strange that NO other witnesses have come forward to say they have seen him, or heard of him, besides for his other former student, who supossibly hasn't seen him in 3 years? I mean episode 9 is coming, and we really don't know much about him.

Really the only thing that supports Gellar's existence is the girl who got a way....she said she heard two vioces, one young, and one old. Now I am not saying it's not possible for a person to pull that off, but I think it would be pretty hard to have a voice so different...

People have probably seen him but they don't remember him, I bet he rarely went out and if he did it's at night where it would be hard for anyone to get a good look at him. Not sure if I'm right but whenever we have seen Gellar in public it's usually at night time or at a club. I remember one time there was a scene when they were at a restaurant for breakfast but Gellar/Travis killed the waitress that served them. So it seems like anyone that could be a witness they quickly kill.

There are voice altering gadget he could of used to make him sound older so I can see him being able to pull it off. But I would be very upset if the "catch" the whole time was that Gellar was dead.
Michelle
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:32 pm

Michelle wrote:
DarthLocke wrote:You make a good point, but don't you think it's strange that NO other witnesses have come forward to say they have seen him, or heard of him, besides for his other former student, who supossibly hasn't seen him in 3 years? I mean episode 9 is coming, and we really don't know much about him.

People have probably seen him but they don't remember him, I bet he rarely went out and if he did it's at night where it would be hard for anyone to get a good look at him. Not sure if I'm right but whenever we have seen Gellar in public it's usually at night time or at a club. I remember one time there was a scene when they were at a restaurant for breakfast but Gellar/Travis killed the waitress that served them. So it seems like anyone that could be a witness they quickly kill.

There are voice altering gadget he could of used to make him sound older so I can see him being able to pull it off. But I would be very upset if the "catch" the whole time was that Gellar was dead.

At first for some reason I thought if Gellar wasn't there, that he probably would be dead,I suspected his former student/lover, but then I thought, after talking about it with you guys, -wouldn't it be a better twist if Gellar was alive, but he wasn't with Travis...If he was out of the country or locked up in a basement somewhere...

And I wasn't just talking about the locals of Maimi coming forth, I meant anyone who ever knew him at all. His face is plastered all over the place and not one friend, former student, family member, or collegue came forward...they couldn't find anyone except a lover from 3 years ago and Travis?! Even with that list of Louis Green's, the writers have been SO coy about not letting us know much of anything about Gellar...they have "kept us in the dark"...

I rewatched "Nebraska" yesterday and I thought about what Jonah said about his mom blaming them...it wouldn't surprise me then if she called the FBI/CIA and went against "the family decision" and told them that Kyle Butler is Dexter Morgan...it might be why 'high -tech' Louis Green is there----It's strange that "A slice of Life" came out and we can follow Dexter through out the season and the Louis makes video games that are suppose incorporate his new found forensic experience...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to Dexter Discussion [No spoilers!]