[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.11 Discussion

General discussion for 'Dexter'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.11 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:49 am

"Talk to the Hand"

Discuss Dexter's latest episode here.

Dexter works to catch the Doomsday Killers; Debra's battle with LaGuerta boils over.

Source: Zap2It

Check STV.com/Dexter for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Dexter Ep. 6.11 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:47 pm

What to say after the hand has been shoved in your face?!

First I don't really know how I feel about the psychologist's insights upon Deb's life. I just started watching Dexter this year...and the first time I saw season 1, I thought that Deb might end up with Dexter, but as the season's progressed, I dismissed it. I think a lot of what her shrink said was true, but I don't know if that constitutes romantic feelings since in a very literal sense, Deb has clung to Dexter at the expense of great loss... but simultamiously, Dexter is part of the reason that Deb has been put into such a situation (really it's Harry's and Laura's fault). I also think that Deb wasn't completely honest.

I think Deb actually relied on Angel a great deal and I often wondered if there would ever be anything between them...In addition I don't think Lundy was completely inappropriate. Like Rita, I think Lundy filled a deep void of a long lost parent that Deb needed to move on. But venturing forward with the Deb and Dexter romantic idea, I would feel bad for Lumen, because she would basically become like Deb's Anton to Dexter and I just felt there was something so deep there.

On the other hand I can't deny that Deb has always had this sort of sixth sense, especially when Dexter has been concerned. Lumen didn't just open Dexter up, but Deb too. The idea of a table and chair also compliments each other, but at the same time it parallels Biblical themes of family and sacrifice...like the last supper.

I honestly can't decide if I like the idea or not. :lol: --But I could see a Blue Lagoon-like ending: an Island, drinks, and "a slice of life" for both of them....

I think I will come back later to talk about the other junk...

I rewatched the first few episodes this week...the 'previously on Dexter' before the first episode of the season makes point to go back and reinstate a voice over from some other season...."If I could have feelings for anyone, I would have them for Deb."...

I have thought about ways it could end...I could see Dexter disappearing at the expense of saving someone he cares about...and that there are enough pieces left behind for Deb to figure it all out, but she is put in this real horrible position since she has decided she loves him....

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
Show Expert

Return to Dexter Discussion [No spoilers!]