[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.12 Discussion

General discussion for 'Dexter'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Dexter Ep. 6.12 Discussion

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:41 am

"This Is the Way the World Ends"

9:00PM

Discuss Dexter's season finale episode here.

Dexter and the Homicide team race to catch the Doomsday Killers before their final act; Deb copes with a new emotional reality.

Source: Zap2it

Check STV.com/Dexter for Spoilers.

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Dexter Ep. 6.12 Discussion

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:58 pm

In some sense, I am a little disappointed. Not because of non super natural events, but that the main event wasn't enough for me. I was expecting more to happen to all of the characters and not just be a revelation between Deb and Dexter.

I think my problem is that I have stared to read to the books and to me, this revelation is something so already apart of Lindsay's novels, and it isn't novelty to me, but something expected, minus Deb's feelings for Dexter.

On the other hand, I was on the edge of my seat through most the episode. Colin Hanks, especially in the past 3 episodes, has really scared the heck of me and my hairs stood on end when he took Harrison.

One interesting facet is that Harry didn't appear during the episode at all. I don't know what that would mean, except that maybe Dexter didn't have time to conspire and perhaps becoming 'the other persona' requires a need to plan ahead??? --So maybe in some sense Dexter was more genuine/honest which is why he made more mistakes.

But looking at what was left behind...I could see how season 7 could be more eventful.

Clearly we're left with Debra's discovery, in which I got say, what an interesting reaction. There was no screaming, no saying, "No!", just a gasp with possible shock, but know movement. So she will have to decide if she will let this one go or not...or if the hunt begins....

I had been waiting for Quinn to have some excuse to back to the season 5 jerk is really is. At the beginning of the season, Quinn gets mad at Deb for not accepting his proposal, but he immediately goes to Dexter to accuse him of telling Deb not to Marry him, which despite Dexter's clear feelings about that ("Harrison's Uncle, over my dead body."), Dexter didn't tell Deb what to do, but Quinn says, "She picked you over me?" and Dexter replies, "She didn't pick either of us." and Deb announces herself as Lieutenant....Depending on how Deb reacts to Dexter's hobby, it does appear that Deb would have chosen Dexter over Quinn.

LaGuarte too in the first season made a pass at Dexter, but was rejected. But deep down I think she still regrets what happen go Doakes. Imagine LaGuarte learning of the truth...and both catching wind of a Dexter and Deb relationship...I think it could be disastious.

As for Anderson. I have know clue what his purpose is.

I heard an interesting theory about Lewis Green on Dexter's facebook page yesterday...Some fans speculate that he could be ITK's son. I like the idea and think that could have the writers take a few more elements from the novels.

Oh why do we have to wait like 10 months?!

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:42 pm

right , first of the bat ... FINALLY !!!

like i had said before darth, for me the end game of dexter was deb finding out...really glad she did, even if it should have been last season...and as well, dexter is not a supernatural show...there was as much chance of something of that nature occurring in the show as me suddenly following the x-factor...

so, what happens now ?? does deb protect dexter? id guess yes...simply because we have 2 seasons left...dexter will have to come clean completely...ice truck killer, bay harbour butcher, prado, trinity etc...heheh...cannae wait to see that scene...
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:15 pm

brentoid wrote:right , first of the bat ... FINALLY !!!

like i had said before darth, for me the end game of dexter was deb finding out...really glad she did, even if it should have been last season...and as well, dexter is not a supernatural show...there was as much chance of something of that nature occurring in the show as me suddenly following the x-factor...

so, what happens now ?? does deb protect dexter? id guess yes...simply because we have 2 seasons left...dexter will have to come clean completely...ice truck killer, bay harbour butcher, prado, trinity etc...heheh...cannae wait to see that scene...

Even though I would have been game for super natural/other reality aspect to occur, it wasn't not having that, that disappointed me, but that not enough happened/progressed/digressed with the rest of the cast IMO. I expected for everyone to be in a worse place.

Just to clarify, the reason I thought as much to something else, was because they writers keep playing on time and mythology/story telling that comes with 'the preservation of humanity'. Religion and beliefs (in anything) include the need to preserve ourselves (to have a future to pass onto someone else)...and Dexter is a scientist and additionally some of the things that happen on the show, including how the show crazily strings itself together, is often ridiculous and plays on a type of "fate" in the Dexter universe.

Like I said, it's not why I was a little disappointed, because you can still have those things with out a sci-fi/fantasy element, but just saying that even as a social justice/crime/serial killer drama, it goes rather hyper real and that's the only reason I suspected something could happen like that (I mean how many people thought Tony Saprano was in a comma?)

But I loved the season and actually enjoyed that there are A LOT of loose ends...It's the first time where the end of the season isn't wrapped up in a pretty little package. I am anxious for season 7, not just for Deb and Dexter, but for Louis Greene...

I hear some fans dislike the lack of relationship Travis had with Dexter compared with other past victims, but I actually think it was VERY symbolic and may imply that killing Travis was an "empty" pursuit....especially considering Harry didn't appear in the finale...making Dexter's decisions more of his own, more honest, more genuine, which is what leads him to also make more mistakes...but maybe he is closer to the light?

Something that's kind of funny in the novels:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Deb, knowing Dexter is a serial killer, begs Dexter all the time to help her solve cases! It's twistedly comedic :lol:

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Return to Dexter Discussion [No spoilers!]