If YOU Could Cast the 12th Doctor...

General discussion for 'Doctor Who / Torchwood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: If YOU Could Cast the 12th Doctor...

Postby Akirajay38 on Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:44 pm

ehhh...is he the guy from My Family?....I dunno....He doesn't scream doctor who to me...Alfred Molina...yes...Jonathan Pryce....yes...I dunno....I would like to see someone cool return as The Valeyard...who was he really? was he the doctor...or was he someone else...Also anyone notice how they didn't kill the other David Tennant whos now with Rose?...Could he return as either hero or Villain...or even The Valeyard...ooooo....still vote for Pertwee....brokenrecord...ooooo
Akirajay38
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Joshua on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:05 am

Rupert Grint seems the perfect fit for a ginger Doctor... how much older is Matt Smith, anyway?
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:42 pm

He's 6 years younger, but a) he doesn't act as old as Smith and b) as an actor I think he needs to distance himself from HP for a few years first :(

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Finli Otego on Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:49 pm

I've heard Rupert mentioned a few times....and I personally don't see it. :|

But to be honest, I can't really think of ANYONE.

Valar Morghulis

*Thanks to Jamielost and Miss Ford for the sig!
Finli Otego
Forum Moderator

Postby Akirajay38 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:28 am

totally, Grint needs seasoning, that's why he should be #13(or 14....if the laws of the universe change or River Song is in fact the 14th Doctor....which was my suspicion when she pulled out that sonic screwdriver the first time, but faded slowley away...shame)

Saw someone on (http://jeklyn-hyde.deviantart.com/art/T ... s-77516401) they thought about
Alan Rickman(whom would rock and get him out of the typecasting he's in) and Tim Curry.....to which i say Hell No!....I'm still on the same nagging on for Sean Pertwee.... call me Captain Fanboy...... I dunno, I can't see anyone really playing the Doctor yet....course if Matt Smith starts wearing a fez all the time...I'm sure i can think of some more people....Like Jonathan Pryce...he would be killer....
Akirajay38
Viewer

Postby Nuggen on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Ok. I have now watched Sherlock and am convinced that Moffett flipped a coin between Smith and Cumberbatch to see who would play which role. :lol:

I am very happy with Smith, but should he be unable to fulfill his duties as The Doctor, I will accept Cumberbatch as the runner up.
All of time and space; everywhere and anywhere; every star that ever was. Where do you want to start?
Nuggen
Stunt Double

Postby Fivebretz on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:50 pm

There was only one person I could see filling Tennant's boots (although I have grown to like Smith after all). Still, this is my pick for next Dr:

Fivebretz
Emmy Nominee

Postby Akirajay38 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:47 am

ok, now how 'bout a mind killer....what if, Sean Pertwee replaced John Simm as The Master?
Akirajay38
Viewer

Postby Bella on Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:56 am

Sandiwich11 wrote:Yes!! Pertwee as a Master, or another semi reoccurring baddie, would be brilliant :thumbsup:

Someone mentioned the guy from the BT ads as a good choice for a ginger Doctor, can't help but agree.

He was in Love, Actually and he's now one of the stars of Traffic Light. Not sure he could pull of The Doctor, tbh.

I wish we could have an American Doctor -- James Roday would be SO win in the role. SO WIN. :wub:

Twitter / YouTube Channel

:) STV Podcast co-host :)
Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby Akirajay38 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:41 am

ha, holy moly, i had forgotten i already posted Pertwee as the master...I've gone a little wibbly wobbly timey wimey....
Akirajay38
Viewer

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:11 pm

Bella wrote:I wish we could have an American Doctor -- James Roday would be SO win in the role. SO WIN. :wub:

I'm still not convinced by Roday, but I've only seen him as Shawn and I know others have said he is more rounded in other roles. I just don't get that he would be able to to the old/young thing from what I've seen of him. I do think that Jensen Ackles could possibly do a good job, he is great at portraying several emotions at once thou again is too young maybe :lol:

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Akirajay38 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:53 am

im sorry, The Doctor is British and should remain British! every time Americans make an American remake of a good British show it's lousy...American Cracker was craptastic, the American Being Human unbelievably bad....why would anyone think that an American Doctor Who would be any good. I'm American and i cannot stand it when American studios take a successful show and crap it up. The American Coupling was horrible, because Americans are way too uptight about sex. I stand firm in saying that Doctor Who would be ruined if they used an American actor or made an American version. It would be like recasting Star Trek and making Scotty french and everyone else British.... doesn't work....
Akirajay38
Viewer

Postby Bella on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 am

Sandiwich11 wrote:
Bella wrote:I wish we could have an American Doctor -- James Roday would be SO win in the role. SO WIN. :wub:

I'm still not convinced by Roday, but I've only seen him as Shawn and I know others have said he is more rounded in other roles. I just don't get that he would be able to to the old/young thing from what I've seen of him. I do think that Jensen Ackles could possibly do a good job, he is great at portraying several emotions at once thou again is too young maybe :lol:

How old is Jensen? He's at least as old as Matt Smith, isn't he?

Bella
Senior Moderator

Postby boomstickblues on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:34 am

Bella wrote:
Sandiwich11 wrote:

Jensen just turned 33 on the 1st. I adore the man, though I'm having a hard time imagining him portraying the Doctor. I do believe he's capable in regard to acting ability, but I just don't know if he'd be right for the role. Most people aren't, haha. I think it takes a certain something that's...well, kinda hard to define.

Personally, I wouldn't really have a problem with an American actor as the Doctor, or an actor of any other national origin. He is an alien, after all. My assumption is that he's always been portrayed by British actors due to the fact that DW is a British television series. *shrug*

Though of course I can understand why choosing an American for the part would upset some people. In the end, all that really matters to me is that the actor they choose IS the Doctor. That when they burst onto the screen, babbling about timey wimey things and different worlds and collapsing stars and dogs with no noses and get distracted because OO LOOK AT THAT THAT'S INTERESTING WHAT IS THAT-

Oh. Um...what was I saying?
boomstickblues
Viewer

Postby Bella on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:12 am

boomstickblues wrote:
Bella wrote:
Sandiwich11 wrote:

Jensen just turned 33 on the 1st. I adore the man, though I'm having a hard time imagining him portraying the Doctor. I do believe he's capable in regard to acting ability, but I just don't know if he'd be right for the role. Most people aren't, haha. I think it takes a certain something that's...well, kinda hard to define.

Personally, I wouldn't really have a problem with an American actor as the Doctor, or an actor of any other national origin. He is an alien, after all. My assumption is that he's always been portrayed by British actors due to the fact that DW is a British television series. *shrug*

Though of course I can understand why choosing an American for the part would upset some people. In the end, all that really matters to me is that the actor they choose IS the Doctor. That when they burst onto the screen, babbling about timey wimey things and different worlds and collapsing stars and dogs with no noses and get distracted because OO LOOK AT THAT THAT'S INTERESTING WHAT IS THAT-

Oh. Um...what was I saying?

:lol: :thumbsup:

Bella
Senior Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who / Torchwood Discussion [No spoilers!]