[Official] Doctor Who Ep. 6.12 Discussion

General discussion for 'Doctor Who / Torchwood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] Doctor Who Ep. 6.12 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Closing Time

In the last few days of his life, the Doctor pays a farewell visit to his old friend Craig, and encounters a mystery, as the time-travelling drama continues.

People are going missing, a silver rat scuttles in the shadows of a department store, and somewhere close by the Cybermen are waiting…

The Doctor is played by Matt Smith, Craig by James Corden, Amy by Karen Gillan and Rory by Arthur Darvill.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] Doctor Who Ep. 6.12 Discussion

Postby Dreyesbo on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:41 am

I liked the episode, not as much as The Lodger, but I think it was pretty good. Of course, I'm not English, so I don't have any background on Corden (Which everyone seems to hate).

- The Cybermen are going the way of the Dalek; not threatening. Now that I think of it, each species seems better when it's only one of them, like in the season 5 finale.
- The ending of the episode did feel tacked on. It just seemed weird. I realize they had to set the table, but I much rather have this as the teaser for the next episode, than bookending this one. The kid's testimonies were a nice touch, though.
- And well, for the Doctor, it's been a couple hundred years since he last saw Amy and Rory; we can only assume he visited his other companions, although I would like to think he only saw them and not interacted with them (except, perhaps, for the ones he's met in this incarnation).
- And now, I have no idea how the Doctor will escape his death. After the premiere, I thought that the 200-years-older Doctor would set up an escape of some sorts, and perhaps he has, but right now...it doesn't seem so.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby Ladye Rigel on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:56 pm

I really liked the episode although I found it rather jarring between camera angles. After thinking about it a while and seeing next weeks promo I've decided that it was done that way on purpose - - - to keep one edgy.

Next week seems like it will be a sit on the edge of your seat nail biter.
The Seven Sisters
Ladye Rigel
Viewer

Postby Iceman on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Im with you on Corden, I don't get the hate either, although the only thing ive seen him in is Who.

I liked the episode. I hope Stormageddon becomes a future companion :P

Is the only thing Amy has modeled is perfume? I can hope otherwise.... ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Joshua on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 am

Nice english there, Matt ;)

But I really loved the episode :D

Thought the relationship between Craig and the Doctor was brilliant.

Oh, and I'd totally forgotten about Rory and Amy till they were seen.
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Return to Doctor Who / Torchwood Discussion [No spoilers!]