Steve Carrel

General discussion for 'The Office'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Steve Carrel

Postby Leroi22 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:03 am

So with the recent word that this will more than likely be his last season, how much do you all want to bet that NBC will milk it for all its worth and continue the series w/o him? I say it is about a 90% chance! :P

I for one, will not tune in.
Image
User avatar
Leroi22
Supporting Actor
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:02 pm
Location: United States
Gender: Male


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby vader182 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:28 am

I'll watch a few episodes, if it works, it works, if not, I won't watch it.

I'm not sure if the show could be the same though.
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

Image
My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
User avatar
vader182
Emmy Nominee
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:59 am
Location: The White City
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby DharmaLager on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:32 pm

I doubt it will be the same...but it's possible I'll be required by law to watch it since I live in Scranton.
Image
User avatar
DharmaLager
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:24 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby deadlypoison on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:21 am

It's not going to be the same without him. :(
"I won't leave you, I will never leave you again. I love you"
Image
User avatar
deadlypoison
Guest Star
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:20 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:19 pm

vader182 wrote:I'll watch a few episodes, if it works, it works, if not, I won't watch it.

I'm not sure if the show could be the same though.


I'm with you. I'll give it a chance, but I seriously doubt that it'll be worth watching with Michael Scott. The show has dipped in quality over the last two years in my opinion and losing Carrell would, in all likely hood, sink the show for good.

The Office (US) without Michael Scott?? :hmm: :thumbsdown:
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby Two Sides on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:20 pm

I can't imagine The Office not having Steve Carrel in it, that is ludicrous!! :scared:
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:28 pm

Any other character (except maybe Dwight) could leave the show and it would still survive.
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby DestinyCalls on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:57 pm

If the show does go on...I think they will need a new comedian to take his place and not put dwight or jim in chrage of the office.
DestinyCalls
Extra
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:13 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:50 pm

I agree. As someone who lives in Scranton, i'd love for the show to continue, but it shouldn't happen just b/c thew ant to, they'd have to put the right person in that role. If not, I would want them to end it the right way and with Steve Carrell. It's his show as far as I'm concerned.

The show does great things for us, so anything to keep it on and successful would be a good thing, haha
Image
User avatar
DharmaLager
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:24 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby Nick on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:04 pm

I don't watch the show that often, but I can't believe they're even considering going on without Michael Scott. He's pretty much the face of the show.
Image
User avatar
Nick
Emmy Winner
 
Posts: 3598
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:10 pm
Location: Hell (AKA Florida)
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby Sawyer5665 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:25 pm

What if they brought in Ricky Gervais to replace him? :w00t:
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby Two Sides on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Ricky Gervais is better then Steve Carrel so i would be up for that :thumbsup:
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Two Sides wrote:Ricky Gervais is better then Steve Carrel so i would be up for that :thumbsup:


As awesome as it would be, for some reason I don't think it will happen. I just don't see him wanting to do a second version of the office.
Image
User avatar
DharmaLager
Show Expert
 
Posts: 1324
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:24 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby Sawyer5665 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:51 pm

DharmaLager wrote:
Two Sides wrote:Ricky Gervais is better then Steve Carrel so i would be up for that :thumbsup:


As awesome as it would be, for some reason I don't think it will happen. I just don't see him wanting to do a second version of the office.


If they offered him the right amount of money, he would totally do it. He's really the only person that I think could pull off replacing Steve Carrell in my opinion. My question is how will Michael Scott be written off the show?

EDIT: I think I misunderstood this thread. So Steve Carrel is coming back for one more season, correct? That being the case, I think that there will not be another season after the upcoming one.
Image
Image
Image
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!


Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
User avatar
Sawyer5665
Show Expert
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 4:31 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Gender: Male

Re: Steve Carrel

Postby DestinyFound on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Sawyer5665 wrote:
DharmaLager wrote:
Two Sides wrote:Ricky Gervais is better then Steve Carrel so i would be up for that :thumbsup:


As awesome as it would be, for some reason I don't think it will happen. I just don't see him wanting to do a second version of the office.


If they offered him the right amount of money, he would totally do it. He's really the only person that I think could pull off replacing Steve Carrell in my opinion. My question is how will Michael Scott be written off the show?

EDIT: I think I misunderstood this thread. So Steve Carrel is coming back for one more season, correct? That being the case, I think that there will not be another season after the upcoming one.


that is correct... he will be there for season 7, but season 8 will be without him
Image
Show Expert for Glee and The Office
User avatar
DestinyFound
Show Expert
 
Posts: 2327
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:48 pm
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Male


Return to The Office Discussion [No spoilers!]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron