[Official] The Office Season 7 Discussion

General discussion for 'The Office'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] The Office Season 7 Discussion

Postby Sandiwich11 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:07 am

Please use this thread to discuss the latest episode.

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [Official] The Office Season 7 Discussion

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:54 pm

I thought the Christmas episode was the best of the season. Loved it all.
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby HannaK on Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Defnitely one of the better episodes this season! :D Probably it had two of my favourite storylines
1. Jim and Pam
2. Jim and Dwight
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Ricky Gervais' appearance last night was hilarious. Loved hearing David say "that's what she said". :rofl: The hug Michael gave him and the look on his face at the end was perfect.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby HannaK on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:54 am

Threat Level Midnight is my new all time favourite movie.
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:43 am

The last two episodes have been hilarious. This show has not lost its touch.
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby DharmaLager on Mon May 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Thoughts on Michael's last episode anyone? (or is this area dead)
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Mon May 09, 2011 8:18 pm

I thought it was a great way to end Michael's run on the show. Obviously I wish he could stay but they ended it satisfyingly and I hope that the next season or two will be at least half as good. I'll sure keep watching.
...No More

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby DharmaLager on Thu May 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Agreed. I do think it was appropriate. I also think I'm required by law to continue to watch (though I do actually want to) since I live in Scranton, haha.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Leroi22 on Thu May 12, 2011 4:54 pm

The BEST thing is that Michael's last episodes works perfectly as a series finale, if worse comes to worse. But I have high hopes, this show has a wonderful ensemble cast to make this work.

I have to admit....I teared up watching Michael say his last "Thats what she said".... :cry:
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Fri May 13, 2011 12:47 am

Yea I really liked Michael's last episode. There were a bunch of shout-outs to the early seasons that were done well (Dwight's paintball game, Phyllis' oven mitts, etc.). My favorite scenes were Michael and Jim's goodbye in his office, Dwight reading his letter of recommendation, and Pam catching Michael at the airport. Oh, the scene with Michael and Erin outside the building was really good too.

This quote had me dying (paraphrasing):
"Gabe, can I give you some advice? A little cover-up on your adam's apple will make it look smaller, and make you look less like a transvestite." -Michael :rofl:
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Tue May 17, 2011 2:35 am

Thirty-Fiver wrote:Yea I really liked Michael's last episode. There were a bunch of shout-outs to the early seasons that were done well (Dwight's paintball game, Phyllis' oven mitts, etc.). My favorite scenes were Michael and Jim's goodbye in his office, Dwight reading his letter of recommendation, and Pam catching Michael at the airport. Oh, the scene with Michael and Erin outside the building was really good too.

"Gabe, can I give you some advice? A little cover-up on your adam's apple will make it look smaller, and make you look less like a transvestite." -Michael :rofl:

Ridiculously funny. I love when Gabe gets torn apart.
...No More

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby DharmaLager on Tue May 17, 2011 8:52 pm

Agreed. Michael really does have some great moments amongst all his craziness...they're my favorite moments on the show (or were, I suppose).
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Leroi22 on Tue May 17, 2011 9:57 pm

Ricardus Alpert wrote:
Thirty-Fiver wrote:Yea I really liked Michael's last episode. There were a bunch of shout-outs to the early seasons that were done well (Dwight's paintball game, Phyllis' oven mitts, etc.). My favorite scenes were Michael and Jim's goodbye in his office, Dwight reading his letter of recommendation, and Pam catching Michael at the airport. Oh, the scene with Michael and Erin outside the building was really good too.

Ridiculously funny. I love when Gabe gets torn apart.

My favorite Gabe quote so far was:

(Andy walks out of the room)
Gabe: Keep walkin' b*tch!!! (while crying)

So freaking funny the way he said it! :rofl:
Leroi22
Supporting Actor

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Sat May 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Any thoughts on the finale? I thought it was alright, but none of the guest stars really did it for me. I really hope that the new manager is from within the show's cast - either Daryl or Andy. Dwight is obviously an awesome character but I'm not sure how they could realistically have a whole season of him as manager - his episode as acting manager proved that. Catherine Tate's character was way too ridiculous to me to be manager. The only one I would really be happy with was Spader's character. He seemed to be unorthodox yet believable. One thing I loved was Creed's short run as acting manager. I have always loved his character (or at least since they turned him into who he is now after the first season or two of just being a normal guy in the background). That is about exactly what I expected from Creed being in power. Besides that and Ryan, this episode was kind of dry.

I didn't think of it during the episode, but someone brought this up to me- it is possible that Jim may be the manager. Obviously he wasn't seeking the position but I think there is a chance that after reviewing the candidates and finding that none is really right for the job, Jim ends up taking it. He's had it before, but he was really undermined by only being co-manager with Michael and I think it might work better if he was sole manager. The show started off with a bunch of normal people interacting with a crazy boss, but as the characters were developed they pretty much all became crazy or weird in some way besides Jim, Pam, and Oscar. If Jim was manager the show would be a lot different with a bunch of crazy characters interacting with a straight-man boss, the opposite of what we had the first season or two with Michael being crazy and having normal employees.

As for this season, I'll say that it was pretty inconsistent. There were some amazingly funny episodes in the middle of the season, which I thought were actually some of the funniest in the show's history. On the other hand, some recent episodes haven't been too funny at all. I think the episode with Dwight as acting manager proved that this show can survive without Carell. I'd rather not have them bring in some big name just to be manager for the last season or two. The show has a great cast already and I don't think they need to mess with it by bringing in a new person to be one of the main characters of the show.
...No More

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Next

Return to The Office Discussion [No spoilers!]