[Official] The Office - Season 8 - Discussion Thread

General discussion for 'The Office'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

[Official] The Office - Season 8 - Discussion Thread

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:06 pm

Until an official one is made, I thought I'd just write a few things regarding last nights episode.

1. Really enjoyed it. It appears the show is going to indeed be more of a "group" show and I think it could be successful.
2. I liked Andy as the boss, I thought he was the best choice as they clearly couldn't give it to Dwight and it's kind of been there, done that with Jim. I'm still not sure why anyone wanted the job in the office considering they can make more as salesman...but Andy isn't a great salesman, so he made sense once again.

Feel free to move this over to the official thread when it starts...I just wanted to talk about it and there wasn't one yet :)
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Office Season 8 - Unofficial Thread?

Postby DarkUFO on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:08 pm

This is now the official thread :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Re: Office Season 8 - Unofficial Thread?

Postby DharmaLager on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:38 am

DarkUFO wrote:This is now the official thread :)

Woot! Did I ever tell you about the time I in advertantly started the official season 8 discussion thread and then I said, you can shove it up your butt.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Re: [Official] The Office - Season 8 - Discussion Thread

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:05 am

I figured they would pick Andy, mostly because of Ed Hemls's recent popularity with The Hangover and all - I think it was 40 Year Old Virgin that helped make the show a success in the first place with Steve. I've always been a fan of Andy and I love what they have done with him as manager. Andy, the always-unsure guy, is perfect for a manager in this office, especially with the addition of Spader. Those two play off each other perfectly. I also love the focus on the group now. Obviously this isn't going to ever be as good as seasons 2-4 to me but I still love it. Hopefully they can ride this out for 2 or so more seasons.
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:55 am

I agree it made sense. Andy was very "Michael-like" to me. That said, you knew it wouldn't be Jim (IMO) and Dwight already showed why he shouldn't be in charge...
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Postby Thirty-Fiver on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:09 am

Yea, I knew it wasn't going to be Jim or Dwight either, but I was holding out hope for Darryl. I really thought he would've been good in that role. I liked how they addressed his candidacy in the past episode. Darryl and Andy together is always good stuff. :thumbup:

I still like Andy but I feel like since the middle of last season he just hasn't been as funny as he was in S3-6. I can't tell if it's the writing or Ed's acting or what. Anyone else been thinking the same?
It's like doing peyote and sneezing slowly for six hours.
Thirty-Fiver
Emmy Nominee

Postby DharmaLager on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:05 pm

So who's enjoying this season? Who stopped?
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Return to The Office Discussion [No spoilers!]