[OFFICIAL] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Spoiler discussion for 'Dexter'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: [OFFICIAL] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Cheers bert, thou two months is too damn long :| Hopefully we will at least get the first episode early like normal :lol:

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby b3rt4 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Hehe, would be cool but I doubt it, the networks are more protective these days.

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Miss Ford on Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:20 am

I found this Julia Stiles interview, she talks a lil bit about her new role on Dexter... :thumbup:

Julia Stiles in `Dexter' mode

(...)She's starring in 10 episodes of Miami-set Dexter as Lumen, a ``mysterious young woman who forms a unique relationship'' with the cop-cum-serial killer played by Michael C. Hall. Season 5 returns to Showtime Sept. 26.
Alas, Julia won't be at the National Hotel Saturday for the DVD release party of Dexter: The Complete Fourth Season, but we're sure she'll raise a glass, anyway:

How did you get involved with Stoli?
They approached me about the campaign, and I was intrigued by the concept. We brainstormed over the phone about it more specifically, then settled on a script. It felt authentic to who I am, and my sense of humor.

What was it like having a drink with "yourself?''
That was probably one of the most confusing aspects of the shoot. I had to talk to a tennis ball and imagine what shooting the other side would be like before we even rehearsed it.

How do you drink your vodka?
With soda and lemon, or occasionally a dry martini. I can't stand it with too much else added. If the vodka is good quality, it doesn't need all that sweet stuff.

Favorite costar?
I've been lucky to work with a lot of talented actors, all of which I learn from in many ways.

How do you like working on "Dexter?''
I absolutely love it. The writing is very clever and there's nothing that wrings false to me. All of my scenes so far are with Michael C. Hall, and he always finds a way to make each scene totally authentic. I'm excited to go to work everyday.

Do you have a favorite role?
Right now, I'm totally absorbed in my role on Dexter. And I'm enjoying it immensely because it gets deeper and more surprising every week.

Read more

New promotional pic ! yay!

ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/dexter ... -clip.html

Sorry if the link has already been posted, but I felt like I needed to anyways....

Its amazing, and I'm so upset Dexter hasn't been leaked online anywhere....like normal :cursing:

Only 10ish days to go and it cannot come soon enough.
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby beresford on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Almost here... And I cannot stay away from spoilers anymore :PP I am so looking forward to this!
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Postby b3rt4 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:44 pm

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby beresford on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:44 am

I've watched them :P I normally stay away from spoilers, but it has been way too long since we've had some Dexter :PP
Come and participate in the Ultimate Lost Episode List Countdown! Guess the next ones and join the discussion! Now Back to Active!!

Damon Lindelof wrote:Killing off Juliet was was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever done in my career(...) the guilt of executing a character who is so clearly beloved by the audience

Heiots wrote:beresford is Juliet King! Just can't argue that fact.
beresford
Emmy Nominee

Amazing promo picture

Postby Joel Leo J on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Very shocking and powerful

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/dexter ... ional.html

-- Merged Double Post --

Latest from Kristin...
Terri in Washington, D.C: Am I right that Julia Stiles plays on Dex's girlfriend or Harrison's nanny on Dexter this season?
Two strikes! (1) Exec producer Sara Colleton told us most emphatically, "God no! No no no no no no. It's way too soon" for Dexter to be thinking of romance. (2) Dexter does hire a nanny—a virtual Mary Poppins who seems almost too good to be true. (We're keeping our eyes on that lovely Brit.) When an almost unrecognizable Julia Stiles does finally appear at the very end of the Oct. 10 episode, we realize why Colleton refers to her character as "damaged." So, so, so very damaged.

Jude in Overland Park, Kan.: Poor Deb has the worst luck in boyfriends on Dexter. Will her track record improve this season?
Signs point to yes! Who's Deb's (Jennifer Carpenter) lucky guy? Let's just say Batista (David Zayas) and LaGuerta (Lauren Velez) aren't Dexter's only interoffice romance this season. Hmmm....Could Masuka's (C.S. Lee) dreams finally be coming true? You'll have to watch to find out! Meanwhile, married couple Batista and LaGuerta could become separated—by prison bars!

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/latest ... z109dipHpN

What a lovely birthday prezzie for me, Julie Stiles first apearance on Dexter, she is a Howtttty!!! :wub: :thumbsup:

Like I said before, I think Dexter and Quinn are on this year :thumbup:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Laren Velez and David Zayas interviews

Postby Joel Leo J on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:11 pm

AKA Laguerta and Batista

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/dexter ... david.html

-- Merged Double Post --

Episode 5.07 - Circle Us - 11/07/2010
Episode 5.08 - Take It - 11/14/2010
Episode 5.09 - Teenage Wasteland - 11/21/2010
Episode 5.10 - In the Beginning - 11/28/2010

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/dexter ... z10GuvkKhQ
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Miss Ford on Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:04 am

I found this review for the first ep of the new season!!! :w00t: I cant believe season 5 is finally here :w00t: :w00t:

Dexter S05E01 Recap & Review: 'My Bad' (Spoilers)
by Jordan Yerman

Dexter S05E01 (My Bad) begins right where the Season 4 finale left off: Dexter is holding baby Harrison, who is covered in the blood of Rita, Dexter's wife, who was murdered by Arthur Mitchell, the Trinity Killer. The Dexter Season 5 premiere airs on Showtime on September 26.

Cops arrive on the scene, and Dexter finds himself saying, "I did it". This is strange, because, unlike 99.9999% of the murders on this series, Dexter did not commit this one. And so begins Dexter S05E01, which will frustrate and fascinate Dexter fans. Spoilers ahead, by the way.

Dexter vs Emotion
The core of the episode is Dexter's dealing with... emotion. The problem is, he (and we) are not sure exactly sure what he's feeling. Since Dexter is a psychopath, he's not prone to typical emotional responses. He never cries during the episode, though Quinn notices Dexter's neighbor turning on the waterworks.

Deb brings Dexter back to her apartment (which used to be his), shielding him from the FBI. When he says stuff like "I did it", his little sister gets a bit nervous, a bit protective.

Quinn is Suspicious of Dexter
The next morning, Quinn, Batista and Masuka are listening to Dexter's 911 call. Quinn thinks Dexter's tone is too clinical to be innocent; Batista defends his friend, saying that shock forced Dexter to default into his crime-scene habits.

Quinn hates Dexter, and, as did Doakes before him, just knows that there's something not quite right about the mild-mannered blood spatter analyst. Maybe because he's a serial killer. Just throwing that out there. Still, Quinn's motivation here seems hazy: why harass the one guy in the office who could definitely get you fired? Quinn knows that Dexter knows that Quinn is a somewhat-dirty cop, stealing cash from crime scenes.

Masuka, meanwhile, is freaking out: he caught Rita making out with the next-door neighbor and told Dexter about it. That seed of doubt in his friend: could he really be a killer? (Hint: yes, but not in this case)

Through it all, Dexter is nearly catatonic in his old apartment, until the phone rings. Oh, ****, it's Astor and Cody, Rita's kids! They're with their grandparents at Disney World. Dexter can't quite break the news over the phone. He wants them to have one more good day. As the series progresses we see more and more instances of Dexter acting toward the benefit of others, as opposed to pure selfishness/maintenance of normalcy. Was this the former or the latter?

Dexter Meets Six Feet Under
Dexter and Deb to visit a funeral director in a scene that morbidly plays on Michael C. Hall's former role as David Fisher in Six Feet Under. Dex marvels at the funeral director's ability to fake empathy.

Dexter remembers his first date with Rita: he chose the restaurant because he was staking out a victim. He ends up breaking off the date partway through, so he can grab the victim in the parking lot. He arranged the second date while dumping the body.

Dexter's entire relationship with Rita was predicated on a lie, which ultimately came back to hurt them all, though not in the way Dexter seemed to expect. Dexter feels... bad about it. Guilt? Remorse? Is he sad? Is he trying to pretend to be sad?

Deb & Quinn Hook Up: Grody to the Max

Deb cruises over to Rita's house, where the blood-bathroom is still a total mess. It looks like a murder scene, pretty much. Quinn meets her there, and they scrub the bathroom clean. Somehow neither of them gets any blood on their clothes. What the f*ck.

Anyway, after the domestic stuff is done, Deb breaks down and tries to kiss Quinn. At first he resists, but then remembers that he's Joey Quinn. Deb and Quinn have sex on Rita's kitchen floor. This scene would have completely failed if Jennifer Carpenter didn't sell it so well.

After doing the deed, Deb and Quinn pick out potential dresses from Rita's closet. For the funeral. When Deb leaves, Quinn goes to brace the next-door neighbor, who confesses snogging Rita. he also mentions that Dexter came by to kick his ass when he found out what happened. Jeez, that's one lucky next-door neighbor.

Kids, I Have Some Bad News
Meanwhile, the kids are back from Disney World with their grandparents! Look, they brought Dexter a Mickey-ears hat! While wearing the hat, Dexter breaks the news to the kids about what happened to Rita. The kids freak out, because, unlike most of the Dexter audience, they loved Rita. Astor, taking away the Mickey-ears hat, accuses Dexter of not caring. She's just being a bitchy tween, but she's kinda right, and Dexter knows it.

And, hey, cut Astor some slack- her mom was murdered in the bathtub, and she found out about it while wearing Mickey Mouse ears. How the hell would you react?

Quinn Has a Hunch
Quinn pops into Laguerta's office to gently remind her that, when the wife is found dead, 90% of the time the husband is the killer. Laguerta basically tells him to go screw himself.

Dexter is making moves to disappear, which is the smartest thing for him to do really: if you're a serial killer who may be the prime suspect in your wife's murder, would you stick around Miami to raise three kids on your own, or erase all traces of your life and get the hell out of Dodge? Dex is leaning towards Option B.

Dexter On the Run
Dex hits the water in his boat, the Slice of Life. When he stops for fuel, he conveniently runs into an irate white-trash dude who's generally being an *******. Dexter follows him into the men's room. By now, Dexter fans are on the edges of their seats: we're so twisted. The white-trash guy is all up in Dexter's face. Dexter beats him to death with a boating tool. When I said "conveniently", I meant for Dexter, not for the white-trash guy.

Dexter Not On the Run
Dexter is able to connect with some sort of human emotion (rage and sadness), and he turns back towards Miami

Dexter at Rita's Funeral
Dex shows up for his wife's funeral, and gives what surely must be the single most suspicious, sociopathic, eyebrow-raising eulogy in the history of human burial.

I thought it was a good episode, mainly because it was so circumspect about the emotional elements of Dexter's "grieving" process. He was powerless to exact revenge, because he's already killed the killer. He's facing an apocalyptic worst-case scenario, and the audience is led to root for his sticking around, rather than doing the smart thing and taking off. We also find ourselves cheering when he finally kills someone.

Still, some of it didn't work as well as perhaps it could have. I wasn't buying the grandparents for some reason. They seemed to be purposely left out of the narrative, probably to keep from complicating the dialogue (the episode has to come in at under an hour), but they were too silent. Rita's mom was pretty vocal about stuff like bedtime for the kids- when her daughter is found dead, and is told about it by the guy she doesn't trust, who is also not showing any signs of sadness, she doesn't have anything to say?

Dexter's running away and returning seemed a bit too pat, though, and seemed to take place too quickly: burning down his garage (what, nobody noticed?), sailing off, killing a guy, presumably dumping the body, coming back home, cleaning up, and attending the funeral? All in one day? Maybe having all that take place in Miami, so we could bring in the complications from his aborted escape attempt along with the basically-random victim.

All in all, it was the episode that needed to be made so that we can get on with the season, and, if episodes S05E02 and S05E03 are any indication, it's looking to be a great season. I'll say no more for now... if you're new to Dexter, check out the DVDs for earlier seasons. If you're a returning fan, don't miss the Season 5 premiere.

source
ImageImageImage
'Tell her I was born the night she found me,
and because of her, I went to my true death knowing
what it means to love. Tell her: Thank You.
'.
Miss Ford
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:26 am

New sneak peak

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/dexter ... sneak.html

Its slightly misleading, as the video looks like your getting a dexter/quinn showdown, but infact its just a still picture displayed at the end.

Anyways, its nearly upon us!!! Bring on the Morgans :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 pm

Big game changer vid......not long to go now!!!!!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/dexter ... video.html
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Interviews with Michael C hall and one of the producers.

A nice insight into how Dexter was meant to be portayed, worth a watch!!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/dexter ... chael.html

-- Merged Double Post --

2 sneak peaks found here.

http://dextergr.blogspot.com/2010/09/ep ... peeks.html
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:40 pm

OMG Jonah is asked by Quinn, if a picture of Dexter, is wait for it......................................................KYLE BUTLER!!!!!

Watch this for things to come this season on Dexter!!!!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/dexter ... video.html

Cant wait for season 5 to continue....... :blush: :D

-- Merged Double Post --

Where do you think they are going to go with the whole Quinn business? Is Dexter going to find out and stop him or will Quinn see the Dark passenger within??

Either way it looks amazing!!!!! Capital A :cool: :w00t:

-- Merged Double Post --

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/dexter ... promo.html

Another promo.

I have a feeling Dexter is going to say he was onto Arthur/trinity and had no proof so he went to find some, and made a mistake by befriending him, and ending up losing his wife.

Sounds like a great story either way.
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby b3rt4 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:53 am

DexterAlt wrote:Where do you think they are going to go with the whole Quinn business? Is Dexter going to find out and stop him or will Quinn see the Dark passenger within??

I doubt they're going to do the same they did with Doakes, would be really boring and predictable.
And at least in episode 9 he's still alive.

I've no idea actually where this season might be heading but my only hope is that Dexter's secret will finally be revealed and that Debra investigates a bit more in the of her brother.

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Dexter Spoilers