Postby Joel Leo J on Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [OFFICIAL] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Postby Joel Leo J on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Short sypnosis from episode 10.
While on the trail of Lumen's former attackers, Dexter stumbles onto a possible ally, but when the homicide unit finds evidence linked to one of Dexter and Lumen's earlier victims, they are forced to throttle back. Meanwhile, Debra fingers two more suspects in the Barrel Girls investigation.

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/dexter ... z1568CEsJI
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.

Latest from kristin

Kollej (Via Twitter): Dexter scoop please.
Deb is in deep doo-doo after last night's Santa Muerte club shootout, and she is reassigned to—gasp!—the file room. Luckily she catches a bit of a break when the new gig opens up a whole new world of evidence in the "Barrel Girl" case, as it becomes known. Unfortunately, this proves unlucky for Dexter and more importantly, Lumen.

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/latest ... z15696Rdf8
Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in.
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby JediChewy on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:58 am

Why is Quinn asking guys to identify Dexter? I missed that part.
May The Force Be With You!
JediChewy
Guest Star

Postby Joel Leo J on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Because Dexter used a fake I'd 'kyle butler' to get closer to trinity last season...

Another sneak peak

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/dexter ... sneak.html
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby b3rt4 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 pm

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Joel Leo J on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Any Dexter scoop? Will it get good again?
A little birdie told me they have another "doozy" planned for the end of the season—the kind that will have everyone talking, á la the bathtub. My source told me it's a good payoff and then I couldn't really hear anything above the buzzing in my ears. Be forewarned.

Dexter. Now. Please.
We know you're probably a little freaked after the end of last night's episode—ya know, because Peter Weller's corrupt cop Liddy saw Dex and Lumen dump a body! But fret not...yet...because Quinn is falling pretty hard for Deb and is going to make sure he takes care of her. And Dexter might just catch on to the fact that someone is on to him for a change.

Day: Is Julia Stiles' Dexter character only set to appear in one season, or is there a possibility of her sticking around in the future?
Sorry, but it's just too soon to reveal something that juicy. If we told you that, it may ruin the rest of the season...What we can say is that Julia Stiles is in every one of the season's remaining episodes and plays a pivotal part in Dexter's life up until the very end. So stay tuned for now, and as the season nears its end, the answer to your question will become a little clearer.

Is Dexter is signed for a season six?
Dexter boss Chip Johannesson tells us that "there's no official word," but with the end of season five upon us, expect an announcement from Showtime sometime soon. And if Dexter does receive a sixth season, as expected, Chip says the format of this season (á la no big bad) would likely change. "Season six would definitely not look like it did this year because the events are all different," the show runner explains.

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/latest ... z15TeWbu5n

-- Merged Double Post --

Someone said something interesting on Another forum...

Could harrisons nanny be, lyla's relative/mom?? I thought this a bit far fetched, but then I thought of the time Harrison kept saying 'die' maybe she was the one teaching him to say it??

something is up with her, what are your thoughts!??
:thumbup:

-- Merged Double Post --

The executive producer of Dexter has confirmed that the character of Astor Bennett will return to the show.

Sara Colleton told TV Guide that Astor (Christina Robinson) and a fellow runaway will return from Orlando in upcoming episode 'Teenage Wasteland'.

"Dexter is cast in this unfamiliar position of advising runaway teenage girls on their behaviour," she explained. "He ends up solving their problem in a very Dexter-like fashion that our audiences will find very satisfying."

Astor previously left the show earlier in the fifth season, following the murder of her mother Rita (Julie Benz).

Dexter continues on Sundays at 9pm on Showtime.

-- Merged Double Post --

The executive producer of Dexter has revealed that Quinn and Deb's relationship will be a major storyline this season.

Speaking to E! Online, Chip Johannessen explained that Quinn (Desmond Harrington) will be unsure whether to continue with his investigation into Dexter (Michael C Hall) because of the romance.

"This connection with Deb will grow to be significant for him, so he's got a lot of stuff to handle," he said. "[The relationship] is a major piece that we wanted to play this whole season and we do. Deb's situation with Quinn, which is just bobbing along at this point, intensifies in one way or the other. Or both."

Johannessen added that he would consider including a storyline in which Deb (Jennifer Carpenter) comes close to finding out about Dexter's secret life.

"She's gotten all these clues along the way about Dexter," he said. "She knows that Rudy was his brother and that he saw his mother being killed in front of him, and Harry took him in at that time. She just doesn't tie them together into anything. At all. And it makes you a little crazy. So one thing I want to do is an end run around all these facts and put her into a different path to that discovery."

However, he continued: "That seems like a huge piece that has something to do with how the entire series [may] end. So that's on the horizon a little bit now. Deb will enter Dexter's story in a surprising way. She makes some progress when you don't expect it, and in certain ways will come radically closer."

Dexter continues on Sundays at 9pm on Showtime.
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Julia Styles Interview.

You’ve just finished shooting the season finale, right? What was it like to say good-bye to this character?

It was bittersweet. It was nice to complete the thing, but it was sad to say good-bye to everybody. And the last couple of scenes were kind of harrowing.

Do you find those kinds of scenes draining?

I’m not sure if this makes me a masochist or something but I think, as draining as the emotionally and physically demanding scenes can be, they’re also very rewarding. There was one scene in particular where I was surprised by how difficult it was for me to shake the emotional stuff. Yet when a day or two goes by and I can step away from it, I have no regrets. It’s very exciting to know I can go to those places and be surprised by work.

Is there anything you can tell us about those disturbing scenes without giving the story away?

It’s in episode ten, a few episodes away from the finale. The implications of the scene in terms of what Dexter tells me is pretty shattering.

I love the scene, in an early episode, in which you and Dexter meet in the coffee shop and you’re pulling apart all the sugar packets. Where did that impulse come from?

We needed something to physically show how she’s dealing with all this. I thought about what she had experienced before we meet her, about how she would have gotten through all of that. I did a lot of reading about trauma victims, abduction victims, torture victims, and physically, in order to survive, they have to focus on something that helps them detach from their bodies. I needed something that she would keep to help her get through every day of her life after she escaped. The writers had written she was pouring the sugar in piles, and I just changed it to crumpling the paper.

You mentioned reading about trauma — did you do much research for this character?

I read about torture victims and people who were abducted and rape victims, but that all felt very intellectual to me. I needed something that would make me connect emotionally, so the most helpful thing was details, specific memories, or smells or sounds. I would elaborate on those in my imagination, almost like meditating, I would sit and imagine those horrible experiences and eventually your muscles connect to your brain and it settles in. In a certain way, characters become people and you don’t want to do a disservice to them. I wanted to be as dark as I could about what the reality of that experience would be. I felt like I had to do that to do justice to anybody who had an experience even close to that.

Did you have any misgivings about spending all that time in the head of someone really damaged?

No. The thing that really got me is that she wasn’t going to be a victim the whole time.

Lumen is an exception for Dexter: He has rules about how to handle people who are innocent and rules about how to handle people who are a threat to him, but Lumen is both. What do you think really bonds them?

That is so interesting that you say that. The true nature of their bond is something we deal with throughout the season, even up until the finale. What Dexter sees in her is the kind of rage and darkness that has been unleashed in her because of what she’s experienced. They’re connecting about how to channel that hateful, destructive energy.

Okay, bottom line: Why should we keep watching? What does Lumen have in store for us?

She will surprise you. That feral animal quality we saw when she is first introduced shows that she is not going to take things lying down.

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/dexter ... z15pU9F6Jc

Various shows

‘DEXTER’: ASTOR-NOMICAL PROBLEMS
@silviaPRT wants some Dexter scoop, and since we aim to please: Dexter’s step-children Astor and Cody have been MIA since episode 2, but pre-teen Astor makes her return in this week’s episode — though you likely won’t recognize her when she walks in looking like she’s working undercover in a vice case. Elsewhere, (in a bit of scoop for @Dansteele) LaGuerta and Batista continue to butt heads and this time it’s over a case she refuses to reopen after Deb discovers new evidence. On the Lumen front, if you’ve been sensing romantic vibes from the couple like @jillemader has, calm yourself! The real couple making major moves here is Deb and Quinn. Can you say love? Because one of them certainly can. Someone else who’s doing a lot of talking these days? The linguistically gifted baby Harrison, who says “Mama” for the first time. Guess who he says it to…

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/latest ... z15pUaKieC

Latest from Tv magazine

Life has been twisted, dark and miserable lately for Lumen Pierce (Julia Stiles), which makes her an absolutely perfect fit for Dexter this season. She's been raped, exploited and whipped so badly even Stiles felt the pain. As the actress known for her work in the Bourne movies says, "I forgot to take off my prosthetic slash marks one night and I suddenly went, 'Wait. What happened to me?'"

The bigger question is what's happening to Lumen? Ever since Dexter (Michael C. Hall) rescued her from that serial killer's creepy lockup, Lumen's been a bit of a Dexter wannabe. She wants to kill the people who've brutalized her, which in turn puts Dexter in the odd position of trying to stop murders. "Lumen walks that fine line that's so cool on this show, between doing the right thing and doing the right thing that's sorta the wrong thing," says Stiles, who adds she feels the thrall of the Dexter "community" after only a few guest appearances. "My friends who are crazy about the show are really crazy about the show," she laughs.

Here's what's really crazy: how much we've enjoyed watching Stiles play a pawn in a human-trafficking scheme. Which side wins? The actress isn't telling: "I think we'll see a dramatic ending."

Dexter airs Sundays at 9/8c on Showtime.

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/dexter ... z15pUwwKh8

Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:26 am

“Take It” took it to another level: Last week’s episode of Dexter was a highlight of the season. But with self-help guru Jordan Chase on Dexter’s mind, a highly motivated Lumen at his side, and Quinn’s boy Liddy hot on his trail, there is no time for you to savor — only time to brace for a new episode titled “Teenage Wasteland,” which airs on Sunday. What to expect from the killer thriller’s upcoming installment? Dexter executive producer Manny Coto drops four hints below. (As a bonus, we also come bearing two exclusive clips of “Teenage Wasteland.”)

Tease No. 1: “This episode marks a large step forward in how Dexter views Lumen because Deborah comes to the realization that there is someone else in Dexter’s life, and Dexter has to figure out a way how to explain who Lumen is and what she represents to him. At the same time, a remnant from the death of Rita comes back into Dexter’s life — namely, Astor — who’s never quite gotten over the death of her mom and still blames Dexter for it. In the course of this episode, Lumen inadvertently helps Dexter come to some kind of understanding with Astor.”

Tease No. 2: “Dexter is undertaking his vetting process with Jordan and that involves Dexter becoming a client. And as Jordan picks Dexter’s brain, Dexter starts to pick at clues that Jordan may or may not have left behind. In this episode, he gets a clue that will lead us into the next couple of episodes. But at the same time, Jordan discovers something that could be devastating.”

Tease No. 3: “Having been knocked back down to the file room because of the shoot-out at the club, Deborah finds evidence … that puts her on a collision course with Dexter.”

Tease No. 4: “Quinn is slowly beginning to realize that he’s unleashed a monster in Liddy, and that the person who he hired to get information on Dexter is very close to learning the truth about Dexter’s real life. And he’s not someone who Quinn will be able to rein back in. Liddy is going to follow this to the bitter end, whether Quinn likes it or not.”
Time to weigh in, folks. What horrific things will Dexter uncover about Jordan? When do you think Deborah will figure out the truth about her brother? Are you intrigued by the Lumen-Dexter relationship? Spill your thoughts below. (Be sure to visit EW.com tomorrow to read Ken Tucker’s interview with Peter Weller, a.k.a. Liddy, and Sandra Gonzalez’s break-down of all the action from “Teenage Wasteland” on Monday.)

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/dexter ... z15zQkhMQS

OMG after watching Teenage Wasteland and seeing the promo for next weeks episodes all I can say is wow wow wow!

Liddy sees Dexter and Lumen with all his kill tools teaching her how to kill

Deb comes to the realization that there is a Vigilante out there taking our Chases men, saying this to Dexter....

Damn after a slow beginning, dexter is on top form!!! Cant wait for next weeks episde!! :thumbup:

-- Merged Double Post --

a couple of sneak peaks here, until they turn up on here :thumbsup:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:37 pm

Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby brentoid on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:55 pm

it's gonna be so so damn good...

and however decided to cast jonny lee millar as jordan chase deserves a pat on the back....
You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't
owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to
put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission,
don't even start asking for theirs.
brentoid
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Another amazing promo for next weeks episode!!!

yes it was a touch of genuis casting Johnny lee millar he is amazing

I have a feeling Deb will discover Dex's secret this year.....I hope she does!! They have been teasing it for long enough.. :scared: :thumbup:
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby Joel Leo J on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:14 pm

3 x sneak peaks for episode 11 next week :thumbup:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/dexter ... promo.html

-- Merged Double Post --

Latest from kristin
Matt: Dexter, please! Please tell me Quinn will survive the season finale.
Oh my god, they're going to kill Quinn?! But she hasn't even kissed Puck yet this season!! Oh wait. Sorry, wrong show. You know there are no guarantees with Dexter (ahem, Rita, ahem), but mortal enemies Dexter and Quinn may actually find some common ground before the season's through. Some bloody, dangerous common ground. And if we say anything else, it'd spoil everything. But I can tell you that I'm talking to Desmond Harrington (Quinn) and possibly Jennifer Carpenter (Deb) tomorrow (hopefully), so if you have Q's, you know where to reach me. (Comments section, @kristindsantos, tvdiva@eonline.com)

Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Postby cloudsclear on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:31 am

Hey everyone, new here n' all. Caught up with Dex now so I can actually participate in discussions.

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but has anyone else noticed that Deb seems to be expressing more sympathy with Dex's point of view?

First she admits to Quinn that she enjoyed shooting that dude in the club. Then there was that heart to heart with Dexter along similar lines. She also said when she was trying to imagine who would want to kill the members of Chase's club, it'd be someone like her. Even in the promo for 'Hop A Freighter' she seems to react almost smugly to Masuka's discussion of there being a vigilante.

I wonder if she finds out and, rather than busting his butt as we expect, sides with him. It's a bit of a wacky theory, I know, but I just find it suspicious they've inserted all those scenes...
cloudsclear
Viewer

Postby Minnie on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:21 pm

If anyone coulf open this http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_w ... quinn.html, please post it here
Minnie
Viewer

Postby b3rt4 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:56 pm

Minnie wrote:If anyone coulf open this http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_w ... quinn.html, please post it here

People of the world, here's something to make you feel good: Dexter's Debra Morgan has way worse luck in relationships than you. No, really...unless you've dated a serial killer, a man who slowly died in front of you and a guy who is "definitely in trouble" thanks to your psychopathic brother.

We just chatted up Deb's latest conquest, Dexter's Desmond Harrington, for scoop on the final two episodes of the Showtime hit, and be forewarned: we are deeply concerned about what's coming up for Quinn...

"Quinn is in trouble," Desmond tells us. "I think in this Sunday's episode you see a drop of blood hit my foot, and I'm definitely in trouble in [the season finale]."

That doesn't sound good at all, does it?

We've seen this Sunday's episode and can tell you the blood is most definitely hitting the fan—and we're not sure how Quinn's going to get out of it.

Desmond can't comment whether he'll be a part of the rumored (our sources confirm it's happening) sixth season of Dexter, but he will say he's pretty sure there won't be a cliffhanger for Quinn.

He's also loving being in love with Deb (Jennifer Carpenter) this season. "It's real. I think maybe early on in the year he was in this to get information on Dexter [but] that's definitely not the case now. He is actually in love with her...He definitely has softened up a lot. I honestly like that he's a little softer and basically he's fallen in love with this girl."

Quinn also seems alarmingly close to figuring out Dexter's big secret—that he is the "vigilante" murderer Deb is hunting. And that can't end in a good place...or can it? "In terms of accepting what Dexter does," Desmond says, "honestly I don't think [Quinn] would have a problem with this idea of justice being served the way that Dexter does it…Quinn more or less has a code of his own. I feel like he is very much a cop that would go to bat for other cops. And not necessarily in the best means."

And if you like your Desmond a little darker, good news: Gossip Girl producers have asked him to reprise his role as Jack Bass around February. Bring on the Basshole! Then, Dexter producers, you best bring him back to your awesome little Showtime show for season six. Poor Deb can't take any more heartache, and neither can we.

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Dexter Spoilers