The future of dexter?

Spoiler discussion for 'Dexter'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

The future of dexter?

Postby drackodelmal on Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:58 am

Hi gang just finished book 2 of the series "Dexter in the dark", and there are a couple of story lines that might appear in the future. Which one do you think is most promising or do you believe that the show has gotten a life of its own?

Ok Darkly Dreamy Dexter feature basically the same story line as Dexter season 1 which mainly was the ice truck killer arch. the main differences are:

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
La Guerta Died
Debra discovered that dexter was also a killer
The book leads us to that Dexter himself might be the one committing the murders
Rudy was introduced, and dated Debra even though in the book he was not.

Book 2 Dearly Devoted Dexter I have not read, (unable to find it on Mexico, and last time was sold out on Mcallen's Target) but it maily goes from:

Doakes following Dexter begins in this book
Doakes is tortured and dismembered by Dr. Danco (This Book Serial Killer); Whiles the Tv Series has him blown up by Lila
Doakes Hunt for dexter begins on this book.
The First mention of a Dark Passenger on Cody
And Debra's Boyfriend (who got sliced by Dr. Danco)

Third Book Dexter in the dark is the most bizarre for me

For in this book Dexter looses his dark passenger
Dexter trying to find what the dark passenger is
his weding with rita,
the Dark passanger of both cody and astor
the return of Doakes and Debra's boyfriend.

Also and this is big spoilers on book 3
The relation with Moloch or Molok from his dark passenger [a B*s*a*rd child] Also the Dark Passenger apparently was afraid of Molok and runned away when he felt him. Cody is able to recognize "shadows" on other monsters. A tornado hits Miami. And Dexter when lacking the dark passenger for the first time feels
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The future of dexter?

Postby sunloc87 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:08 am

only read Darkly Dreamy Dexter I'm going too after i read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass I'm half way throw the first book, Just read Valis and its sequeThe Divine Invasion by Philip K. Dick very good.
sunloc87
Stunt Double

Postby drackodelmal on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:37 am

sunloc87 wrote:only read Darkly Dreamy Dexter I'm going too after i read Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass I'm half way throw the first book, Just read Valis and its sequeThe Divine Invasion by Philip K. Dick very good.

hope you didnt read the spoilers this books are actually quite good in narrative that is one and 2 but 3 is a must read to understand better, im trying to get two... damn Mexico
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Postby sunloc87 on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:43 am

this there going to be a forth book? I don't read spoilers the first book and show a way diff I'm going to read book 2 in about two weeks i think, just started Through the Looking-Glass.
sunloc87
Stunt Double

Postby drackodelmal on Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:02 am

sunloc87 wrote:this there going to be a forth book? I don't read spoilers the first book and show a way diff I'm going to read book 2 in about two weeks i think, just started Through the Looking-Glass.

Yes the 4h book on the series has been announced the titled has been released as Dexter by Design... I was reading dexter in the dark, found some info about it, as soon as its out ill read it
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Postby paulssandy on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:20 pm

I did not even know there were books! Is Mexico the only place to get them?
Sandy O
paulssandy
Viewer

Postby drackodelmal on Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:19 am

paulssandy wrote:I did not even know there were books! Is Mexico the only place to get them?
Sandy O

Actually paulssandy US is the only place ive seen them. In Target close to the electronics.... let me get you the isbn

All books by Jeff Lindsay:

Darkly dreaming dexter
# ISBN-10: 0307277887
# ISBN-13: 978-0307277886

Dearly Devoted Dexter
# ISBN-10: 1400095921
# ISBN-13: 978-1400095926

Dexter in the Dark: A Novel
# ISBN-10: 0385518331
# ISBN-13: 978-0385518338
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Postby drackodelmal on Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:57 am

Paulsandy the new book of Jeff Lindsey: "Dexter by Design"

Wikipedia wrote:Online retailer Amazon.co.uk currently lists the book for release in the UK (ISBN 0-75-288517-0) for 5 February 2009. Target.com currently shows a US release date of August 4, 2009.

haven't been able to see any directyion this book might take, cant wait to get it though... :w00t:
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Postby plugz15 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:15 pm

i think that debs going to find out that dex is a killer ion the next season. fisrt by finding out brian was laura kid then connecting dex to his real mom and bro and then follow him when he goes for a kill.
plugz15
Viewer

Postby Marianna on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:20 pm

I'm wondering what could happen if Rita knew the truth about Dexter. :S :O
Saving people, hunting things... The family business.
Marianna
Viewer

Postby greysoffice on Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:34 pm

hey guys! new to the thread! but i definitely think that next season will involve Deb slowly finding out about Dexter's mom. and that will probably lead to her finding out Rudy was his brother. Personally, I been waiting for this storyline for the past 2 seasons so I'm really excited for it!
greysoffice
Viewer

Postby Sgrmac on Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:12 pm

The forth book takes place in Paris. Dexter and Rita are on their honeymoon. The forth book also introduces Lila..strange...
Sgrmac
Viewer

Postby OldDarth on Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:31 pm

In Dexter's case the show is definitely superior to the books. I read the first two books and that was enough for me. Based on the reviews I heard for the third one, sounds like I made the right choice.
OldDarth
Viewer

Postby drackodelmal on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:55 am

Before I start, this is going to be along post and its all my opinion....

plugz15 wrote:i think that debs going to find out that dex is a killer ion the next season. fisrt by finding out brian was laura kid then connecting dex to his real mom and bro and then follow him when he goes for a kill.

I still have my doubts about this, I don't think that that is te way teh producers are trying to go... Still if she sees that she had 2 kids and finds that the firtst one tried to kill her, might stop her or motivate her... give it a 50-50 going stronger to no way.

Marianna wrote:I'm wondering what could happen if Rita knew the truth about Dexter. :S :O

I believe rita is the least likley to know, she will believe that he is on drugs again, before she realizes bout dexter's passanger...

Sgrmac wrote:The forth book takes place in Paris. Dexter and Rita are on their honeymoon. The forth book also introduces Lila..strange...

Thanks for the info i would like to know though where did you got this....

OldDarth wrote:In Dexter's case the show is definitely superior to the books. I read the first two books and that was enough for me. Based on the reviews I heard for the third one, sounds like I made the right choice.

yeah, books one and two where ok, still reading all of them perhaps for... I like reading? hehehe
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Postby dddh on Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:32 am

i hope for a better season finale next year.
dddh
Viewer

Next

Return to Dexter Spoilers