The future of dexter?

Spoiler discussion for 'Dexter'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: The future of dexter?

Postby drackodelmal on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:12 am

that makes two of us... still it was interesting cause it did mirrored something on the books [specifically Dexter in Design]. though it was the only good thing in the book.
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby curtisgifford on Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:34 pm

Nice thread! Read the books! You will enjoy the show more if you do.
curtisgifford
Viewer

Postby AcidTWister on Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:37 pm

I didn't mind the season finale afterhearing why they did it the way they did. The next to last episode was considered the "finale" to the producers, where the last episode was used to push the story into season 4.

It also seems, to me, anyway, they filmed it the way they did in case Season 4 didn't happen. Dexter didn't get picked up for another season until filming/writing was done for Season 3. The season finale to season 3 would've made a decent end to the series, if they didn't manage to get a new contract in my opinion.
AcidTWister
Viewer

Postby annamarie on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:30 pm

To the person who suggested reading the books - thanks - I haven't read the books but love the show - new to this Dexter board - am a Lost fan and originally joined for Lost, but happy to see a Dexter section
annamarie
Viewer

Postby drackodelmal on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:35 am

annamarie wrote:To the person who suggested reading the books - thanks - I haven't read the books but love the show - new to this Dexter board - am a Lost fan and originally joined for Lost, but happy to see a Dexter section

I dunno if you mean hear or in real life, the first 2 books are awesome... i read the other cause i love to follow through and probably will read the forth...

hapopy to see all fans in here too
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Postby kroxburgh on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:19 pm

I agree, i dont think the past season finale was all that surprising. We knew early on that dexter would have to take out Miguel. For me the ending was lame. Dexter goes and talked to Ramon and all of a sudden everything is ok and he is no longer suspicious of Dexter. I love the show but i really hope they come up with something good next year.
kroxburgh
Viewer

Postby cjussely on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:29 am

I love me some Dexter, but none of my friends really watch, so I was really pleased to see these boards!!
cjussely
Viewer

Postby MrsAdamLambert on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:41 am

I understand why some people didn't like the season 4 finale really I do, I mean for starters it's sad to see Rita go but it really is just a bold move. The kind that most shows are afraid to make, almost like an unofficial restart without actually restarting. The avenues it opens up are fantastic from a creative perspective especially for a long running established tv drama. They're not just letting the show sit around and be as it always has been, they're opening up the series to new things and this was the most original move I think they've made since the concept of the show was proposed.

Dexte and Rita is a complex not easily understood even at times confusing relationship and over the course of the last two seasons she went from being hism damaged girl friend to his wife and the mother of his son. Then he lost her which would be a cold smack in the face for anyone, even a somewhat cold blooded introverted serial killer. Not only that but he is very responsible for her death not just because he let Trinity live earlier in the season but had Rita not been with Dexter, had he not been a serial killer himself she never would have been in Trinity's path. No matter how you slice it Dexter is at least partly responsible.

Then there's Harrison. Born in blood, both of them but the only reason Harrison was baptised in blood just like his daddy (a thought that had occurred to both the fans and Dexter since we first found out Rita was with child) is again because of Dexter's and his life. Had Dex not engaged with Trinity or been more cautious and distant from him it's very unlikely Trinity would have ever even looked for Dex's family. But he did and now Harrison is left without a mother, poised in some ways to become exactly what Dex became, and the only parent he has left is Dexter. Fate sealed much? Then there's Aster and Cody, he sort of robbed them of both their parents. Paul was necessary and important, he did them a favor on that one but now Rita too? They're only parent now is Dexter as well. Granted he's always been a fabulous father but single parenthood is not the same situation. He got good experience with his balancing act and living a life with a family in season 4 but this is going to immeasureably harder.

Like I said big creative leap, the kind that a lot of fans tend to resist but amazing.
Ashley
MrsAdamLambert
Extra

Postby mace15 on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:33 am

I haven't read the books. I didn't know Dexter has one. But I'm still on Part 2 of Season 1. Teehee!
mace15
Viewer

Postby Mister_Kelly on Tue May 31, 2011 7:01 pm

I doubt the Moloch storyline will go through, because that seems a bit too sci-fi for Dexter. Its such a great storyline though... And I think everyone should give it a read to understand the dark passenger even more.

But then again, after the end of the first book, the TV and books are their own entities... And storylines in either will most likely not play out in eachother from here on out.
Mister_Kelly
Show Expert

Postby Lord Brad III on Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:04 pm

Yeah it certainly looks like they branch off from one another after book 1. Geez, all those things happened in the first book? Think how different the TV series would be if it were totally faithful to the books! lol
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Previous

Return to Dexter Spoilers