I think they used that cause the killer this season is some kind of priest iirc

zomgwtf spoilers!!!!!!11111111111oneoneoneone :bored:
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Re: A message from Dexter...

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:27 pm

b3rt4 wrote:It's just a teaser :P
I think they used that cause the killer this season is some kind of priest iirc

I am in the middle of season 4, which is really great :thumbup: ...I liked them all so far, but I am weary of all the season 5 negativity, but I am sure I will see what everyone means when I get there. :S

There have been so many times on the show (especially in season 2) where Dexter is on the verge of asking himself about his own beliefs in terms of a higher purpose outside Harry's code. And so many times where lies to himself in order to figure out what the heck he is going to do... The problem is the show obviously deals with ethics and/or morality, but Dexter never fully compared himself to some of the most greatest people in history that often times historically do things in the name of their beliefs (aka Theology, Religion, Philosophy)...and I use the word "greatest" in all capacity of sense of truth, justice, horror, passion, and accomplishments...

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
That History was bold, because the only few spoilers I know about the new season is the up coming role/casting of the former Admiral of the Battlestar Galactica...

So I don't know if this all means Dexter will start comparing himself to Sinners and Saints alike, but the season could offer a dark look at what is a sinner and what is saint (how not black and white is)...and how humanity can talk themselves into any belief just to survive....and how maybe there isn't always a clear answer, or maybe just how answers can come to us?! I look forward to when the show is over, which I hope isn't anytime soon, just to see what the bottom line is going to be, but so far it seems to be that we can only realize any sense of truth through our experiences and that those truths may end up in some ways being different for all of us, but lingering question is can we change? Do we want to? Or does change just happen? Can we ever become good people after going through horrific things?

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Previous

Return to Dexter Spoilers