Dexter

Spoiler discussion for 'Dexter'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Dexter

Postby Priest on Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:09 am

In the past 2 weeks, i have watched both seasons of dexter for the first time, and i must say that it was a really well done show. Perfect balance of humor and seriousness.

Anyone else watch it??
ImageImageImageImageImage
Priest
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Dexter

Postby JamesW on Mon May 12, 2008 9:36 pm

I watched one or two episodes in the Easter holidays, it was good, but it seemed a bit odd.
The trailers in the UK for it made it look really dark and creepy, so I was wary of it.
JamesW
Stunt Double

Postby paulssandy on Mon May 12, 2008 9:43 pm

I find that lots of show do not live up to the expectation set forth by previews. The basic premis of Dexter is a bit creepy, but the show is done in a manner that is really not. The story of his personal struggles, his growing relationship with his girlfriend and her kids, his relationship with his sister among other aspects of the show really make it GREAT. There is a thread in the ohter section for this show. The only thing I am not fond of is the amount of nudity, but the story line is so compelling, I just fastfoward through those parts. Sandy O
paulssandy
Viewer

Postby Adril-22 on Tue May 13, 2008 12:16 am

I've seen all of Season 1....

Yet to see Season 2 though, I will do that during the Summer.
"I can say I hope it will be worth what I give up."
Adril-22
Stunt Double

Postby AmberSumiko on Tue May 13, 2008 1:23 am

Both seasons are incredible. I think the second season was better than the first, b/c you got to see some of the consequences Dexter has to deal with (not just the killings). There was also so much character development for all characters! It's is one of the best written tv shows right now!

But.. I wouldn't recommend people watching the watered down version that they're now playing on cable. Stick with the original airings, or watch it on the internet.

JamesW, there are times when it is dark and creepy for sure, but it's really not about the killings. There's so much more going on in the show, and I found it to be more really dark humour than disturbing . The second season is lighter than the first in my opinion. You should give it another chance :)
AmberSumiko
Stunt Double

Postby drackodelmal on Tue May 13, 2008 1:37 am

I love Dexter really great series i watch all episode in aperiod of 3 days.... yes im sick but i read the books before andi loved the pilot.... guess im kind of a tv geek
drackodelmal
Emmy Nominee

Postby Kate on Wed May 14, 2008 8:42 am

Dexter fan here, I'm so in love with this show that I've also bought the books of Jeff Lindsay!
Kate
Viewer

Postby El Diablo on Thu May 15, 2008 8:44 pm

I saw the trailer a while back on Sky and was instantly intrigued....picturing as a dark, serial killer show. I downloaded the first few eps and was totally surprised to find it was not entirely like that at all. And what I already deemed as looking good was phenomenal. I have been hooked on the show since and flew through the first and second series and am now eagerly awaiting the third.

I think the first was slightly better in terms of on-going story with the the ice-truck killer etc....And I loved Dexter's relationships/interactions with people, especially Batista, more. But the second season was good, except for Lilah who was just annoying and no way as good as a villian for the series as ICK.
El Diablo
Stunt Double

Postby Sandiwich11 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:23 pm

I really liked the Lilah story, we as an audience knew she didn't fit into his world as well as he thought she did, and I loved the mind games he was introduced to through her.
My fav 'kill' had to be the giant guy, he was sooo scary when he escaped first time round, I really thought Dexter was in trouble.

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Joel Leo J on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:41 am

Loved every episode. Its not that dark I dont think. There is humour, its done in a way where it doesn't seem so heavy.
Joel Leo J
Show Expert

Return to Dexter Spoilers