[OFFICIAL] Torchwood Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Spoiler discussion for 'Doctor Who / Torchwood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Torchwood Series 4 Details

Postby Dreyesbo on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Iceman815 wrote:
lost wrote:
It's not going to be Lost and take 20 years to find out what's going on. It's going to have a most remarkable conclusion after ten episodes."

This is the best news in the history of news. Anything not like Lost can only end well :P

Also RTD said that there will be 2 new main cast members, so it looks like it will be a core 4.

Remember how FlashForward was "not like Lost"? :PP

Anyways, yeah, after CoE, they can't go back to where they were before.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [TW] The Future of Torchwood

Postby theotherslover on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 pm

4 core is a good number.
When they say not like Lost, I assume that means it's going to be a season arc instead of a series arc.
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby CaptainJack on Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:27 am

theotherslover wrote:When they say not like Lost, I assume that means it's going to be a season arc instead of a series arc.

I think that's right. They could bring back Gray though...his cryogenically frozen body disappearing could be a good reason for Jack's return to the Hub.
CaptainJack
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:36 pm

CaptainJack wrote:
theotherslover wrote:When they say not like Lost, I assume that means it's going to be a season arc instead of a series arc.

I think that's right. They could bring back Gray though...his cryogenically frozen body disappearing could be a good reason for Jack's return to the Hub.

I think it would be great for Alice to the "big bad" of season 4. She has enough motivation to be, and it would be personal for Jack.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby CaptainJack on Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Iceman815 wrote:I think it would be great for Alice to the "big bad" of season 4. She has enough motivation to be, and it would be personal for Jack.

Yes! Very nice idea - it would work really well. She must HATE Jack! There has to be something very personal for Jack in S4 to engage with. Only folk that really mean something to Jack (that are still alive) are Gwen, Alice and Gray. Gray's already been the bag guy, Gwen's not going to happen (it'd be lame), so yes, Alice would be an interesting twist.

-- Merged Double Post --

Do you think we'll get to find out about Torchwood 2 (Glasgow) and Tochwood 4 (missing)? I think the latter certainly has great potential to show up in S4. Perhaps it'll be a US division? After all Torchwood 5 is in India (revealed in the radio play 'Golden Age'). Jack needs a bit of competition.
CaptainJack
Show Expert

Postby theotherslover on Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:07 am

I like that idea of Torchwood 4 being involved. It could be a good place to start with the new hub and everything.
Alice as the new bad could be interesting. I don't know if she has it in her considering the circumstances. Get back at Jack maybe, but innocents?

Wouldn't Gray's body be destroyed along with everything in the hub?

OT: LOVE THE SIG CaptainJack
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:26 am

theotherslover wrote:Get back at Jack maybe, but innocents?

Her son was innocent ;)

She would want to take anyone and anything that matters away from Jack. It works almost too well not to be used.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby theotherslover on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:55 am

Iceman815 wrote:
theotherslover wrote:Get back at Jack maybe, but innocents?

Her son was innocent ;)

Touche
She would want to take anyone and anything that matters away from Jack. It works almost too well not to be used

If only we could write the show Icey ;)
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:59 am

theotherslover wrote:If only we could write the show Icey ;)

Most of the people I know wouldn't like that as I would put Mickey and Martha in every scene :P and Gwen/Martha nudity :PP

But think about it: Alice knows Jack can't die. So trying to kill him would be pointless. The only way to hurt Jack is to take away the people he cares about.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby theotherslover on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:08 am

Yeah but who is really left for Jack besides Gwen? Owen, Tosh and Ianto are all gone. The doctor is basically off limits. Who is there left to hurt?

Mickey isn't even in Torchwood!
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:11 am

theotherslover wrote:Yeah but who is really left for Jack besides Gwen? Owen, Tosh and Ianto are all gone. The doctor is basically off limits. Who is there left to hurt?

Mickey isn't even in Torchwood!

First of all: It could be any of the new people he grows attached to. It could be people close to Gwen (IE Gwen's kid) and that would make Gwen take it out on Jack.

Secondly, no Mickey has never been in Torchwood but he is married to Martha, and he was supposed to be in CoE but due to conflicting issues, he couldn't. I doubt he or Martha will be in the new season, it's just wishful thinking on a fanboy's part ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby theotherslover on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:25 am

Though that example would work I don't know through Alice if she would do that. Having another mother lose her child I think would dominate over her hatred. She seemed too concerned with that issue to be able to go through that.

How much do you think they are going to reference to the other seasons? With the change to Starz, that could be difficult. It would be nice if they could air the past seasons before. That way they could just continue seamlessly.
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:30 am

theotherslover wrote:How much do you think they are going to reference to the other seasons? With the change to Starz, that could be difficult. It would be nice if they could air the past seasons before. That way they could just continue seamlessly.

It's on BBC 1 still too.

And Russell T Davies has emphasized that it is a continuation not a reboot or a remake.

Now, The Doctor was a heavy influence in past seasons (Season 1 Jack kept talking about finding him, then we hear the TARDIS at the end, season 2 had Martha and references to the season 3 finale, and season 3 had Gwen's speech about the Doctor.) but it will probably toned down for season 4, even though I doubt it will be written out completely. RTD likes to cater to fanboys/girls even if the plot suffers because of it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby theotherslover on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:53 am

Keeping with Doctor Who is important as it is a spinoff show. It is mostly the same fans, and that may even get some more Who fans. I do enjoy the remarks connecting the two shows, even when they talk about an earlier episode. It keeps continuity which when there are issues in that department, it drives me insane.
ImageImage
theotherslover
Show Expert

Postby Iceman on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:55 am

The shows probably won't be as intertwined anymore, but it'll still be occupying the same universe, and maybe be referenced to now and then.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who / Torchwood Spoilers