Series 5 Companion Suggestions

Spoiler discussion for 'Doctor Who / Torchwood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Series 5 Companion Suggestions

Postby The Strog on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:10 pm

Who do you think should play the companion in Series 5?

Do you think that somone older than MS would work?

Or should they go with someone around his own age.

I know that Hannah Murray has been rumored:

http://www.airlockalpha.com/news426142.html

I've never watched Skins, so I don't know how good she'd be. I know there are some fans here on STV, though.

Who are your suggestions?
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
RETURNING THIS SUMMER ON USA NETWORK
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Series 5 Companion Suggestions

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:01 pm

I'm kinda hoping that with Moffat taking over he will go back to the kind of companions we had back in the original series. All the Doctor's long term friends, bar Captain Jack I think, have been human so far, yet in back in the day most were alien. I've not heard of Hannah Murray so I don't really know how she will fit in, tbh she reminds me of Rose from that pic of her. Seeing as the new Doctor is so young I think it's likely to be someone around her age, I don't think that they can give him a more mature companion at this stage.

I have been hearing whispers for years about people wanting Adric back on the show, that would be my ultimate dream. He's already returned to do commentaries for some of the DVD's that have been released since the reboot, the main problem is that he is one of the few companions that was actually killed in the show :( A new role might work out for him, but I guess he would be more likely used as an baddie as opposed to a good guy on the show if that was to happen.

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby The Strog on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:47 pm

sandi wrote:I'm kinda hoping that with Moffat taking over he will go back to the kind of companions we had back in the original series. All the Doctor's long term friends, bar Captain Jack I think, have been human so far, yet in back in the day most were alien. I've not heard of Hannah Murray so I don't really know how she will fit in, tbh she reminds me of Rose from that pic of her. Seeing as the new Doctor is so young I think it's likely to be someone around her age, I don't think that they can give him a more mature companion at this stage.

Here's a clip of her in Skins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5osWUAcvlo

I've never seen the show, but based on that clip it appears as if she played an anorexic girl. She seems like a great actress. And most of the people I've seen talk about it have been reacting positively.

I have been hearing whispers for years about people wanting Adric back on the show, that would be my ultimate dream. He's already returned to do commentaries for some of the DVD's that have been released since the reboot, the main problem is that he is one of the few companions that was actually killed in the show :( A new role might work out for him, but I guess he would be more likely used as an baddie as opposed to a good guy on the show if that was to happen.

I never thought Adric was that great, to be honest.
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:44 pm

The Strog wrote:
sandi wrote:I'm kinda hoping that with Moffat taking over he will go back to the kind of companions we had back in the original series. All the Doctor's long term friends, bar Captain Jack I think, have been human so far, yet in back in the day most were alien. I've not heard of Hannah Murray so I don't really know how she will fit in, tbh she reminds me of Rose from that pic of her. Seeing as the new Doctor is so young I think it's likely to be someone around her age, I don't think that they can give him a more mature companion at this stage.

Here's a clip of her in Skins:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5osWUAcvlo

I've never seen the show, but based on that clip it appears as if she played an anorexic girl. She seems like a great actress. And most of the people I've seen talk about it have been reacting positively.

Link doesn't work in the UK :( Have found a few other clips on youtube thou and I agree that she seems to be a good little actress

I never thought Adric was that great, to be honest.

That's because you weren't a teenage lass who had big crushes on math geeks ;)

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sat May 02, 2009 3:34 pm

Just found this on twitter, looks like all bets are off on Hannah Murray then :(

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Mellow on Sat May 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Oh Damn it. :( Hannah Murray would have been an AWESOME actress for the show. Damn it. :( She's super cute and a AWESOME actress. she got a couple of awards for cassie. :D Oh My...:( I'm sad now.
♥Mellowsplints♥
Shows I watch: Lost, Six Feet Under, Skins, Glee, V, Scrubs, Misfits, True Blood, The OC, New Girl, Happy Endings, Fresh Meat Gossip Girl, Life Unexpected, The Tribe, Once Upon A Time, Freaks & Geeks,
My So Called Life, Girlfriends, Desperate Housewives, Being Human, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars
Mellow
Show Expert

Postby Sandiwich11 on Sat May 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Mellow wrote:Oh Damn it. :( Hannah Murray would have been an AWESOME actress for the show. Damn it. :( She's super cute and a AWESOME actress. she got a couple of awards for cassie. :D Oh My...:( I'm sad now.

I don't even know the actress very well but I'm a little upset too, she looks like she would have been a great choice :(

I have also seen a few rumours about Carey Mulligan possibley returning as Sally Sparrow, I think that she would make a good companion too, loved her in Blink :D

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri May 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Cheers to Rosie, she found this article a little while ago that seems to confirm the new companion.

Little-known actress Karen Gillan has been unveiled as the next assistant in Doctor Who.

The 21-year-old will star alongside new Time Lord Matt Smith in the new series, to be broadcast next year.
Gillan has already appeared in the drama, having played a Soothsayer in The Fires Of Pompeii in the last run.

"I am absolutely over the moon at being chosen to play the Doctor's new companion. - I just can't wait to get started," she said.

"The show is such a massive phenomenon that I can't quite believe I am going to be a part of it. "Matt Smith is an incredible actor and it is going to be so much fun to act alongside him," she added.

Head of Drama, BBC Wales, Piers Wenger said she brings "energy and excitement" to the role. "When she auditioned alongside Matt we knew we had something special," he said.

Writer and executive producer Steven Moffat said they saw some "amazing actresses" but Gillan "walked through the door the game was up". He described her as "funny, and clever, and gorgeous, and sexy. Or Scottish, which is the quick way of saying it".

"A generation of little girls will want to be her. And a generation of little boys will want them to be her too," he added.

Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby The Strog on Fri May 29, 2009 10:30 pm

"A generation of little girls will want to be her. And a generation of little boys will want them to be her too," he added.

:lol:

She seems like she'll be great. I can already see the titles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgDvHk_dMEk

She was awesome in Fires of Pompeii last year, as well. So she's a good actress.

Tune in for PSYCH
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Postby dukey on Sat May 30, 2009 8:05 am

Sounds really nice. And she looks very great. Hope she can beat Billie Piper. ;)
٩(-̮̮̃ -̃)۶ ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
dukey
Viewer

Postby b3rt4 on Sat May 30, 2009 11:25 am

dukey wrote:Hope she can beat Billie Piper. ;)

:scared: NO WAY! ¬¬

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby CJ Sonic on Sat May 30, 2009 11:43 am

i think she looks hot. i cant wait. i'm a big fan of moffatt and trust his choices

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator

Postby Joshua on Sat May 30, 2009 12:42 pm

I trust Moffat too, but I don't like the looks of either of them.

Oh well, I hated DT when he appeared at the end of S1, Im sure Ill come to like em
Joshua
Forum Moderator

Postby Joshjb on Sat May 30, 2009 2:49 pm

Damn, I was hoping it would be Hannah Murray. She is too talented to NOT be on television. :(
ImageImage
Joshjb
Former Staff Member

Postby Fivebretz on Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:45 am

Fearne Cotton for Dr Who assistant

:cry:
Fivebretz
Emmy Nominee

Next

Return to Doctor Who / Torchwood Spoilers