[DW] Series 5 Guest Star

Spoiler discussion for 'Doctor Who / Torchwood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

[DW] Series 5 Guest Star

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Thanks to b3rt4 for the heads up ;)

Gillian Anderson could be joining the show to play a possible reoccuring enemy in Series 5 - http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/04/doctor-who-gillian-anderson-to-guest.html

Here's what wiki has to say about The Rani for those that haven't seen the old series:

The Rani is a renegade Time Lord, an evil scientific genius whose villainy comes not from the usual variety of lust for power and suchlike, but from a mindset that treats everything (including morality) as secondary to her research; she has been known to enslave entire planets such as Miasimia Goria in order to have a ready supply of experimental subjects and a place to carry out her experiments uninterrupted. Her major interest is in tinkering with other species' biochemistry

Could she have been the hand that picked up the Masters Ring at the end of Last of the Timelords :O

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: [DW] Series 5 Guest Star

Postby b3rt4 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:24 pm

sandi wrote:Could she have been the hand that picked up the Masters Ring at the end of Last of the Timelords :O

:scared: :w00t: Great idea, Sandi! :thumbsup:

Btw. here is a nother article on that.

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Postby Sandiwich11 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:40 pm

b3rt4 wrote:
sandi wrote:Could she have been the hand that picked up the Masters Ring at the end of Last of the Timelords :O

:scared: :w00t: Great idea, Sandi! :thumbsup:

I think it's a good possiblity, who else would be following both the Doctor and the Master? And with her twisted experiments she probably has some way of bringing the Master back :D

Btw. here is another article on that.

I've just been on the doctorwhoforum and spotted people talking about Scully there as well, looks like it's a strong rumour for now. I'm quite excited :thumbup:

Follow me on Twitter: Sandiwich11
Sandiwich11
Former Staff Member

Postby The Strog on Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:43 pm

Gillian Anderson = Yes
The Rani = No

I'm not sure that Moffat's first instinct would be to bring The Rani back. Ice Warriors, yes. Sea Devils, maybe. The Rani...it's a long shot. I just can't see THAT being one of his first ideas. But hey, who knows?
If you don't like Doctor Who, click here. If you love Doctor Who, click here. After you've clicked one of those, come here.

Tune in for PSYCH
RETURNING THIS SUMMER ON USA NETWORK
The Strog
Former Staff Member

Return to Doctor Who / Torchwood Spoilers