iPhone 4

Embrace your inner geek! Become one with the world of Science & Technology.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: iPhone 4

Postby Two Sides on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Have they included a way to change you message tone... instead of having it so you can only use standard ones?!?! Cos it sucks!! :(
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby vader182 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:54 am

http://gear.ign.com/articles/109/1095324p1.html

Here's a great write up of a hands-on IGN did.
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

Postby CJ Sonic on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:59 pm

so is anyone tryin to get an iphone 4 on thursday?

AAnd the new operating system has just been released today (iso4)

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator

Postby DarkUFO on Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:07 pm

CJ Sonic wrote:so is anyone tryin to get an iphone 4 on thursday?

AAnd the new operating system has just been released today (iso4)

Wife is getting hers upgraded and I'll updating my 3g with the new iso4 to have a play but I doubt it will sway me away from my Android 2.2. Tethering on the Android is awesome :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby CJ Sonic on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:26 pm

is04 has been makin my 3g run slow to be honest. But i will be there at 8am when the store opens gettin my iphone, ive even told work i'll be late luckily i aint teaching till 9.40am lol

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator

Postby Dreyesbo on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:47 pm

CJ Sonic wrote:is04 has been makin my 3g run slow to be honest. But i will be there at 8am when the store opens gettin my iphone, ive even told work i'll be late luckily i aint teaching till 9.40am lol

Yeah, mine too is running slow. But I'll get the iPhone 4 as soon as it's available here too :D
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby lostfan5007 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:27 pm

I have never had an IPhone, but I am seriously thinking about buying this one. Does it worth it? :hmm:

charliefan4life wrote:Lostfan is the sweetest, kindest, most-amazing, all-around great guy in the history of the world! :wub: :wub:
lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby vader182 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:41 am

It's completely worth it! I can't decide between black or waiting for white. I wouldn't mind waiting, and I'd prefer white in theory, but because the front is white I fear that due to the lack of contrast between the phone and the screen, the colors won't pop out as well. That's the chief reason there's a black border around most screens as opposed to silvers, whites, blues, and so on.

I dunno.. :hmm:
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
We will be found in the end. 5.23.10

My theory that explains the whole show: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19711&hilit=the+light+side+of+the+force
sXe
vader182
Emmy Nominee

Postby Gideon on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:02 pm

If you currently have the 3GS, I suggest backing up your data, then wiping everything and doing a clean install. It seems to make everything faster.

If you're interested in picking up the iPhone 4 but don't want the contract, I suggest waiting until September to see what the new iPod touch looks like. Odds are that it looks pretty much the same, with pretty much the same features (excepting the phone and SMS, obviously), and pretty much the same price. I'll probably be picking one up then, if it's close to the iPhone 4.
Gideon
Stunt Double

Postby lostfan5007 on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Gideon wrote:If you currently have the 3GS, I suggest backing up your data, then wiping everything and doing a clean install. It seems to make everything faster.

If you're interested in picking up the iPhone 4 but don't want the contract, I suggest waiting until September to see what the new iPod touch looks like. Odds are that it looks pretty much the same, with pretty much the same features (excepting the phone and SMS, obviously), and pretty much the same price. I'll probably be picking one up then, if it's close to the iPhone 4.

Thanks man :thumbup: Yeah, I think I will wait till September :)

charliefan4life wrote:Lostfan is the sweetest, kindest, most-amazing, all-around great guy in the history of the world! :wub: :wub:
lostfan5007
Emmy Winner

Postby CJ Sonic on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Got the iphone 4 today. At work so cant say much. More indepth review later.

But so far pretty impressive (other than wiping all my contacts off both my phones oops)

CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator

Postby DarkUFO on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:13 pm

CJ Sonic wrote:Got the iphone 4 today. At work so cant say much. More indepth review later.

But so far pretty impressive (other than wiping all my contacts off both my phones oops)

Cool :)

Wifey just got hers. Had to queue for 2hrs. She was the 3rd last person before they ran out.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Dreyesbo on Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Wow, congrats guys :thumbsup:

Can't wait to read your review CJ.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby DarkUFO on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:13 pm

Here is a very useful comparion chart of the Droid x (Android) and the iPhone 4

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Mashable/~3/35TuuCFIqIU/
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Iceman on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:22 pm

The new iPhone apparently has two spots on the side that if touched simultaneously will automatically drop your call.

http://twitter.com/FilmTVGuyNYC/statuses/16965711527
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Science & Technology