Enneagram Tests

Embrace your inner geek! Become one with the world of Science & Technology.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Enneagram Tests

Postby Heiots on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:46 pm

I came across this and thought it to be very interesting. I'm an INFJ and I'm very likely a Type 1 with 1w2 or 1w9. My tritype is either 1-4-5 or 1-5-4.

An overview of a Type 1

You want to be accurate, thorough, fair and objective. More importantly, you want to be respectable, to do what is right and what you feel is appropriate. You see yourself as rational, orderly and principled. You would like others to see you as reliable, responsible and ethical. Your idealized image is that you are hardworking and do what is right.

Gifted with a strong sense of purpose, you have high ideals and like to follow protocol, policies and procedures. You are sincere, earnest and diligent. You like to excel and take pride in doing things well. You value honesty, integrity and objectivity. Conscientious and methodical you focus on paying close attention to detail. Earnest and hardworking, you are particular and constantly strive to improve. You take action from your heart because, for you, the heart is the only thing that is truly perfect.

You have a strong ‘internal critic’ that reminds you of what you should and shouldn’t do. At times, you can be judgmental and critical of others, telling them what you think is right. You behave this way because you want to help people avoid mistakes. You believe that there is only one way to do things and that is the right way. As a perfectionist, you feel that if something is worth doing, it is worth doing right. As a result, you are only satisfied with what appeals to your strong sense of what is moral. Idealistic, you naturally wish to educate others to help them improve themselves.

Life for you is about adhering to your strong internal set of standards. Sometimes, you wish that you could let go and have more fun. This can be hard for you to do unless you are on vacation because of your strong work ethic. You innately recognize that in most situations there are standard operational procedures. Privately, you may criticize yourself for your shortcomings far more than you ever criticize anyone else. Because you can be so hard on yourself, you long for positive feedback, serenity and happiness.

Enneagram Type 1 - The Reformer

Perfectionists, responsible, fixated on improvement

People of this personality type are essentially looking to make things better, as they think nothing is ever quite good enough. This makes them perfectionists who desire to reform and improve; idealists who strive to make order out of the omnipresent chaos.

Ones have a fine eye for detail. They are always aware of the flaws in themselves, others and the situations in which they find themselves. This triggers their need to improve, which can be beneficial for all concerned, but which can also prove to be burdensome to both the One and those who are on the receiving end of the One's reform efforts.

The One's inability to achieve the perfection they desire feeds their feelings of guilt for having fallen short, and fuels their incipient anger against an imperfect world. Ones, however, tend to feel guilty about their anger. Anger is a "bad" emotion, and Ones strive sincerely and wholeheartedly to be "good." Anger is therefore vigorously repressed from consciousness, bursting forth in occasional fits of temper, but usually manifesting in one of its many less obvious permutations - impatience, frustration, annoyance and judgmental criticality. For this reason, Ones can be difficult to live with, but, on the high side, they tend to be loyal, responsible and capable partners and friends.

Ones are serious people; they tend to be highly principled, competent and uncompromising. They follow the rules and expect others to do so as well. Because they believe so thoroughly in their convictions, they are often excellent leaders who can inspire those who follow them with their own vision of excellence. Reform movements are frequently spearheaded by Ones.

Ones are often driven and ambitious, and are sometimes workaholics. But whatever their professional involvement, they are definitely active, practical people who get things done. They are natural born organizers, listmakers who finish everything on the list, the last one to leave the office, the first one to return, industrious, reliable, honest and dutiful.

The relentlessness of their pursuit of the ideal can make Ones tense people who have a hard time relaxing and who unnecessarily deny themselves many of the harmless pleasures of life. They tend to be emotionally repressed and uncomfortable with expressing tender feelings; they generally see emotionality as a sign of weakness and lack of control. They are seldom spontaneous. They have multiple interests and talents however; they are self-reliant and seldom run out of things to do.

My Tritype

1-4-5 : a rather introverted and withdrawn One, more creative, original and abstract than most. Prefers the realm of imagination and has very high ideals and standards, especially in what concerns romantic relationships. They’re harder to get to know because they can be very reserved, moody and somewhat picky. They have artistic inclinations and can be quite whimsical and creative. Tend to feel overwhelmed by the real world and hide in their own perfect worlds of fantasy. Prone to bouts of existential depression.

1-5-4 : a reserved, cerebral and fairly intuitive One, who has a preference for the realm of the thought and the abstract. They can be very theoretical and philosophical and like to be alone and ponder things for a long time. They have a developed imagination and a deep insight into the nature of things and people. Mainly isolationists, they have a tendency towards spareness and austerity and are generally economical and even avaritious. At times experience gloomy moods which they strangely enjoy.

Not a very positive description, but true. If you're interested to know your type, these tests are pretty accurate. :D

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/test.php

http://quizfarm.com/quizzes/new/Bigbadb ... lity-type/
:flowers: Caution: All Juliet related :flowers:
My Fanfiction My YT Videos My Art
Heiots
Star Billing

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Enneagram Tests

Postby Gary Troup on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:00 am

I'm a type 9 with 9w1

Type 9: The Peacemaker

People of this personality type essentially feel a need for peace and harmony. They tend to avoid conflict at all costs, whether it be internal or interpersonal. As the potential for conflict in life is virtually ubiquitous, the Nine's desire to avoid it generally results in some degree of withdrawal from life, and many Nines are, in fact, introverted. Other Nines lead more active, social lives, but nevertheless remain to some to degree "checked out," or not fully involved, as if to insulate themselves from threats to their peace of mind. Most Nines are fairly easy going; they adopt a strategy of "going with the flow." They are generally reliable, sturdy, self-effacing, tolerant and likable individuals.

Nines tend to adopt an optimistic approach to life; they are, for the most part, trusting people who see the best in others; they frequently have a deep seated faith that things will somehow work out. They desire to feel connected, both to other people and to the world at large. They frequently feel most at home in nature and generally make warm and attentive parents.
:hmm:
Last edited by Gary Troup on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Heiots on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:04 am

I have a wing 9. I share some traits with you. :lol: Do you know your tritype?

ETA: Do you think it's accurate?
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby Gary Troup on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:07 am

I've got no idea what my tritype is.

I agree with the "going with the flow" and that everything will work out fine parts. But the warm and attentive parent part, definately not! I'd be a terrible father. :(
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Heiots on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:12 am

Aw, who says you'll be a terrible father! You haven't even gotten to that stage yet. :lol:

They'd give you a listing of the types. Your top three types are probably from different triads. Check out this excerpt. Mine was 1-4-5. 1 from the Gut Triad, 4 from the Heart and 5 from the Head. :)

What is the tritype?

Theory says that we do not make use of only one single Enneagram type, but of actually three of them – one in each triad: the Heart Triad (2,3,4), the Head Triad (5,6,7) and the Gut Triad (8,9,1). This means we have a preferred coping strategy in each Centre and our personality is thus tridimensional to an extent.

While we basically use our main type (and main Centre) the most, we will occasionally employ different strategies and coping methods belonging to the other two types (and Centres) in our tritype. The order in which we engage these and their prevalence in our thoughts and behavior will decide the order in which they appear in the tritype.

For example if someone's main type is 7 (in the Head triad), but they also identify quite a lot with a 2 (from the Heart centre) and sometimes with a 9 (in the Gut triad), then their tritype will probably be 7-2-9. However, remember that in the tritype you can't have two types belonging to the same triad (you cannot be a 5-6-8 or a 2-5-3).

http://pstypes.blogspot.com/2009/07/enn ... itype.html
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby Two Sides on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:14 am

I did one of these in Psychology at school... Not good result :lol:

I just got this:
You are most likely a type 6.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6 or 6w5.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

So my description is: http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/type6.php - I find it quite accurate, i guess.

What does the 5w6 mean and 6w5?

How do i get a 'tritype'?
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Gary Troup on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:15 am

This whole "tritype" thing is confusing me. :hmm:
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Heiots on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:20 am

@Jack 6! I ought to have a read. :lol:

Ok. There are 9 numbers and they are grouped into THREE.

The Heart Triad (2,3,4)
The Head Triad (5,6,7)
The Gut Triad (8,9,1)

You ought to have a listing. Take your top three from the nine and that is your tritype. They cannot be from the same group. :) Mine, for example, is 1-4-5. All from different groups.

-- Merged Double Post --

Two Sides wrote:What does the 5w6 mean and 6w5?

Misidentifying Fives and Sixes

Fives and Sixes are both Thinking types and, when educated, can both be quite intellectual. It is far more common for Sixes to mistype as Fives, but for some easily understood reasons. Of the two types, Sixes tend to be more linear and analytical in their thinking because they are interested in troubleshooting, in prediction, and in establishing methods that can be repeated. Thus, contrary to popular belief, the world of academia and higher education is more the realm of Sixes than of Fives. Academia teaches students to work with advisors and mentors, to cite sources and back up arguments with quotes from authorities, to follow proper procedures in papers and theses, and so forth–all type Six values.

Fives are much more non-linear in their thinking. They are interested in finding out where established theories break down and in developing iconoclastic ideas that shake up structures and established methods. Fives are, generally speaking, bolder than Sixes in their positions and creativity, but also far less practical. Fives feel that they can only trust their own minds to come to conclusions–they believe that everyone else is likely to be less well-informed. Sixes get frantic trying to find something to trust precisely because they do not trust their own minds to come to meaningful conclusions. The difference between them can be seen in the difference between Umberto Eco ( a Five) and Tom Clancy (a Six), or Peter Gabriel (a Five) and Bruce Springsteen (a Six).
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby Two Sides on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:26 am

That's interesting!!, thanks Heiots :D Quite good to see what other people get :hmm:
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby Gary Troup on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:27 am

:S I do not see 9 numbers grouped into three.

-- Merged Double Post --

I think I've found it!!!

I've got 9-1-5

Does that make any sense?
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Heiots on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:39 am

@Jack You're very welcome. :D

@Gary Um...9 and 1 belong to the same group, so assuming 1 is your second number, take that away. It'll be 9-5-? :)
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby Gary Troup on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:43 am

9-5-2.

Is that :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:

Anyway, I am a peacemaker. :)
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Heiots on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 am

This may fit then, since it's a similar tritype. :D

5-9-2: rather easy-going, modest and amiable, these Fives are usually pleasant to have around because of their friendly nature and deeper understanding of the human needs and frailties. They are less judgemental and critical than other Fives and prefer to focus on the better side of things and people and work on exploring and improving these. They also have a somewhat holistic approach to life’s problems and questions – they tend to prefer the general to the particular and aren’t always very scientifically thorough.

typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 5w4
similar tritypes: 5-2-9, 9-5-2
flavours: agreeable, relaxed, friendly and spiritual
Heiots
Star Billing

Postby Gary Troup on Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:00 am

Oh, thank God! (I think :unsure: )
Gary Troup
Star Billing

Postby Heiots on Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:14 am

:lol:

If you are the Enneagram Type 9 with the 1 Wing, you desire to appear elusive. You see yourself as pragmatic, clear, collected, funny, calm and harmonious. (Are you? :P )

Famous Type 9s

Loni Anderson, Bali, Annette Bening, Tony Bennett, Ernest Borgnine, Matthew Broderick, Sandra Bullock, George Burns, Art Carney, Keith Carradine, Julia Child, Connie Chung, Bill Clinton, Columbo, Gary Cooper, Kevin Costner, The Dalai Lama, Jeff Daniels, Oscar de la Renta, Clint Eastwood, Dwight Eisenhower, Queen Elizabeth II, Shelley Fabares, Peter Falk, Gerald Ford, Dennis Franz, Annette Funicello, Mahatma Gandhi, John Goodman, Tipper Gore, Elliott Gould, Charles Grodin, Woody Harrelson, Patty Hearst, Mariel Hemingway, Audrey Hepburn, Barbara Hershey, Anjelica Huston, Shirley Jones, C.G. Jung, Grace Kelly, Nancy Kerrigan, Lisa Kudrow, Stan Laurel, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Abraham Lincoln, Andie MacDowell, Mr. Magoo, Dean Martin, Jerry Mathers, Dan Quayle, James Earl Ray, Ronald Reagan, Ralph Richardson, Carl Rogers, Roy Rogers, Gena Rowlands, Eva Marie Saint, Garry Shandling, Martin Sheen, Tom Skerritt, Ringo Starr, Mary Steenburgen, Daniel Stern, James Stewart, Eric Stoltz, Billy Bob Thornton, Andy Williams, Tricia Yearwood, Renee Zellweger.

I wouldn't make future decisions based entirely on this, but it's interesting to know more about oneself. :D
Heiots
Star Billing

Next

Return to Science & Technology