Need a new mouse!

Embrace your inner geek! Become one with the world of Science & Technology.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Need a new mouse!

Postby Maqrkk on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:35 pm

I've put this off long enough, but it's finally time for me to get a new mouse. My current one is pretty broken and old. The scroll wheel hasn't worked properly for atleast two years (it would only scroll down), and not at all for a couple of months. Also, I dislike how this one eats batteries.

I have no knowledge whatsoever about computer mice. I've seen 'rechargeable' ones before, I know they come with wires, and like the one I have now, cordless. Which do you suggest I take, and why? I think a rechargeable one would work best (cordless, no batteries) but I don't know how well they work. I use my pc on average atleast 12 hours during week days (8 - 24, with some breaks ofcourse), slightly less in the weekends. Would a rechargeable one be able to keep up, so to speak? How long would it take to recharge, and how long would they last when fully charged?

Also, anything else you can suggest perhaps? I'm all ears :)
Xbox360 Gamertag: Maqrkk - 26310 Gamerscore
Maqrkk
Forum Technician

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Need a new mouse!

Postby HannaK on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:36 pm

I use this one:
http://tiny.cc/tfg2k

It's quite expensive imo but it's really good! It's wireless and can be used on every surface. As for keeping up, I use my mouse about 3 hours per day and the batteries last about 4 / 6 months. (If I remember correctly) so for you that would mean you have to change the batteries every month or so...

Dunno if this helps!
Two Sides wrote:I found the Juliet to my Shawn :wub: :wub:

"Words are futile devices.''
HannaK
Supporting Actor

Re: Need a new mouse!

Postby b3rt4 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:40 pm

Unless you're a gamer (shooter) I would never buy an expensive mouse.

I always buy mice for like 20 Euro max and the one I have now I use about 15 hours a day and I've only had to change the batteries once in 6 months. It's also well-shaped and has 5 keys. :D

TigerBlood
b3rt4
VIP

Return to Science & Technology