Josh Holloway Appreciation Thread

Discuss your favourite and least favourite characters

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Josh Holloway Appreciation Thread

Postby isabelle on Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:50 pm

This is a place for all the Josh Holloway fans to discuss him and why we think he is really awesome! :PP :PP :wub:

i think he is a great actor and definately deserves recognition for his acting skills. i think the scene where he killed cooper really showed us why he deserves an award! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

also, he is so funny and down to earth (judging from interviews), and really hot! :) :) :whistle: :drool:
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Josh Holloway Appreciation Thread

Postby mooney on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:01 pm

i know i've said it a million times, but when he tells Jack about his dad....... :cry: :cry:
mooney
Supporting Actor

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:02 pm

Isabelle!!! :D
Great stuff, girl!
I loooooooooooooooooooooove Josh Holloway :wub:
He's a great actor, he's sweet, fun, humble and simple, outdoorsy, loves to fish, loves sports, he has a great body, he's sexy, he's definitely handsome and hot, he sings, he has traveled, he's always very nice with the fans and, the best of all, he talks marvelous things about his wife... What an adorable man he is!

I'll be here, too. He rocks! :thumbsup:

i know i've said it a million times, but when he tells Jack about his dad....... :cry: :cry:

Yeah, Mooney that scene is a killer! :( Another great delivery by Mr. Holloway! :thumbup:

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby isabelle on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:07 pm

mooney wrote:i know i've said it a million times, but when he tells Jack about his dad....... :cry: :cry:

lol, me too! i well up every time! :cry: such an emotional, well written, well acted scene.
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby mooney on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:14 pm

remember back before the finale, and there was a list of 5 episodes that were key to the finale? well of course i watched those, and while i have my season 1 DVD's out, i was like, "hmm let's see if that scene still gets me".
um yeah it does....
mooney
Supporting Actor

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:43 pm

Well, you asked for it, so... here it goes. The next clip is very cool because the maker put together the three moments: when Sawyer met Christian, when he got Jack was his son and when he finally tells him before leaving.

Awesome stuff! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kULb36DhzE4

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby mooney on Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:55 pm

jesus, i'm @ work and watching it with no sound still gets me....
mooney
Supporting Actor

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Yep, those are powerful scenes... I think Josh definitely deserves the awards he gets. I think he's underrated and, mostly, it is because his great looks, some people just can't see beyond that, which is stupid, anyway.

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby isabelle on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:40 pm

so guys, what do you think is JHs best acted scene? (apart from the sawyer vs sawyer scene, and the scene where he told jack about his dad because those have already been mentioned).
isabelle
Emmy Winner

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:09 pm

Mmmm... hard question :D
He has many great scenes. Josh Holloway is the kind of actor who doesn't need to speak, because he does it with his eyes. One scene I love is the torture one because it showed he's really good at what he does. The season 3 scenes at the cages and the quarry are very cool, too... I don't know, some people say he's just being himself, but I definitely don't think so. The only thing he kept is the accent, but all the emotions, and sarcasm, and the way he shows Kate he loves her, etc, etc... it's acting, and it's very good.

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby SockeRock on Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:52 pm

isabelle wrote:so guys, what do you think is JHs best acted scene? (apart from the sawyer vs sawyer scene, and the scene where he told jack about his dad because those have already been mentioned).

I think all his scenes have been great.

I really thought he did great with Ben's little torture con. Or when he was simply reading the letter. Some of his best scenes have been where there's no dialogue and he just has to use his eyes to act and show his emotions.
SockeRock
Star Billing

Postby Magic Box on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:32 am

Josh Holloway? One thing stands out for me:

He so followed the story that he let his hair grow in accordance with the time spent on the island.

Not really happy about it, no, he sends a message to the production team via interviews that "Sawyer needs a haircut! When's he gonna get it?" Meanwhile, noboby is preventing him to have that darn haircut. It seems like Holloway just tries to fashion his hair like it still was 100 days ago from September 22nd, 2004.

Bravo. That's it, I'm otherwise wordless in face of such personnal involvement in the series. It makes me look with suspicion at someone who's been showing a brush on their head since day 1, more in tune with the mirror than Holloway seems to be in tune with the story at stakes.

Professionalism? He's got it.
ImageImage
Owner of Ben's red tie, Ben's Bendiana Jones outfit, Ben's bunny, and Ben's "Don't you read?" line.
Magic Box
Emmy Winner

Location: Near the polar bears, far from the Frozen Donkey Wheel

Postby Nicole on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:21 am

He's yummy! :wub:

And we have the same birthday (July 20th) :D
"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that... is just progress."

Nicole
Emmy Winner

Postby Magic Box on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:59 pm

Happy belated birthday, Nicole. I guess you'll never forget who you share that particular date with. :D
ImageImage
Owner of Ben's red tie, Ben's Bendiana Jones outfit, Ben's bunny, and Ben's "Don't you read?" line.
Magic Box
Emmy Winner

Location: Near the polar bears, far from the Frozen Donkey Wheel

Postby SockeRock on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:38 pm

Magic Box wrote:Josh Holloway? One thing stands out for me:

He so followed the story that he let his hair grow in accordance with the time spent on the island.

Not really happy about it, no, he sends a message to the production team via interviews that "Sawyer needs a haircut! When's he gonna get it?" Meanwhile, noboby is preventing him to have that darn haircut. It seems like Holloway just tries to fashion his hair like it still was 100 days ago from September 22nd, 2004.

Bravo. That's it, I'm otherwise wordless in face of such personnal involvement in the series. It makes me look with suspicion at someone who's been showing a brush on their head since day 1, more in tune with the mirror than Holloway seems to be in tune with the story at stakes.

Professionalism? He's got it.

And having to keep that look has probably cost him a lot of parts. Matthew Fox has gotten a lot of jobs, but that's because his hair hasn't grown an inch since he's been on the island. It's stayed the same length and all he has to do is shave and he's up for a lot more parts than Josh Holloway who has to keep the Sawyer look.

That's why I was shocked Emilie De Ravin cut off her hair without considering her role on Lost. Because of that they had to stick her in that wig.

He's made it clear a lot of times he doesn't like the long hair and the first thing he's going to do when Lost is over is cut it all off. So, you're right that is professionalism.
SockeRock
Star Billing

Next

Return to Lost Character/Actor Discussion