2009 Official LOST ARG (Viral Marketing) Discussion

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

2009 Official LOST ARG (Viral Marketing) Discussion

Postby laezydaezy on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:57 am

NOTE: For all off-topic Chat and Banter about the Arg/Viral Marketing Posters please use this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13728

The following is the information and events of the website of Damon Carlton and a Polar Bear. As new frames open, they will be added to the top of the page. All past events can be found below the current one.

Official Links
DamonCarltonandaPolarBear
Ronie Midfew Arts
Discussion we've had before this thread
Poster Buddy Thread
Full Set Thread
Poster Purchase List

Frame #11 Starts

-The first picture was added to Frame #10/Hub.

-The second picture was added.

-The last picture with the next event date and time was added.

-A picture with our next website was added. The website was I took a couple of flying lessons. This is a quote from "Pilot. Part 1", S01E01 made by Jack to Kate.

Frame #11
Drew Millward for Walt's Kidnapping

Frame #10 Starts

-The first picture was added to Frame #10/Hub.

-The picture was updated to include more clues.

-The last picture with the next event date and time was added.

-Bags were given out at the store that said "I'm Lost". Also on the bag was our website, Trust me just leave it be. This is a quote from "Something Nice Back Home", S4E10 made by Kate to Jack.

Frame #10
Rob Jones for The Swan Station

Frame #9 Starts

-The first picture is added to Frame #9/Hub.

-The next picture has been added.

-A third picture has been added.

-The last picture was added giving us the time and place of the event.

-88 Keys released a blog with a rap written about LOST called Baggage Claim. Revealed in the rap was our next website You might want to consider hiking boots. This is a quote from "316", S5E06 made by Kate to Jack .

Frame #9
Dan McCarty for Rousseau's Transmission

Frame #8 Starts

Frame #8
Kevin Tong for The Hatch

Frame #7 Starts

-The first picture was added to frame #7/hub.

-Another pic was added.

-More pictures were added leading us to the event.
Image Image
Image Image

-BonnieJGreen, Lottery_Ticket, Hollywood_Bob and Desmondia gave us updates of what went on at Rusty's.

-Our next website was revealed on the inside of "I <3 my Shih-Tzu" t-sthirs that were given out. It was I am trying to buy some jerkey and a slushy.This is a quote from "Because you left", S5E1 made by Hurley to Charlie.

Frame #7
Ken Taylor for The Smoke Monster

Frame #6 Starts

-A new silver star was added to frame 6 and then a day later a pink "X" was added on top of that.

-A new picture was added to frame 6/hub

-Another picture was added.

-The last picture was added giving us the location and time for our next event.

-The event was covered on Paces Oil Change's twitter. The website was revealed on the band's bass along with a dharma logo on the bass and the bass drum.It was Huck Finn Was Taken. This is a quote from "The Brig" S3E19 made by Anthony Cooper to Sawyer.
Image Image Image Image

-Video from the concert

Frame #6
Jason Munn for The 4-Toes Statue

Frame #5 Starts

-Two pictures were added in frame 5/hub.
Image Image

-"Wildcat Readers, see you on - J. Perkins/R. Morrison" was added to the frame 5/hub.
-A new pic was added to frame #5 giving us the location and time of the next event

-Cerberus Venting and Virexgaze went to the event and gave us picture updates.
-Our next website was revealed on bookmarks that were at the event. It was I Think That Man Was You.This is a quote from "This Place is Death", S5E5 made by Charlotte to Faraday.

-A few other pics were added to the hub.
Image Image

Frame #5
Leia Bell for The Love Triangle

Frame #4 Starts

-Two new pictures were added into the 4th frame/hub.
Image Image

-Two more pictures were added that gave us the event place and time.
Image Image

-On 9/8, a few members went to the NY and LA event. AudiblyLost tells us what happen at the NY event. Whmscl gave us these photos from the LA event.
Image Image Image Image

-Our next website was revealed on the back of the Dharma jumpsuits. It was I Can Get You Peanut Butter.This is a quote from "Confidence Man", S1E08 made by Charlie to Claire.
-There were two more pictures added to the hub.
Image Image

Frame #4
Eric Tan for The Crash

-The Crash poster sold out in just under 5 hours, which has been the fastest so far.

Frame #3 Starts

-The partnership pic has been added to frame 3. When clicked it takes you to the hub where there are two new pictures.
Image Image Image

-During the show, the website We Were caught in a Net was flashed across the bottom of the screne.This is a quote from "Three Minutes", S2E22 made by Jack to Sawyer.

Frame #3
Methane Studios for The Dharma Van

Frame #2 Starts

-When Young Ben's Bardot video was uploaded to DCPB.com, there was an image at the beginning of the video.

-A new clue went up on DCPB.com. The original partnership picture was placed in frame two and when clicked you are taken to the hub with the following clue and picture.
Image Image

-Later two more pictures were added telling us the event and location.
Image Image

-On 8/26, Lewis_C815 went to the event. The first 8 people in line that said "Horace sent me" would receive a laser engraved skate deck with a dharma logo on it. Thanks to Lewis for these pics. They also had a shirt that said "Canton-Rainier" and a window decal the logo of "Build our World".
Image Image Image
-These pictures were also posted on DCPB.com
Image Image Image

-"The Numbers" were engraved in the board and can be seen here on Lewis_C815's Twitter as well as the next website's address which was That and Basket Weaving which contained the 2nd poster. This is a quote from "Not in Portland", S3E7 made by Alex to Sawyer.

Frame #2
Olly Moss for Locke's Secret
-The Locke poster as now sold out.

Frame #1 Starts

-Site was been updated at midnight PST to "Ronie Midfew Arts and Damon Carlton and a Polar Bear Presents" and is a site with 16 frames. So far they are all blank with the exception of the first one.

-The first picture, when clicked, takes you to this poster. Below that are possible links related to the poster.

-On 8/16, a member, Hollywood_Bob, went to the event and gave us awesome coverage. The place had Dharma logos in lights, on shirts, a picture of a possible Black Rock and a small mock hatch.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
In the middle of the event, young Ben (Sterling Beaumon) also showed up wearing his bloody hoodie and gave a speech.

-A new website was revealed by young Ben called Actually Its Ketchup that contains the first picture to be revealed. This is a quote from "The Lie", S5E2 made by Hurley to Ana Lucia.

Frame #1
Tim Doyle for The Numbers

Pre Launch Hype
-Paul Scheer (a real life comedian) appeared at the 2009 Comic Con Lost Panel and presented Damon and Carlton with a black velvet painting of them and a polar bear and advertised the Damon Carlton and a Polar Bear website.
-Media outlets received a letter from Paul a few days after Comic Con and a print of the art piece. Also letting them know that he will be selling more pieces on August 15th.
Image Image Image
-Then on DCPB.com there were posts from an assistant of Ronie Midfew Arts trying to contact him, letting him know that he was in violation and needed to cease and desist. They also insist on him not selling any pieces. -The same media outlets that received the note from Paul, now received one from Ronie Midfew Arts.
-Paul found out from a connection at ABC that his art piece was in the trash so he set out to go to ABC. He told us he found something very interesting while there and then he uploaded this video.
-His video revealed the title of Season 6, Episode 1 and 2 to be "LA X" as well as a set design.
-RonieMidfewArts.com updated their site with a message to their visitors and Paul.
-Doc Arzt did a podcast with Paul himself. -Howie from The World of Howie was able to sit down with Paul to do an interview. -A Ronie MidFew representative went to Paul's house and they had a discussion. The rep invited Paul to meet Ronie at 4:08pm on 8/14 to meet with Mr. Midfew. -Paul met with Ronie. It seems to have gone well and he has exciting news to come later. -RonieMidfewArts.com is updated.
-Paul releases his big news to us. Himself, Darlton and Ronie Midfew have joined forces to work on a project and bring us something big.
-The DamonCarltonandaPolarBear.com was updated. Here is their (RMA and DCBP.com) plans according to the website:
In celebration of LOST's final season and as a project of fan appreciation, 16 top designers and artists, who are also fans of the show, were commissioned to create artwork celebrating one of the series' most memorable, and unforgettable, "water cooler" moments. This ultimate "fan art" was then turned into labor intensive, hand-pulled screen prints, limited to an edition of just 300, with less than 200 available to the public through our websites. Each beautiful poster tells its own different story, allowing the fan to relive memorable and influential moments in an artistic manner, as the show's storied run comes to a close. Once this limited edition print has sold out, they will never be printed again. Celebrate the fandom, community and family created by one of televisions' greatest shows by hanging a little part of it's history, inspiration and influence on your wall.

Official Links
DamonCarltonandaPolarBear
Ronie Midfew Arts
Discussion we've had before this thread
Poster Buddy Thread
Full Set Thread
Poster Purchase List

==========================================================================================

Information not yet official (or proven to be tied to the ARG)
-A radio station called WAKY showed up on a piece of paper in the first episode of Mysteries of the universe.
-The WAKY radio station had a DJ named Weird Beard who had a pledge card stating "he is the leader" as well as another DJ named Johnny Locke.
-There was also a post on Paul's site with a poll called "Weirdo or Beardo" -In a Kia/LOST ad there were some hieroglyphics that translated to "Who is the leader?"
-A phone number was on the back of the LU advertisement that was handed out at Comic Con.
-Guy in the suit joining forces with Darlton and Paul Scheer might be Jenson Karp, who is the owner of the art gallery 1988. This is because he looks like him, he posted about the Bartdot event on his Facebook page and mentioned DCPB.com on his Site's Blog.
Image Image
DCPB & RM......................Jenson Karp
Image Image
Screenshot from Bardot Video......................Jenson Karp

Links not yet official
LOST University Mysteries of the Universe
WAKY Radio Station
Weird Beard's HS
Paul Scheer's YouTube
Paul Scheer's Twitter Paul Scheer's Blog
Paul's camerman in ABC video's site
Jenson's Facebook
Jenson's Gallery 1988's Blog
Last edited by laezydaezy on Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:32 am, edited 107 times in total.
The men in my life!
Image Image Image Image Image

laezydaezy
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: 2009 Official LOST ARG Discussion

Postby DarkUFO on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Great post laezydaezy . I'll lock the other thread and direct people to this one now.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Stintfang on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks for this thread.

Has somebody checked the KIA website if there are hidden messages? Which is their "leading" product?
Stintfang
Stunt Double

Postby SpOOky on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:28 pm

DarkUfo wrote:Thanks Spooky, If you don't mind I'll add them to the blog post. Good work.

Sure thing m8, I have emailed you a link to where I have better quality stills :)
SpOOky
Stunt Double

Postby DarkUFO on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Thanks SpOOky, I've just update them :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Capr1ce on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:08 pm

SpOOky wrote:Damon is saying to his mobile "Kill Him, I dont care what his motivation is, Just make him dead"
Im guessing hes talking about Paul Scheer

This reminded me of the beach scene with Jacob and his enemy. Guy in black wants to kill guy in white. In the video Damon (in black) wants to kill someone, and Carlton is in white.

Although before that quote I was assuming he was just talking about offing a character in the show ;)
Capr1ce
Viewer

Postby lostcrazy815 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Great post! Can't wait to see where this leads. And I'm liking the title of the season six premiere. :D
lostcrazy815
Extra

Postby Bonky on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Fantastic summary, laezydaezy. :thumbsup:

I don't trust the "title page of S6E1" discovery. Darlton have always been strongly anti-spoiler, and they're clearly in on this Paul Scheer thing, so I think that's a bit of misdirection.

One of the main things I noticed about the latest video is Paul's diagram of the ABC lot. I'd like to see a comparison of that and Radzinsky's blast door map, or some of Faraday's notebook diagrams.
Bonky
Supporting Actor

Postby PiccoloTheWise on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:36 pm

I highly doubt that is name of the first episode of season 6 for the fact that is was shredded and put in the garbage.
PiccoloTheWise
Stunt Double

Postby rtterry3225 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Don't know if anyone has noticed this yet, or if it has any meaning, but I was looking at some of the names of the people behind all the letters and stuff and came up with something interesting. I posted it the other day but never saw a reply. In light of the most resent videos and such, I feel I need to re-post it so here goes:

Anagrams:

These are a couple of ones that I never saw anyone mention.
So look for yourselves but you will find that they fit.

Ronie midfew arts = Mid War Reset Info

Alexandra Miller (assistant to Ronie Midfew)= Remainder All LAX

Both of these are very interesting to me how bout' you?
rtterry3225
Show Expert

Postby TimeforTravel on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:55 pm

If the title LA X is a spoiler for Darlton then all those reset/alternate timeline comic con videos are as well and they wouldn't have showed them.
TimeforTravel
Stunt Double

Postby kansasgal71 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:18 pm

The t-shirt Paul is wearing is for Scott Pilgrim that is being filmed in Toronto. Based on a comic book.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiomaru/2590726095/in/set-72157606332978717/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pilgrim

Scott becomes obsessed with a girl that delivers for Amazon and uses a subspace portal to make deliveries in seconds. She also has a subspace purse that they can climb into.
Last edited by kansasgal71 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kansasgal71
Extra

Postby SpOOky on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:20 pm

Capr1ce wrote:
SpOOky wrote:Damon is saying to his mobile "Kill Him, I dont care what his motivation is, Just make him dead"
Im guessing hes talking about Paul Scheer

This reminded me of the beach scene with Jacob and his enemy. Guy in black wants to kill guy in white. In the video Damon (in black) wants to kill someone, and Carlton is in white.

Although before that quote I was assuming he was just talking about offing a character in the show ;)

Paul Scheer was wearing Red shoes so If I were him I would be worried :whistle:
SpOOky
Stunt Double

Postby bamusbatisbarns on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:20 pm

I say roll on the 15th... or 16th, sounds like we're going to get more of this around then. As for the LA X thing, I thought that normally the airport is just spelt as LAX?
bamusbatisbarns
Viewer

Postby glorybound on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanks for this thread, Laezy. :thumbup:

I have no idea what to make of the episode "title." I want to think all of the reset references are a red harring, just for the purposes of the ARG. This is so fascinating/frustrating. :lol:
glorybound
Emmy Nominee

Next

Return to Lost ARG