2009 Official LOST ARG (Viral Marketing) Discussion

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: 2009 Official LOST ARG Discussion

Postby seanie-rawks on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:22 pm

I've been having a quick look and I noticed in the tags on Pauls most recennt youtube vid "Giant"

Then I found, http://www.79waky.com/audio/WAKYWeirdBe ... fTheGiants).mp3

could be a big co-incidence, but then again, maybe theyre using it to tell us "we've only just begun"...
Soy una máquina del tiempo...
seanie-rawks
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby SpOOky on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:26 pm

seanie-rawks wrote:I've been having a quick look and I noticed in the tags on Pauls most recennt youtube vid "Giant"

could be a big co-incidence, but then again, maybe theyre using it to tell us "we've only just begun"...

I found the word Giant as a tag Very Interesting ;)
SpOOky
Stunt Double

Postby Lasmert15 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:26 pm

Not sure if anyone has pointed it out but on the website http://roniemidfewarts.com/ the tagline says "15 will be lost The 16th will be found" That has to have some significance!!!! So many ideas running through my head, but I am at work, yikes! Ideas anyone?
Lasmert15
Viewer

Postby kansasgal71 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:31 pm

Paul Scheer was on Kevin Pollak Live streaming chat show last night. He was asked about the Polar Bear.... but at that exact time was when my laptop decided to freeze up. So I have been trying to find a video of it. Unfortunately it has yet to be uploaded on the official web site or on youtube.

Did anyone else catch it??

http://kevinpollak.net/

http://kevinpollak.net/kevins-online.html
kansasgal71
Extra

Postby Angous on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Maybe the title episode 6x01 will not be the real title futur episode. Because the paper was destroy...no?

So i think it's just a clue for what next in LOST. But not the real title episode.
Angous
Stunt Double

Postby wickedjermany on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:42 pm

SpOOky wrote:
seanie-rawks wrote:I've been having a quick look and I noticed in the tags on Pauls most recennt youtube vid "Giant"

Wasn't Paul on the TV show Human Giant? I think its just him trying to bring in more people to watch the video.
wickedjermany
Viewer

Postby darkknight on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:49 pm

Ronie midfew arts = Rewind Time So Far
Two Side: One is light, one is dark
Live Long and Prosper
Check out my LOSTblog interview: http://lostblog.com/2010/02/17/lostblog ... enter-666/
http://www.twitter.com/alxf9
darkknight
Extra

Postby SpOOky on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:51 pm

wickedjermany wrote:
SpOOky wrote:

Wasn't Paul on the TV show Human Giant? I think its just him trying to bring in more people to watch the video.

You might well be right, But I have my own reasons for picking up on the word giant :whistle:
SpOOky
Stunt Double

Postby DeadRabbit on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:19 pm

I live in Louisville, KY and WAKY is still a very real and very popular station here, and Waggener HS is still a very real and very operational school here. And Weird Beard, by everything I've seen on the net, was an actual DJ at the actual station in the 60's-70's who grew up in Louisville. If you Google "WAKY Weird Beard" you get stuff from all over the place and from years back...don't guess this proves he and WAKY are unrelated to the ARG, but it seems extremely unlikely.
DeadRabbit
Viewer

Postby Jughead9 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:41 pm

Did you notice that on his message Paul says "NamARTe" in the end? Is there something with that?

-- Merged Double Post --

Somebody told us
"Um at Paul's site - the intern's name is Mr. Klugh (sounds like clue? as in Bea Klugh?) and the first and only blog entry at widmore fine arts (located near Desmond/Austen) thanks uncle Charles? Definitely an arg but hopefully not lame like last year"
I think That Klugh is the name of the black woman we see at the end of season 2 with Walt and Michael
Jughead9
Viewer

Postby kristaps194 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:07 pm

This was a very funny video LOL :D
But to me this does't look like ARG - it's more promo for next season (of course for hard-core fans only).
Maybe I'm just mistaking...
P.S. I'm new to this forums and ARGs in general (last year played "The [Failed] Project" and read ~85% of "Lost Expierence" and about half of "Find 815" (started watch LOST too late unfortunately :cry: ) so I'm not complete noob :D) so don't judge me too drastic :)
Let your days be long and nights pleasant, sai!
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Good luck and namste!
kristaps194
Viewer

Postby kansasgal71 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:19 pm

kristaps194 wrote:This was a very funny video LOL :D
But to me this does't look like ARG - it's more promo for next season (of course for hard-core fans only).
Maybe I'm just mistaking...
P.S. I'm new to this forums and ARGs in general (last year played "The [Failed] Project" and read ~85% of "Lost Expierence" and about half of "Find 815" (started watch LOST too late unfortunately :cry: ) so I'm not complete noob :D) so don't judge me too drastic :)

I could very well be just a marketing gimmick. But I am hopeful and praying it is the next ARG.
kansasgal71
Extra

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:22 pm

Thanks for the thread, LD. I'm wondering how much of this is even tied to the ARG, as much of it seems unrelated...
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby dybeck on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:42 pm

On the matter of the 15 lost and 16th found:

It occurs to me that there are 16 main cast fuselage section survivors (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Locke, Sayid, Charlie, Jin, Sun, Claire, Michael, Walt, Shannon, Boone, Nikki, Paulo)...

If we're to believe from the 6x01 title that there's some kind of a reset planned... and that the plane lands at LAX as planned, could 15 memories be lost, and one not? (Sun perhaps? After all, she somehow failed to vanish from the Ajira flight... although Walt, Claire and Locke have also shown a degree of mysticness...)
dybeck
Viewer

Postby The_Other_Other on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:52 pm

As far as the title "LA X" goes.

Think that this is indeed the title for the first episode. Both Damon and Carlton appeared in the video, so they have an idea of what is going on.

It is obvious that they are referring to the airport in Los Angeles, there is two other things they could be referring to with the space between LA and X.

One would be as in maps, a destination, X marks the spot sort of deal. Are they or are they not going to make it there.

The other would be that it is an unknown as in X-rays. When x-rays where first discovered no one knew what they were, so they were referred to as "x"-rays. Thus this gives the inclination of unknowing whether they will land safely or not, or that it is unknown if they changed anything.

X could also be a variable, so maybe they changed the variables with the explosion.
The_Other_Other
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to Lost ARG