2009 Official LOST ARG (Viral Marketing) Discussion

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: 2009 Official LOST ARG Discussion

Postby Jacob'sPotGuy on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:34 pm

I thought it felt significant when he said, "You broke the rose." It did make me think of her and it wasn't until I read this that I realized she would be kind of f****d if she didn't make it to the island.

I just discovered Lost at the end of season 4, so I never knew about the ARGs. Where would the "game" part come in?
Jacob'sPotGuy
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Animagladius on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:45 pm

The_Other_Other wrote:X could also be a variable, so maybe they changed the variables with the explosion.

If X is a variable, maybe x stands for b, which would make it LA B => LAB => Vincent?

He's just involved in ANYTHING!
Nothing is forever...

...Charlotte Staples Lewis, * 2 July 1979, † somewhere in time...
Animagladius
Extra

Has anyone an idea about these pictures?

Postby sawyer840 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Has anyone an idea who is shown on these pictures? The second one, the statue could be Homer, but the first????
Image Image Image
The picture in the middle reminds me of the Greek Sun symbol.
In every form, the Sun of Vergina symbolized Virginity: Goddess Athena was a Virgin, so this Sun was associated with her. We can also find this symbol associated with Apollo. -All the versions (16,12 and 8-pointed Sun) are associated with another famous Greek symbol, the "Delphian Epsilon", symbol of Apollo:
which reminds me again of the branding of Juliet:
Image Image

BTW, I don't think that the WAKY thingy is really related to the Paul Sheer kind of game. I guess some guys just had vivacious imaginations! :lol:

more scans on my blog
http://lostuniversityarg.blogspot.com/
Last edited by sawyer840 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
It is all in the details!
sawyer840
Viewer

Postby PiccoloTheWise on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by rachelskid on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 pm
has anyone emailed support from this page:

http://scottaukerman.tumblr.com/%3C/a%3 ... t%20width=

its the link you get when you click on the pick of the shredded lost script page on dcabp.com

i emailed them and got a response saying that That page isn't hosted by Tumblr. so I don't know why they are linking to us. You could try asking the site owner to see if they would clarify.
PiccoloTheWise
Stunt Double

LA X

Postby sawyer840 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:59 pm

X is a variable and stands for we will not know when they will arrive in LA again and if they ever will arrive LA again!
So it says nothing!

If you change the X to a B it probably would stand for laboratory!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
It is all in the details!
sawyer840
Viewer

Postby Pop Locke Drop It on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:08 pm

I love that he has a "Mr. Clucks" cup in his cup holder...
Pop Locke Drop It
Viewer

Postby Notice on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:16 pm

soo... i'm away for two weeks now, so please keep me updated in the first post!

i'm really excited for this... why does it have to be august 15th?? :(
It doesn't matter who we were... It only matters who we are.

Life sucks, and then you die. And then it still sucks.
Notice
Star Billing

Postby rachelskid on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:34 pm

maybe there is a resets for everyone except the losties who were touched by jacob?

i still see a scene with jug head containing the EM and everyone running around trying to fix the matter, building the swan, pouring concrete over the hole, creating the button, and hurley being forced to record the numbers so that no on forgets what they are and that the button needs to be pushed. i digress.

* Report this post

Postby PiccoloTheWise on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by rachelskid on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 pm
has anyone emailed support from this page:

http://scottaukerman.tumblr.com/%3C/a%3 ... t%20width=

its the link you get when you click on the pick of the shredded lost script page on dcabp.com

i emailed them and got a response saying that That page isn't hosted by Tumblr. so I don't know why they are linking to us. You could try asking the site owner to see if they would clarify.

thanks for doing that. thats a weird response since thats a link directly from damoncarltonandapolarbear.com...hmmmmm
rachelskid
Stunt Double

Postby kansasgal71 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:42 pm

kansasgal71
Extra

Postby jonesy on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Someone over at LostArgs.com says that the Rose thing is a reference to the Dark Tower books.
jonesy
Extra

Postby QueenZ on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:52 pm

Can't believe it's taken me until season 6 to follow an Arg, but better late than never :)

This is really cool stuff and it's getting me super excited for season 6! Since I'm new to this ARG thing I think I will just sit back and let the "old pros" decipher what's going on :blush:

Love the theories and idea's so far.... Keep them coming!
QueenZ
Stunt Double

Postby dragossh on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:18 pm

CaptainJack wrote:
dragossh wrote:
dybeck wrote:On the matter of the 15 lost and 16th found:

It occurs to me that there are 16 main cast fuselage section survivors (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Locke, Sayid, Charlie, Jin, Sun, Claire, Michael, Walt, Shannon, Boone, Nikki, Paulo)...

If we're to believe from the 6x01 title that there's some kind of a reset planned... and that the plane lands at LAX as planned, could 15 memories be lost, and one not? (Sun perhaps? After all, she somehow failed to vanish from the Ajira flight... although Walt, Claire and Locke have also shown a degree of mysticness...)

From all them, it should be Desmond. I know it doesn’t add up, but he is not tied to space and time anymore.

I was thinking… what if we see all this reset and at the end of the episode the plane lands and we see Desmond waiting for it? LOST.

Also, listening to the recent podcast it seems these things are indeed the real deal. They talked about how carefully they planned the Oceanic commercial (30 years of safety) and remember — last year we got info about the new season a few months before.

Gosh, yeah! And what consequences would a reset have for those left on the Island? Would anyone have survived from 1977? Widmore maybe died, and so never had Penny. That would leave Des waking up to find himself alone with no Penny or baby Charlie :cry:

That would push Desmond to somehow merge the two timelines. I don’t know if anyone survived, but the Swan was obviously never built, if the Comic-Con videos are true.

Another possibility is, as some suggested, LA 2010. We see the survivors in LA in 2010 and they think the reset worked only to find themselves in need to go back to the island again. But that would be another re-used storyline, and I like the one with Desmond better. Would make for a good cliffhanger, IMHO.

Disclaimer: Of course it wouldn’t happen, otherwise we wouldn’t be discussing this. I’m sure it will be something completely unexpected.
dragossh
Stunt Double

Postby wittynickname on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:31 pm

In his video, as Paul is looking up at the ABC building, he passes a billboard on his left that has something-.COM on it. I can't seem to stop on a frame that shows what it says. Anybody have an idea?
wittynickname
Viewer

Postby CharliePace on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:38 pm

The fact that he had a Mr Clucks cup, could always just be a little easter egg thrown in there to shake things up...

Or it could be an indication of how big of a fan he is, owning an actual mr cluck cup as memoribilia

Or if you're gonna be enthusiastic about it.... ;)

The fact that he had the cup, could mean that since Hurley's comic-con video proved that his business is now booming and Mr Clucks is more popular than ever due to him owning it and the crash never happening, it has made an impact in the reality that Paul is in (be that ours or in fact 'Alternate').

Of course this is labelled as an ARG - 'Alternate Reality Game', however by the approach he is taking towards everything, you would assume that he is in the same position as and exists in the same 'reality' ie lost is a television show etc etc. But of course with the Ronie anagram (Widmore) assuming that it was intended, the show and our reality is indeed meant to interlink.

------------------------------------------------

The rose in the dumpster HAS to have some significance, and i would bet money on it being a reference to Rose Nadler, unfortunately he broke it, so that has to have some implications aswell.

I think it's a reference to her, because Paul was actually making any reference to the show as he could (Ethan, Sayid etc ) and he wouldn't miss an opportunity to make a reference as obvious as that.

------------------------------------------------

As for the title, I see where people are coming from with all theories, but i've got to go with the idea that the title has been scrapped and it is indeed a red herring to throw us of course YET AGAIN.

Darlton don't like spoilers too much, so I can't see why they'd release them THIS early.

Feel free to argue with me, this is an open book of course, and everything i'm saying could be COMPLETELY WRONG!
But that's the beauty of it :D
CharliePace
Stunt Double

Postby Zalazane on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:58 pm

wittynickname wrote:In his video, as Paul is looking up at the ABC building, he passes a billboard on his left that has something-.COM on it. I can't seem to stop on a frame that shows what it says. Anybody have an idea?

That's a billboard advertising Vons.com. Just a normal billboard.
Zalazane
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to Lost ARG