2009 Official LOST ARG (Viral Marketing) Discussion

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: 2009 Official LOST ARG Discussion

Postby wishiwerepenny on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:59 pm

Someone was asking earlier if there could be any significance to it being velvet paintings. I tried anagramming it but all I could really come up with was

Living past event.
wishiwerepenny
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby kansasgal71 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:10 am

wishiwerepenny wrote:Someone was asking earlier if there could be any significance to it being velvet paintings. I tried anagramming it but all I could really come up with was

Living past event.

That sounds pretty good to me!!
kansasgal71
Extra

Postby the von on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 am

I think this is the "LA X" reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_X

"Initially, the Earth X storyline was purported as being the future of Earth 616. However, the series often substantially retconned the origins and workings of characters to better suit the story, to the point where they were no longer reconcilable with their counterparts in the mainstream Marvel Universe. One example was the revelation in Paradise X that Wolverine is not a mutant at all, but instead one of the few remaining "pure strain humans", free from the genetic manipulations of the Celestials (as well as a descendent of Moon-Boy). Marvel editors solved these discrepancies by officially declaring that anything stated in Earth X would not be considered canonical. It was also later revealed in issue #11 of Paradise X that the events shown in the series are not set in an alternative future, but rather an alternative present (the issue reveals that Paradise X is set in 2003, the year of publication)."
the von
Viewer

Postby ytimetravel on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:49 am

No one has answered the question on the DCAPB site- my guess is that Bernard's beard is fake. A lot of the rest are stupid, but I think Bernard's is the only fake one. It looked that way to me in the epi. It reminded me of Tom Friendly's beard. Then Scheer shows up to get through "security" calling himself "Mr. Friendly" and wearing a fake beard.

Then he finds the "rose" in the dumpster....

Bernard and Rose are somehow a big clue with the first epis of the new season, IMO. Esp as the clue on the Weird Beard DJ, and his club. Perhaps Bernard and Rose are the real leaders. ... ¬¬
ytimetravel
Viewer

Postby Selene1212 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:39 am

ytimetravel wrote:A lot of the rest are stupid, but I think Bernard's is the only fake one.
Jack's beard was definately fake in those scenes. :roll:
Selene1212
Stunt Double

Postby wittynickname on Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:53 am

Zalazane wrote:
wittynickname wrote:In his video, as Paul is looking up at the ABC building, he passes a billboard on his left that has something-.COM on it. I can't seem to stop on a frame that shows what it says. Anybody have an idea?

That's a billboard advertising Vons.com. Just a normal billboard.

oh, well. thanks for looking into it!
wittynickname
Viewer

Postby Anonymouse on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:16 am

kansasgal71 wrote:
wishiwerepenny wrote:Someone was asking earlier if there could be any significance to it being velvet paintings. I tried anagramming it but all I could really come up with was

Living past event.

That sounds pretty good to me!!

I have to agree, that is excellent! :thumbsup:
<insert cool signature here>
Anonymouse
Supporting Actor

Postby dr mum on Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:20 am

ref: LA X .......maybe a spaceship lands or takes off there?
ref: Damon is wearing false sideboards clearly something he has been wanting to do

I think this is a Darlton tease-wheeze .....what fun they have.

Loss & Possession, Death & Life are one : There falls no shadow where there shines no sun
dr mum
Supporting Actor

Postby Charlie08 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:37 am

im yet to be convinced this is a ARG, i think its just Season 6 promotion so lost fans arent left entirely bored in the long wait. But on the other hand my mind can easily be changed if we get some more info and isnt this around the time Find815, Dharma ARG started so it might have something going for it there ? i think 15th or 16th of august might be the crucial day.
Charlie08
Extra

Postby dr mum on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:58 am

http://www.artcornwall.org/exhibitions/MacDunlop.jpg

Wow! this artwork has a polar bear AND the King Harry Ferry in it.

Loss & Possession, Death & Life are one : There falls no shadow where there shines no sun
dr mum
Supporting Actor

Postby d00by on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:24 am

A lot of people are saying that 'LA X' episode title is a hoax. I do not agree with this. If there is indeed an alternate timeline and considering that oceanic airline video at Comicon, it makes sense that the Season premiere is set in a Los Angeles where the Losties successfully landed.

This obviously is an official ARG otherwise Darlton would not have been involved in the video.

I want to know more about the broken rose reference. That sounds interesting.
What happens when Valenzetti Equation is confronted with Free Will?
d00by
Viewer

Postby logan421 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:26 am

i'm new to the forum but i think paul's map looks like one of farraday's pages of his notebook
logan421
Viewer

Postby adaminator1 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:31 am

LA X - The LA Variables?

Like... They change small things in the world because they left the island -- Varying the future of the human race? ZOMGZZZ!!!
Theory splode----

LA X-- The Change of the Venzeletti(sp?) Equation--The losties return to LAX instead of hitting the island changes the numbers--- and makes the end of the world sooner!!! O.o
That would be whacked.
What would it be? 4 8 15 16 23 24?

Okay.... That sounds a bit far fetched. LOLOLOL.
The Final Season. 2010.
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
2010 Can't come fast enough!!! AAAAAARGH!!!!

adaminator1
Viewer

Postby kansasgal71 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:52 am

Pauls map http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZUmk6IMWZsc/Sn_qRwxCrYI/AAAAAAAAANE/x61XGdu9X98/s1600-h/psvid1map.jpg

Blast Door Map http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/3/3c/Fullblastdoor.jpg

Disney Studio Map http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Disney_studios_Burbank_aerial_view.JPG

The Pearl is circled with a dashed line on the Blast Door Map. On Pauls map, the Electric Plant is circled with a dashed line.

If you use that as a basis for where everything matches up.. On Paul's Map and Disney studio map.... the Fire and Service station matches up to the Flame Station. ABC studios is the Swan Station.
kansasgal71
Extra

Postby lostboy815 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:01 am

I have a similar theory as the one a few posts above. I think LA X stands for LAX airport also, but with the "space between" I wonder if the X stands for a variable, as in alternate realities. Maybe that is why the premiere is two hours long and some dead characters are returning. Also Maybe the Mr. Cluck's and America's most wanted commercials have something to do with it...

Now as I type this, it seems a little farfetched, also this is my first post....Give me room to grow...LOL.
lostboy815
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to Lost ARG