2009 Official LOST ARG (Viral Marketing) Discussion

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: 2009 Official LOST ARG Discussion

Postby captainmac13 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 pm

There's a new post at Scheer's site. Here it is. http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/dcpb/?p=314
Charlie: I came down in my invisible submarine. Don't you see it?
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Poop
captainmac13
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby DarkUFO on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:40 pm

captainmac13 wrote:There's a new post at Scheer's site. Here it is. http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/dcpb/?p=314

Thanks for the heads up captainmac, nice one. This seems to be the key part

BTW: Thanks for watching my video, all this excitement has really inspired me, I painted 3 new pieces last night. Can’t wait for Saturday Night at MIDNIGHT
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Jas on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:05 pm

On the X in "LA X":
Other than being a variable or unknown, the X could mean a "bridge", either physical or a symbolic one, connecting two points or sides or things.

By extension, it would also mean the act of someone or something crossing from Point A to Point B, such as from past to present or from present to the future.

The origin of X being a bridge, if my memory is still reliable, is from Heidegger's writing on dwelling / building. Not 100% certain though.

Don't think Heidegger was ever an influence on Darlton, just tossing another possibility out there.
Jas
Extra

Postby captainmac13 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:20 pm

Jas wrote:On the X in "LA X":
Other than being a variable or unknown, the X could mean a "bridge", either physical or a symbolic one, connecting two points or sides or things.

By extension, it would also mean the act of someone or something crossing from Point A to Point B, such as from past to present or from present to the future.

The origin of X being a bridge, if my memory is still reliable, is from Heidegger's writing on dwelling / building. Not 100% certain though.

Don't think Heidegger was ever an influence on Darlton, just tossing another possibility out there.

To go along with the Heidegger reference, there could be a connection to his Being and Time work. Take a look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Being_and_Time It is interesting the parallels you could make between the show and it. I found this the most interesting:
On the other hand, Dasein's access to this world and these possibilities is always via a history and a tradition—this is the question of "world historicality," and among its consequences is Heidegger's argument that Dasein's potential for authenticity lies in the possibility of choosing a "hero."
Maybe has nothing to do with it but thought I'd post as some more things to ponder.
Charlie: I came down in my invisible submarine. Don't you see it?
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
Poop
captainmac13
Viewer

Postby Lockedown815 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:38 pm

I'm new to this,but Ive been checking out the site for the past 2 years. Everyone is talking about Ronie Midfew Arts being and Anagram for Widmore Fine Arts. I also heard that both domains are registered to ABC and both websites are linked to the same ip address. Now if you look at widmorefinearts.com and see the new post about the painting, click on the painting and look at the filename. the last four letters are esja and the picture is of two guys trying to kill each other. One has wings i.e. jacob....and the other one does not. THe one without the wings has a beard very similar to weird beard everyone is talkign about. Jacobs nemesis on the show had a weird beard and was rumored to be Esau. All this plays in. What do you think.

Heres the file name...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pFLm1HNI50I/S ... h/esja.jpg
Lockedown815
Viewer

Postby DarkUFO on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:42 pm

Lockedown815 wrote:I'm new to this,but Ive been checking out the site for the past 2 years. Everyone is talking about Ronie Midfew Arts being and Anagram for Widmore Fine Arts. I also heard that both domains are registered to ABC and both websites are linked to the same ip address. Now if you look at widmorefinearts.com and see the new post about the painting, click on the painting and look at the filename. the last four letters are esja and the picture is of two guys trying to kill each other. One has wings i.e. jacob....and the other one does not. THe one without the wings has a beard very similar to weird beard everyone is talkign about. Jacobs nemesis on the show had a weird beard and was rumored to be Esau. All this plays in. What do you think.

Heres the file name...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pFLm1HNI50I/S ... h/esja.jpg

Welcome to the site :)

I think it's been confirmed that http://www.widmorefinearts.com/ is a fan site.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Arc-X on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:53 pm

Interesting thought from Eye M Sick regarding the Rose from the Video: http://eyemsick.blogspot.com/

It may be a Dark Tower reference: "In Stephen King's epic series, the Dark Tower serves as a kind of keystone for all realities in the multiverse. The Dark Tower exists in our reality as a single rose growing in an abandoned lot in Manhattan. If the rose is harmed, the Dark Tower will be as well, imperiling all creation. Note how Paul says "You broke the rose" after his cameraman damages the flower."
Arc-X
Viewer

The "X" in "LA X"

Postby Artimidor on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Hmmm... Weird thought: I've had a look at the Wikipedia entry of "X" and see the following page. What's interesting is that the Egyptian hieroglyph for X is a column. Well, we've seen an Egyptian column also in that video. Maybe on purpose?

At least there's an interesting conincidence, especially as "LA X" most likely was chosen to keep the idea of a reset alive in order to throw people off (I stil believe that Season 6 starts with an 8 minute long dream or so of all the Losties landing in LA...) So "LA X" probably is something with an X that has to do with Los Angeles, I'd say. How about someone finding an Egyptian column in LA (Dharma station)? O.o
Artimidor Federkiel
www.santharia.com - Epic fantasy world creation
Artimidor
Viewer

Postby Rachel Leigh on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Some great theories in this thread.

I wonder if it has any reference to 'Planet X', the subject an astronomer doesn't like to talk about. http://www.planet-x.150m.com/pxnibiru.html Just a thought!
Rachel Leigh
Stunt Double

Postby Lord Brad III on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:43 pm

Damn this just reminds me why I think LOST fans are the best fans of anything anywhere.

All of these theories on what "LA X" could refer to are AWESOME! ::thumbs up::
Any one of them would make complete sense to me, but of course I am certain it has multiple meanings/intentions. S01E01 "The Pilot" >> S6E01 "LA X."
Season one feel indeed!! ;)

Whether it's an ARG, viral marketing, or both, or something different entirely, this has turned my frown upside down. Since it is slowly still sinking in that this will be LOST's last season. Brilliant elaboration on the difference (or lack of) between the two!

IMO ABC/D&C have no reason to hold anything back for this hiatus. I am hoping for a sort OVERLOAD of LOST-related buzz and mysteries and details and WTF's. They can make it as elaborate and confusing and as interactive as they want to; it will only serve to skyrocket my excitement and anticipation! :w00t:

They know that we think that they are always trying to fool us (and loving it) and yet we still get fooled (in a good way). Sort of O/T...what's going to be even MORE amazing than finding out "did it work are they dead did they change the future who's on whose side?" is going to be watching season 6 unfold revealing major answers while simultaneously maintaining an intense level of mystery ALL the way to the bitter(sweet) end. Y'know?
"We're good and lost now." Barbossa
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Location: 423 Miles To The East Of Here...At Least I Think It's East...

Postby DarkUFO on Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Great post Brad, totally agree
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby rachelskid on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:05 pm

thumbs up brad. :thumbsup: totally with you. die hard fan here. love the build up of anticipation. its kind of jarring and surreal to me that the fall season is about to begin, that kids are going back to school and that plans are being made for the holidays. none of that seems timely because LOST won't be back for another 5 months. without Lost, how can the new year begin? lol. :rofl:

to the ARG/VIRAL - there has been some mention, although i cannot find where on paul's site it so says, that there is "fan fiction" on the back of his black velvet paintings. further, you can download wallpaper of the damoncarltonandapolar painting on his site. perhaps there is a clue in the download? i did download, but am at a technical loss as to what to do next, if anything. anyone have thoughts?

finally, if you go to lostargs.com, and look in the comments of the latest post about the paul at abc video, one of the fans did an overlay of the markings on paul's abc map over rousseau's map of the island. its interesting and may come into play later.
rachelskid
Stunt Double

Postby Lord Brad III on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:07 pm

Thanks Dark!
For this ARG I'd just tell D&C BRING IT ON!! :punk: LOL
Lord knows they are acutely aware that we will tackle everything they throw at us!
Last edited by Lord Brad III on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Lost?!" Elizabeth
"For certain, you have to be lost to find the places can't be found; elseways everyone would know where it was." Barbossa [Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End]

---------
'Are you completely doubtless that you are nameless?' He asked.‘Positively certain.’ 'Positively certain.'‘Would it be Mick Barry?’’ 'No.'‘Peter Dundy?’ 'No.' 'Scrutch?’ 'No.'‘Lord Brad?’ ’ 'Not him.' ... ~The Third Policeman - Flann O'Brien
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

Postby DarkUFO on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Thanks for the update rachelskid, nice.
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby Lord Brad III on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:18 pm

Excellent possible catch rachelskid!
& I'm sure this isn't important at all but the filename being esja.jpg is obviously Es(au) + Ja(cob). But Ben's stabbing and that pic bear too much in common to be coincidence.
"Lost?!" Elizabeth

---------
Lord Brad III
Star Billing

PreviousNext

Return to Lost ARG