2009 Official LOST ARG (Viral Marketing) Discussion

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: 2009 Official LOST ARG (Viral Marketing) Discussion

Postby avondalebloger on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 am

Lost_my_mind wrote:look in the black background of clue 12....there are quite subtle ring pattern sort of like a vinyl record...

ooohhhh. Now I see it. But it IS VERY SUBTLE.

Thanks!!!! :cool:

-- Merged Double Post --

Maybe it's like a "test pattern" ??
avondalebloger
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby CaptainJack on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:49 am

Lost_my_mind wrote:look in the black background of clue 12....there are quite subtle ring pattern sort of like a vinyl record...

Like the rings in the background to Locke's secret and Walt's Kidnapping :hmm:
:happybday: PaBurrows :thumbsup: You're still younger than Sawyer ;)
CaptainJack
Show Expert

Postby andalone on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:25 pm

:happybday: Paul Burrows. 34 is a very good year!
When I was lost and alone, I learned self-reliance.
andalone
Stunt Double

Postby hurricanebtvs on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:02 pm

(late) Morning Y'all :D Happy Birthday Paul :thumbsup:
hurricanebtvs
Stunt Double

Postby mkskippy24 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Good morning YouAllEveryBody!!!! :D

Ugh..... these 6a wake-ups are brutal!! Haven't worked at the vets office in two weeks..... NOONE should be up at 6a! :lol:
kabooki wrote:I'm glad that we are finding eachother off the board though (facebook YAY!) because it has been fun with you guys :) I am going to miss this when its all done...though maybe we can find another board to clog with our chatter when the season starts? ;D

No Worries!! We already talked about this!! We're gonna start our own Season 6 watching thread together here at dark. Maybe not on THIS section of forum... but still here. SO, you get us til April/May.... Plenty of time before you need worry!!
paburrows wrote:OK night all. Can't believe that when I wake up tomarrow I'll be 34.

:happybday: Hey 34 isn't soooo bad!! Hope today is Super Special for ya!!:happybday:

The 2nd Focus wrote:It's always fun reading this board - but man does it take time!

I think there should be some kind of special award for reading through literally every single word in this forum.
Any ideas?
I agree!! You do deserve an award!! :D How long did it take you to read? How many pages did you have??

Maybe someone cleaver-er than i can come up with an award title..... any takers???

The background for me is gray? Is it black for others? I see a red 7 on a gray background..... and i do see the subtle rings at a certain angle.... but with it being gray.... i'm not sure if it's meant to be a part of the clue..... :hmm:

What's everyone else think?

OK.... big post 'cause i'm off to work, but i'll try and pop on sometime today...... Have a SUPER day YouAllEveryBody!!! :thumbsup:
mkskippy24
Stunt Double

Postby midnight-barber on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:07 pm

happy birthday mr burrows.Also id like to say NEVER use a 3v card. they have just sent me an email demanding there £50 back and being well snotty with me when i know for a fact the problem is theres and not mine. As some of you may remember i was questioning my lack of charges for my swan print.as it turns out 3v (despite me typing in a completely diff voucher number) decided to charge my orriginal voucher number and have now stopped me using the card and are threatening legall action.If they thought about it they could just take the cash from the second voucher but no they would rather get really **** with me. so looks like i wont be able to get any more of these lovey lovely prints...unless they sort there **** buisness out
Men reject their prophets and slay them, but they love their martyrs and honor those they have slain
midnight-barber
Supporting Actor

Postby hurricanebtvs on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:08 pm

Mine goes from grey to black. In the centre is a grey circle, then each outer circle gets darker.
hurricanebtvs
Stunt Double

Postby FaradayIsNotDead on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:08 pm

:happybday: Pa! :)
FaradayIsNotDead
Extra

Postby avondalebloger on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:40 pm

midnight-barber wrote:happy birthday mr burrows.Also id like to say NEVER use a 3v card. they have just sent me an email demanding there £50 back and being well snotty with me when i know for a fact the problem is theres and not mine. As some of you may remember i was questioning my lack of charges for my swan print.as it turns out 3v (despite me typing in a completely diff voucher number) decided to charge my orriginal voucher number and have now stopped me using the card and are threatening legall action.If they thought about it they could just take the cash from the second voucher but no they would rather get really **** with me. so looks like i wont be able to get any more of these lovey lovely prints...unless they sort there **** buisness out

That's horrible!!! :O :O

I hope you get it all sorted out!!!

:happybday: Paul!!
avondalebloger
Stunt Double

Postby alwayslost01 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:48 pm

midnight-barber wrote:happy birthday mr burrows.Also id like to say NEVER use a 3v card. they have just sent me an email demanding there £50 back and being well snotty with me when i know for a fact the problem is theres and not mine. As some of you may remember i was questioning my lack of charges for my swan print.as it turns out 3v (despite me typing in a completely diff voucher number) decided to charge my orriginal voucher number and have now stopped me using the card and are threatening legall action.If they thought about it they could just take the cash from the second voucher but no they would rather get really **** with me. so looks like i wont be able to get any more of these lovey lovely prints...unless they sort there **** buisness out

That really sucks man, I hope it all works out.

On a similar note, I called my bank again today to try and explain to them that I really needed the money back in my account, and they seem to have listened. The majority of it has come back, but it looks like two of my directdebits were fully processed before I noticed what they were doing, so I can't get that money back yet. On the plus side, I shouldn't be too far off of being able to get the three prints I want, which is awesome. :D
alwayslost01
Guest Star

Postby Jemmahaha on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Just dropping by to say :happybday: Paul! Hope you have a wonderful day.

I wish I could input with re: to the clue, but I am totally braindead when it comes to things like that.. Ima leave it to the pros - of whom have done a wicked job so far. Fingers crossed we get another lil summin' summin' sooooon.

Ugh, I can't breath through my nose and keep sneezing :unsure: I'm gonna go shower, then stock up on milk and bread and then actually start my assignment. Anyone got any ideas what I could do? The question is.... Discuss the evolution and adaptation of an endemic species of an isolated island. There's just so many! :scared: I don't know what to dooooo. No diving today as I'm not well :( how poop. Got to wait until April now...

Hope everyone is happy and healthy.

Edit:
alwayslost01 wrote:

That really sucks man, I hope it all works out.

On a similar note, I called my bank again today to try and explain to them that I really needed the money back in my account, and they seem to have listened. The majority of it has come back, but it looks like two of my directdebits were fully processed before I noticed what they were doing, so I can't get that money back yet. On the plus side, I shouldn't be too far off of being able to get the three prints I want, which is awesome. :D

Yay, happy to hear you put the bank in their place always ;) :thumbsup:

Boo for 3v being rubbish, seems a lot of people are getting balls ups when it comes to their moneys lately :( s'not good. S'not good at all :(
"Explore. Dream. Discover."
Jemmahaha
Stunt Double

Postby 1miletogo on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:08 pm

if you highlight the first clue in frame 12, you can really see the rings, it reminds me of an opening of a movie, like the countdown, or Looney Tunes :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7c/Looney_Tunes.png

Happy Birthday Paul
1miletogo
Supporting Actor

Postby avondalebloger on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:21 pm

1miletogo wrote:if you highlight the first clue in frame 12, you can really see the rings, it reminds me of an opening of a movie, like the countdown, or Looney Tunes :)

Happy Birthday Paul

How are you "highlighting" the clue?? :S

Here's another 7 + super reference. Just for laughs:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17185_7- ... ience.html
avondalebloger
Stunt Double

Postby midnight-barber on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:23 pm

ok a quick update on the 3v card fiasco:

it was a joint balls up between go merch and 3v. 3V seem to think once the money has been asked for by go merch that it should instantly be transfered to them....when in actuallity it takes upto a week, so they forwarded my remaining funds to another card and (from what i can make out cause its like speaking to a bloody alien on the phone) they transfered the whole ammount over .thankfully gomerch realized what had happend and still sent my poster out to me and 3v paid the cost of my poster (which ive just paid them back.) so all in all its a happy ending. I would say tho that 3v has been nothing but hassel (for me at least) and there customer service leave a lot to be desired.however my card is now unblocked so once again im hoping for a speedy next clue and reveal haha:)

now ive fully vented its back to my early morning takesi miike gore fest that is 1ICHI (which i didnt even know exsisted till last night...a prequal to ichi the killer....GET IN!!!)
Men reject their prophets and slay them, but they love their martyrs and honor those they have slain
midnight-barber
Supporting Actor

Postby 1miletogo on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:26 pm

avondalebloger wrote:
1miletogo wrote:if you highlight the first clue in frame 12, you can really see the rings, it reminds me of an opening of a movie, like the countdown, or Looney Tunes :)

Happy Birthday Paul

How are you "highlighting" the clue?? :S

Here's another 7 + super reference. Just for laughs:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17185_7- ... ience.html

In google Chrome, click and drag the link and it makes it a blue color...

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii30/1miletogo/Lost/7highlighted.jpg

But, I think the rings might just be how the background is a fade to dark color and not part of the clue...
1miletogo
Supporting Actor

PreviousNext

Return to Lost ARG