Show Me your Poster!

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Show Me your Poster!

Postby DezmondHume on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:17 pm

I'd love to see anyones frame jobs for Hurley's Curse, The Swan Station and Jacob's Cabin. Getting my prints professionally framed this week and I need ideas!
DezmondHume
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby CreedFeed on Sat May 15, 2010 5:14 pm

I know this is an old thread but with more posters being released I thought now would be a good time to see if anyone else has pics of their framed art. Anyone??
CreedFeed
Viewer

Postby jscott on Thu May 20, 2010 12:30 am

jawapez wrote:Michaels has all poster frames on sale for $9.99 right now. So I picked up a 24x36 for my G1988 Stout poster:

Just some friendly advice...

Those frames aren't preserving your art....I realize that they are a bargain but they are doing more damage than good. When you put a print into a frame like that, the art is pressed directly against the glass(or plastic) and this is something that should be avoided....especially with an original screen print(or any original art, for that matter). The first problem is the ink can stick to the glass and that makes removal difficult. Second, dust particles or even condensation can build up and damage the art. Third, there is zero UV protection and your art will fade.

These poster frames are fine for cheap off-the-shelf posters, but be careful when framing original art.

Someone else mentioned dry mounting....this should never be done either. It basically completely devalues the art and the ink may react to the heat. No professional framer should ever even let you use that option on original art.

You can get a custom frame done for a print like these for about $100 and up at Michaels when they have a sale on)which is almost always. I know that's a lot more than $10 but it is really worth it(in my opinion) in the long run.
jscott
Viewer

Postby AZSkye on Sat May 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Very good advice. Any words of wisdom regarding preserving/storing these if no professional framing is possible right away?
AZSkye
Extra

Postby jscott on Sun May 23, 2010 4:13 pm

AZSkye wrote:Very good advice. Any words of wisdom regarding preserving/storing these if no professional framing is possible right away?

Keep it flat. Sandwich it between 2 pieces of acid free paper and then secure it in a cardboard sleave(just a piece of cardboard folded in half bigger than the print) and tape it shut. you can also get relatively cheap artist portfolios to stick it into. If it may be stored for a while then 'acid free' is ideal.
jscott
Viewer

Postby AZSkye on Tue May 25, 2010 2:06 am

jscott wrote:Keep it flat. Sandwich it between 2 pieces of acid free paper and then secure it in a cardboard sleave(just a piece of cardboard folded in half bigger than the print) and tape it shut. you can also get relatively cheap artist portfolios to stick it into. If it may be stored for a while then 'acid free' is ideal.

Thanks for the info. I have a Stout/Lost print and it's just too big for my place to hang and I can't afford to frame it. At least now I know how to keep it in good condition. Thanks again.
AZSkye
Extra

Previous

Return to Lost ARG