Official 2009 ARG Clue and Poster Talk (No OT Talk)

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Official 2009 ARG Clue and Poster Talk (No OT Talk)

Postby MilkcanRocks on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:44 am

@RachelsKid

While I didn't actively try from poster 11 on, here is what I did for the first 11, and the technique worked well because I got prints 1-11.

1) You have to have gotten a print before and entered ALL you data AND have the sale go through.
2) Go to the backway into the Damon,Carlton and a Polar Bear site - go to your profile and make sure your address is right, and you have your password to be a quick but effective one.
3) open up a word document and have your e-mail and CC written out - memorize your exp date and the CCV number on the back
4) Copy your e-mail.
5) wait for print...f5,f5,f5,f5...
6) Buy now comes up, click it, PASTE your e-mail, hit tab and enter password fast. Hit enter.
7) while loading, go to the word doc and copy your CC
8) click the next buttons fast to get to the CC authorization page. Paste the CC. enter the CCv and exp date from memory.
9) click till the end.

Now, some used hotkeys for inputing the data. Like you go on a field and hit certain buttons and VOILA - the info pops up. It helped if you got a poster early, because most of the data is left over from the time before. Thats how I did it - some others may of used programs, but I don't know of specific people/programs that did it.
MilkcanRocks
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby laezydaezy on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:55 am

yes, if anyone is planning on buying one from ebay be careful it is not the one from the event. when i didn't get one cuz they were out jensen said "don't worry they were just for marketing purposes and not real posters".

i'm so sad.....and.....heartbroken. after all of this, updating the original arg thread for a little over a month, and....wait for it.....i didn't even get one poster. i was waiting in the beginning for one i liked to come. then i was at work for a few of the reveals and don't have access to a computer, then i was on for a few but didn't get them. this was my last chance. i was all ready, sat F5ing, but was not able to get it since i hadn't bought one before it took longer to enter the information.

i'm really really sad and wish there were more than just that small amount of the last poster for sale. :cry: after all of this.
The men in my life!
Image Image Image Image Image

laezydaezy
Show Expert

Postby rachelskid on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:57 am

MilkcanRocks wrote:@RachelsKid

While I didn't actively try from poster 11 on, here is what I did for the first 11, and the technique worked well because I got prints 1-11.

1) You have to have gotten a print before and entered ALL you data AND have the sale go through.
2) Go to the backway into the Damon,Carlton and a Polar Bear site - go to your profile and make sure your address is right, and you have your password to be a quick but effective one.
3) open up a word document and have your e-mail and CC written out - memorize your exp date and the CCV number on the back
4) Copy your e-mail.
5) wait for print...f5,f5,f5,f5...
6) Buy now comes up, click it, PASTE your e-mail, hit tab and enter password fast. Hit enter.
7) while loading, go to the word doc and copy your CC
8) click the next buttons fast to get to the CC authorization page. Paste the CC. enter the CCv and exp date from memory.
9) click till the end.

Now, some used hotkeys for inputing the data. Like you go on a field and hit certain buttons and VOILA - the info pops up. It helped if you got a poster early, because most of the data is left over from the time before. Thats how I did it - some others may of used programs, but I don't know of specific people/programs that did it.

this is pretty much what i did too. I was persnickety about the prints in the begining thinking 1) i cannot buy all, and 2) i will wait for the one i like. but, then of course things got crazy. just before that though, i realized that things will get crazy and hurley and triangle were still up for sale. i bought triangle because i actually liked it. then i was in the system.

in hindsight, i think being on chrome was helpful over FF and IE. i did not realize that until later. i downloaded roboform, but it kind of screwed me on ben. it did not recognize the url properly. i should have foreseen that. i never did figure out how to program hotkeys. hahah.

LD, sorry to hear that! but, just wait...i bet there is some awesome lost memorabilia coming your way. OR, you could take the money you saved and go to hawaii for the early beach premier... :hmm:
rachelskid
Stunt Double

Postby Brenner14 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:58 am

[deleted]
Last edited by Brenner14 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brenner14
Extra

Postby rachelskid on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 am

Brenner14 wrote:This sucks. Me and 4 friends all tried to get this poster; some of us were able to access the site before others and some were never even able to see the "Buy Now" icon. Personally, I made it to the "Checkout" screen before coming face to face with some kind of fatal error message, and ultimately the SOLD OUT page. None of us got the print. :(

did you check your email??

i had that happen too. never. even. saw. buy. now.

that was the worst experience. not sure how that happens.
rachelskid
Stunt Double

Postby MilkcanRocks on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:02 am

@ LD, if you missed a print that you would want, sign up for the artists mailing list. The only one going on record that they DO NOT have any is Ryan - for all the rest, there are still approx. 100 unaccounted for. And you know that the artists have kept a few for themselves. Give it time. My guess is early next year you will start to hear stuff from the artists.

Seriously LazeyDazey. Stout JUST had a lot of hype about his Inglorious Bastards poster and that was sold out....until he put a few up on his site a few weeks ago. Mind you, they were $150 +, but they were available to those who wanted them.
MilkcanRocks
Stunt Double

Postby laezydaezy on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:11 am

thanks for that idea milkcanrocks. i will def do that (with just a slight hesitation that my heart will break again when i fail).

also, to my knowledge the other 100 out of the 300 (except the last one) were going to different media outlets. i mean, i'm sure the artists have a few, but probably just a few.

@rachelskid....lost memorabilia?

*sigh* i just wish there was more fan appreciation to go around since there are way more fans than 300. I had such an amazing time at the gallery and now i am just in such a slump. sorry i'm being a downer!
The men in my life!
Image Image Image Image Image

laezydaezy
Show Expert

Postby rachelskid on Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:50 am

laezydaezy wrote:thanks for that idea milkcanrocks. i will def do that (with just a slight hesitation that my heart will break again when i fail).

also, to my knowledge the other 100 out of the 300 (except the last one) were going to different media outlets. i mean, i'm sure the artists have a few, but probably just a few.

@rachelskid....lost memorabilia?

*sigh* i just wish there was more fan appreciation to go around since there are way more fans than 300. I had such an amazing time at the gallery and now i am just in such a slump. sorry i'm being a downer!

yeah, other, even cooler lost swag. perhaps there will be a contest for some prints or the whole set, who knows. something good, lost related is coming your way, i am sure. :)
rachelskid
Stunt Double

Postby Rguido3 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:16 pm

I hear you all. I didn't get any posters and after going nuts over the last one, still missed out. I really do hope they do more to offer all fans an opportunity to get some worthwhile memorabilia like this. It seems like this ARG was a little flawed (although they probably didnt see the problem) that it favored those who bought previous posters. I'm with you on the frustration.
Rguido3
Viewer

Postby Stereobot on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:33 pm

For those of you who wanted this last poster, all I can say is give it a few weeks then check on Ebay. I guarantee you that all those posters up for $1000 will be down to $200-$300 soon enough.

I had the Barracks and Ben Linus and flipped them both, but in order to compete with the other posters on Ebay I only ended up making a bit of profit after the shipping and ebay costs were figured in. Remember how excited everyone was for the Ben Linus print? That was up for $500-600 but now they are all down to around $200 (higher priced prints aren't selling). I didn't really get the posters with the intent to flip them originally, but it had to be done.

I know this is a bigger and more important poster, but the competition will drive the prices down and very few people in this economy really want to spend $1000 on a screen print for a TV show.

I didn't even try and buy this one. It was OK, but I don't have $70+ to spend on a poster right now and flipping it would probably be too much of a hassle. Also, maybe it is the Lost fan in me, I felt a bit bad with the idea of buying the print just to flip it when there are a lot of hardcore fans that really want the poster.
Stereobot
Stunt Double

Postby kmfdm11031 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:13 pm

After getting this one i'm thinking of selling mine too. It depends how I feel when i open the tube. I kind of regret spending 85 on this one. Money is tight for me. I still have to pay for my medicine this month and now i'm going to be cutting it close.
kmfdm11031
Guest Star

Postby Artystyc on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:51 pm

Its Over! Get over it! :PP
Artystyc
Stunt Double

Postby transmigrant on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:13 pm

flippers.. ¬¬

here's a better idea- just sell it at cost to someone ITT who wanted but couldnt get it. spread the love and get over the green.
transmigrant
Stunt Double

Postby bigc084 on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:42 pm

at the art show they were selling the posters signed by the artist, damon and carlton for $550 bucks right? Well i got my hatch poster signed by damon and carlton plus all the writers... i wonder how much that would sell for...
bigc084
Viewer

Postby agonz on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:50 pm

kmfdm11031 wrote:After getting this one i'm thinking of selling mine too. It depends how I feel when i open the tube. I kind of regret spending 85 on this one. Money is tight for me. I still have to pay for my medicine this month and now i'm going to be cutting it close.

If you do decide to sell and aren't looking for a lot (less than 200) I'd appreciate it. I know you can make probably x2 profit on eBay, but worth a shot.
agonz
Viewer

PreviousNext

Return to Lost ARG