Official 2009 ARG Clue and Poster Talk (No OT Talk)

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: Official 2009 ARG Clue and Poster Talk (No OT Talk)

Postby xanman on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:49 am

DDHUME wrote:
mindsuckr wrote:
xanman wrote:Awesome print! Got one :-)

How much is shipping for these prints, or does the $30 include the shipping as well?

Looked like 9.00 for s&h when I went to checkout through paypal (I live in NJ).

MichaeltheMagic wrote:Hey, does anyone know how good TGCustomerService is at getting back to emailed customer service questions? I sent them an email a day or two ago, and haven't heard back yet

I never emailed gomerch, I've called them a couple times and always talk to whomever answers the phone. I get immediate, polite answers that way. I've never had trouble reaching them by phone.

The print at damoncarltonandme.com is awesome. If you figure out the quote, just type it in as a url, just like the ARG its a quote from the show. The URL will take you to the poster. Justin has a 3rd clue up now, didn't help me but I figured it out based on other clues.

Shipping was 9.00 for me also (in California).
xanman
Extra

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Artystyc on Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:25 pm

:P
Last edited by Artystyc on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artystyc
Stunt Double

Postby MichaeltheMagic on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:45 am

So I called GoMerch, but they said they weren't handling the Lost posters anymore, and TGCustomerservice still hasn't gotten back to me. Anybody have any other ideas?
MichaeltheMagic
Viewer

Postby kmfdm11031 on Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:59 am

I would call them back. They are still handeling the posters because they do the billing . They do not bill until shipped. But there is only one person who handles the posters. You probably got someone who doesn't know about it. I would call them back. I had to a few times before I got someone who had any idea. Good luck.
kmfdm11031
Guest Star

Postby DDHUME on Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:50 pm

MichaeltheMagic wrote:So I called GoMerch, but they said they weren't handling the Lost posters anymore, and TGCustomerservice still hasn't gotten back to me. Anybody have any other ideas?

That's a really ridiculous answer, of course they are. I can't remember which number I called, I may not have called the toll free number. Here's two #'s (877) 264-4446 or (818) 882-3277. Mon -Fri 9am - 6pm PST

I've talked to 2 different people, there's one girl who handles all the emails and correspondence for the posters but signs everything Tyson Givens. Everything is on their computer, matter of fact one time I called and all they asked for was my zip code and they knew who I was.

Always remember, be polite :) They've had their fill of rude, pushy, demanding Lost fans (hard to believe I know ¬¬ )
"THE UNIVERSE HAS A WAY OF COURSE CORRECTING"
DDHUME
Stunt Double

Postby Brenner14 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:05 am

DamonCarltonAndMe.com now has the URL for a 2nd unofficial art-thing up, for those who are interested. I don't care for it, though.
Last edited by Brenner14 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brenner14
Extra

Postby MichaeltheMagic on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:48 am

I called again yesterday, and they gave me the same answer (only can get info via email), but then responded to my email 30 seconds after I hung up the phone. So I guess it kinda worked- thanks for the advice though guys
MichaeltheMagic
Viewer

Postby Nicole on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:11 pm

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that... is just progress."

Nicole
Emmy Winner

Postby Howey on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:11 am

It's only disgusting if you're not the one making the money. :PP
Howey
Show Expert

Postby CaseyCasey87 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:20 am

It is disgusting in fairness though, they're charging 40 times the price for these prints, complete and utter exploitation of the real fans of the show, makes me sick
"HE IS BOB, EAGER FOR FUN.... WEARS A SMILE, EVERYBODY RUN...."- Phillip Gerrard

Either Conuley or against us basically...

I have a tiny font size
CaseyCasey87
Emmy Nominee

Postby kmfdm11031 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:21 am

Come on do you really think someone is going to drop 40 grand for those. That's insane.
kmfdm11031
Guest Star

Postby RMutualFriend on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:22 am

Whoa, he just took 25% OFF!!! Don't miss this deal! ¬¬
RMutualFriend
Viewer

Postby SunSpot on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:04 pm

RMutualFriend wrote:

notice all the #101 prints he has, and most are under #120 musta really been on the ball. You can tell it was all about the $ and had the $ to invest.

evil capitalists :cursing:
If you find yourself in a fair fight... you didn't plan the mission properly.

Whatever happened, HAPPENED. Unless of course someone happened to delay the happening, which caused whatever didnt happen NOT to happen until it was time for the true happening to actually happen.

"TeePee 23" *Copyright Sunspot 1977
SunSpot
Supporting Actor

Postby ObFuSc8 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Howey wrote:It's only disgusting if you're not the one making the money. :PP

SunSpot wrote:
RMutualFriend wrote:

notice all the #101 prints he has, and most are under #120 musta really been on the ball. You can tell it was all about the $ and had the $ to invest.

evil capitalists :cursing:

The ebay auction you've been talking about is TomRex's. He has actually posted in the DCaaPB threads here a few times, and if you check the now defunct list, you will see that he is one of the few complete set collectors and has been following DCaaPB from the beginning. He won the original 25/30 DCaaPB giclee print as well as the DHARMA jumpsuit and a Darlton signed script of The Constant script as 1st purchaser prizes. TomRex has staed that he is doing this because he is suddenly in need of funds for a difficult person/family situation. He posted the following at LOST ARGs:

TomRex said...

Hi all. That is indeed mine. I didn't know the past way to do it, but basically post what I need and take offers. I'm obviously trying to source funds from different places as well. I guess I want serious people and don't want to sell them unless it fixes most everything. I know it may be hard for others to understand and that's why I came here to tell everyone what I was doing.

I guess I'm just hoping that a complete set with a 108, 3 101's and the DCAAPB print is worth a bit of a premium. Maybe I am dreaming right now, but dreams are what I need.

January 2, 2010 11:12 PM

TomRex said...

I've been selling movie mylars (which is my common internet handle) since 1997. I haven't actually sold them in any regularity for 2 or 3 years now. It has nothing to do with Lost at all. As an eBay employee, one of the perks I get is a free eBay store. As you could see by the broken links, it's been out of use for a while now.

Do I expect to get $40k? Absolutely not. I considered running a regular auction, but I didn't want to have to deal with people bidding to reveal my reserve and other such tactics. Again, as an eBay employee, I have to be careful and selective how I run things like this.

I wish more than anything that I could keep this set, but it doesn't seem possible. Of course I am trying to raise funds in other manners and hopefully will be successful. I've found myself in an amazing community and even posted here when it looked like I may have to put them up. I wanted to make sure that my friends here knew my intentions.

I am hoping to draw a reasonable offer for what I believe to be an amazing set. There are very few sets out there and even less (am I the only) with the DCAAPB print. There really is nothing quite like it out there. I hope to one day collect the set again if I do have to sell.

Bleh - I really don't feel like explaining much more. This is hard enough as it is to have my motives questioned. If you don't like it please just move along.

January 3, 2010 3:30 PM

-- Merged Double Post --

There will be 4 LOST DCaaPB print re-drops, released by the artists within the next 24hrs:

1. Dan McCarthy for Rousseau's Transmission -- http://danmccarthy.org/news/00.news.html -- TODAY, 7PM ET.

2. Tim Doyle for Hurley's Curse (The Numbers) -- You will have to sign up for Nakatomi's email newsletter, and it may be to late. Everyone on the mailing list will get an email, we think at midnight-ish, with instructions and the first 40 replies will be given a chance to purchase. Tim Doyle is adding a doodle of Mr Cluck to the bottom of these.
http://nakatomiinc.com/home.php

3. Nate Duval for The Barracks -- http://www.etsy.com/shop/nateduval -- Jan 5th, 1 PM ET

4. Methane Studios for The Dharma Van -- http://methanestudios.com/ -- Jan 5th, 3 PMish ET

Good luck, Namaste and NamARTe!
ObFuSc8
Viewer

Postby laezydaezy on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:14 am

i emailed kevin tong (as i am sure everyone did) and just after getting answer from him, he updated his blog. i hope i didn't make him too mad.

http://tragicsunshine.com/newsletter/

looks like there is a date. good luck everyone. i have no poster and i know i will be trying hard for this one.
The men in my life!
Image Image Image Image Image

laezydaezy
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Lost ARG