The true test 5 cheat + every possible question

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: The true test 5 cheat + every possible question

Postby lilith.G on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:59 am

trustno1 wrote:Nothing, still completely LOST, as suggested as Delurked I've tried without signing in, I had these numbers:

23 1213 11121113

trustno1,
23 1213 11121113

lets look at the first number
number 23
you have 1 time the digit 2 and 1 time the digit 3, correct? that's like saying in digits=1213

so now you have 1213
there's 1 time digit 1
1 time digit 2
1 time digit 1 again
and 1 time digit 3
=======
just write it down 11121113

and for 11121113

3 times digit 1
1 time digit 2
3 times digit 1 again
1 time digit 3
thats 31123113

I think it should be clearer now :)

p.s.
I hope you see colors correctly :roll:
lilith.G
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby lost_grrl on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:41 am

Okay...so I get the Conway Sequence thing and how to figure out what the right answer is... but I am still not sure how you actually enter it to begin with...

Lets use the above example...

23(red) 1213(blue) 11121113(green)

The correct answer if typed out would be...31123113 (three ones; one two; three ones; one three)

After you figure out what the answer is, you forget about the actual value of the 3 given numbers in the sequence and translate them into (left to right) #1 Red, #2 Blue, #3 Green, right?

So you would click on:
red, red, red, blue, red, red, red, green...right?

Do you hit enter or anything after or does it just go to the next question? And doing this makes it irrelevant how you do on the rest of the test because you get 100%? I am not too worried about it because I got 100 without cheating. Plus, I am now a bit worried about Hans' warning!

EDIT: I am trying it and it just isn't working. Clearly I am not doing it right, although I think I have the correct concept. I am clicking on the "buttons" and after I am done nothing happens--nothing happens while I am clicking either--and if I hit "enter" after I am done clicking, then it flashes red (incorrect)
Image Image
lost_grrl
Stunt Double

Postby Rosalind on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:59 am

Yes, click on enter, then the board twists round, the game stops (you don't have to do qs #8, #9 or#10) and you come out with a score of 100.
It took me some time to get it even when I knew what to do because I was over-clicking each number!

(I'm not worried, I say 'bring it on Hans!!!! :PP' ) :D

Edit...sorry, just checked it again, you don't even need to click on enter, you just hear that lovely pitched ping sound when you hit the last sequence number and there you have it....
Last edited by Rosalind on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks to Spaceman for the sig
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:02 am

you don't have to click enter, it does it automatically i thought :S

So if the answer is like 1123121

you would click the first number twice, then the second number, then the third number, then the first again, then the second, then the first.

You do not type it in the box, you click on the actual numbers in the sequence, in that order.
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby Rosalind on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:06 am

:lol: yes BS, you posted this whilst I was editing my last post!!
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Postby Gus TT Showbiz on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:10 am

hehe :P :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Gus TT Showbiz
Former Staff Member

Postby Nicole on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:30 am

I can't get this to work at all!!

Ok the sequence I had was:

23 1213 11121113

So the answer is: 31133113

But I don't get what to click on.... Sorry guys, I just don't get it! :blush:

Edit: WAIT! I got it!! Woohoo cheats FTW!!! :thumbsup:
"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that... is just progress."

Nicole
Emmy Winner

Postby EmeraldisLost on Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:54 am

lost_grrl wrote:Lets use the above example...

The correct answer if typed out would be...31123113 (three ones; one two; three ones; one three)

After you figure out what the answer is, you forget about the actual value of the 3 given numbers in the sequence and translate them into (left to right) #1 Red, #2 Blue, #3 Green, right?

So you would click on:

Do you hit enter or anything after or does it just go to the next question? And doing this makes it irrelevant how you do on the rest of the test because you get 100%? I am not too worried about it because I got 100 without cheating. Plus, I am now a bit worried about Hans' warning!

EDIT: I am trying it and it just isn't working. Clearly I am not doing it right, although I think I have the correct concept. I am clicking on the "buttons" and after I am done nothing happens--nothing happens while I am clicking either--and if I hit "enter" after I am done clicking, then it flashes red (incorrect)

lostgrrl; i see where you are going wrong; accroding to your colour code and that scenario, you would press the following;

green red red blue green red red green. literally as you would type in the number, but clicking the buttons, get it?
Last edited by EmeraldisLost on Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

http://www.dharmawantsyou.com/site/?utid=111894327427620727109950081092#/qp -Architecture
EmeraldisLost
Viewer

Postby Rosalind on Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Yes, sorry, I didn't read Lost-grrls post properly. That would be where it went wrong in that instance... :)
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Postby Brewski on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:30 pm

wooo thanks man ! !
I thought i'd persevere for the day and wait till someone really clever came up with the cheat so thanks man i appreciate it , i cheated first time around and my new group is called Chronos. Pretty cool test and video that goes with it, ive probably missed alot of stuff lately since ive been busy but im impressed with the latest installment of the arg.
Thanks again for posting this cheat mate ! ! :thumbup:
Has an iphone that belongs to some of you! :P
Brewski
Star Billing

Postby DDHUME on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:50 pm

lost_grrl wrote:Okay...so I get the Conway Sequence thing and how to figure out what the right answer is... but I am still not sure how you actually enter it to begin with...

Lets use the above example...

So you would click on:

I don't get it either Lost_Girl. It's not just you, and i'm sure it's not just me either.
"THE UNIVERSE HAS A WAY OF COURSE CORRECTING"
DDHUME
Stunt Double

Postby lost_grrl on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:20 pm

(In my first example I actually got the numerical answer incorrect anyhow...ooops! But it isn't determining the number that I have a problem with, but actually typing it in)

Still not getting it...in a Conway Sequence you basically "spell out" the previous number to get the answer. In our example the last number is

so the following number is

31121113 (three ones, one two, one one, one three)

So at this point you DON'T conway it? and simply hit the third, first, first, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd?
Image Image
lost_grrl
Stunt Double

Postby EmeraldisLost on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:30 pm

thats right, because you have already determined the next sequence number through the 'conway sequence' method, and whatever it may be, 31121113 for example as in previous examples, you now literally just click those buttons. Like if you were typing in your answer in the box; but clicking instead. You wouldn't type three ones, you would just type 31. hope this helps.

http://www.dharmawantsyou.com/site/?utid=111894327427620727109950081092#/qp -Architecture
EmeraldisLost
Viewer

Postby Rosalind on Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:33 pm

if you press tab while you're on test 5 you'll see the yellow box on the screen, if you keep tabbing you'll eventually see the yelllow box surround each of the three numbers given in the sequence.
Think of each box as being named button 1,2 and 3 from left to right.

On question 7, work out what the next number in the conway sequence is
then click, with the mouse pointer (which changes into a hand over the buttons) onto the corresponding button.

I'll just go and get an example......

Ok,
11 (button1)
21 (button2)
1211 (button3)

The next number, as per the Conway sequence is 111221
so you move the mouse and click on button 1 three times, then move over to click on button two twice, then move back to click on button 1 once....ping! Then you smile and punch the air!!! :D
I can give another example?
Last edited by Rosalind on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Postby lost_grrl on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 pm

Got it! I was taking it one step too far...for example. the answer to my current question was

Instead of just clicking the button that corresponded to each number, like this:
Button 1, button 3, button 2, button1, button 1, button 2

I was hitting:
Button number 3 once (1 three)
Button number 1 twice (2 ones)
Button number 2 once (1 two)

But now I have it all figured out!
Thanks for so patiently helping out!
P.S. I did it on my alt account so Hans wouldn't get me! I think that on my main account I have only "cheated" once, so we'll see if I am banished to cleaning up polar bear poo or not!
Image Image
lost_grrl
Stunt Double

PreviousNext

Return to Lost ARG