Cool! :D :D :thumbsup:
Thanks to Spaceman for the sig
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: The true test 5 cheat + every possible question

Postby LittleTiger on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:38 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Finally!!! After reading through all these posts, I was able to get it right :D

Thanks to everyone who was patient enough to "spell" it out. I just couldn't wrap my head around the first 3 sets of numbers actually being button1 button2 button3. I was blinded by the numbers O.o

Unfortunately, I once again took the test before the cheat was posted so I ended up with 80% on first try. Ah well, maybe on the next one I will get to cheat :)

LT
LittleTiger
Stunt Double

Postby J-Freckles on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Nicole wrote:I can't get this to work at all!!

Ok the sequence I had was:

23 1213 11121113

So the answer is: 31133113

But I don't get what to click on.... Sorry guys, I just don't get it! :blush:

Edit: WAIT! I got it!! Woohoo cheats FTW!!! :thumbsup:

Nicole, it isn't working because that isn't the right answer.

If it is 23 1213 11121113 then the answer is 31123113.
The answer is how you say what you see. 11121113...if you read it outloud it would be, three one (31), then one two (12), then three ones (31) and one three (13). So the answer is 31123113.
J-Freckles
Stunt Double

Postby Nicole on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:12 pm

I meant the answer for the sequence, not for the clicks. Plus I got it anyway! :lol:
"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that... is just progress."

Nicole
Emmy Winner

Postby Becky G on Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:16 am

lost_grrl wrote:Got it! I was taking it one step too far...for example. the answer to my current question was

Instead of just clicking the button that corresponded to each number, like this:
Button 1, button 3, button 2, button1, button 1, button 2

I was hitting:
Button number 3 once (1 three)
Button number 1 twice (2 ones)
Button number 2 once (1 two)

But now I have it all figured out!
Thanks for so patiently helping out!
P.S. I did it on my alt account so Hans wouldn't get me! I think that on my main account I have only "cheated" once, so we'll see if I am banished to cleaning up polar bear poo or not!

Hurray! I'm glad you finally got it. It took me awhile to figure out the explanations too.
Thanks to Kittylili.com for the avatar.
Becky G
Supporting Actor

Postby mariodonamad on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Okay, I got it too! I needed to read the first 2 and half pages to understand something. But the curtain was definively torn when I read UppaCreek's words: " ...it took me a while to get it too. What they are saying is, the numbers in the CLUE are actually buttons (put your cursor over one of them, and it turns into a little hand.) Now go back and look at the posts above, and you'll understand."
Now I've tried and it worked. Genial!!!
I had already got 100 (can't remember with what time left) working hard on some of the sequences with my other accounts (3) a dozen times, writing down all the sequences I had solved, and once I was sure, taking the test with my main account.
Now I don't actually know (there we go again) what's the role of cheating in this ARG.
Okay, we Know that Hans admonished us not to cheat, but we also know that the cheats were put in and are part of the game. In theory Hans doesn't know who cheated and who didn't, he can only see the final result... :cry: or does he?
Anyway, I'm glad I didn't cheat for this test, even if the cheat is so genial, that the ones who used it might be prized... I don't know... I feel Lost... :S
mariodonamad
Viewer

Postby trustno1 on Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:51 am

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you guys for your help, it took me so long because I'm really dumb, really! O.o Anyway, eventually... :D
THANKS AGAIN!!! :wub:
Thanks to Magic Box and all the Hams* for the sig and avatar...
trustno1
Stunt Double

Postby missy on Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:07 am

Everyone, I understand it now, but when I click the correct sequence nothing happens. :(

I can see the cursor change to a hand when I position it over the three different "buttons." But even when I click the correct sequence, it does nothing.

I am running Mac latest version of Opera, but my computer is older and does lag a bit on Flash sites. This means that on really heavy Flash sites, sometimes if I'm logging in I have to type my password in slowly to make sure it got each character, etc. I'm wondering if it's possible for me to use the cheat on this test when the Flash on this site doesn't seem to be counting my mouse clicks. :|
GanymedeBrontesAntaeusAtlasChronosHestiaWhite Swan
GanymedePolyphemusOtusCronusHemeraDemeterBlack Swan
missy
Extra

Postby EmeraldisLost on Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:29 pm

it seems to take a few seconds for it to do something afterwards; are you perhaps pressing back too quickly when it doesn't work or anything, because i read someone else say that; just be aware everyone that its not completely immediate.

http://www.dharmawantsyou.com/site/?utid=111894327427620727109950081092#/qp -Architecture
EmeraldisLost
Viewer

Postby Rosalind on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:47 am

EmeraldisLost wrote:it seems to take a few seconds for it to do something afterwards; are you perhaps pressing back too quickly when it doesn't work or anything, because i read someone else say that; just be aware everyone that its not completely immediate.

Yes, be wary of the over-click syndrome!!! :)

This is slightly off topic, but I couldn't spot where else to raise this query (I don't think it's worth starting a new thread).
RandomLostie, I'd like to call on your programming skills again, if that's ok?

For the second test -the multiple choice general knowledge test- the cheat was to press 'i' on the last question.

Cypherbob extracted the code for this cheat which was:

"private function shift(param1:KeyboardEvent) : void
{
if (m_questionCounter == NO_QUESTIONS-- && STATE == QUIZ && param1.keyCode == 73)
{
m_currentQuestionsArray[m_questionCounter].shift();
m_cheat = true;
}// end if
return;
}// end function

KeyCode 73 is the Dec number for I :)

if (m_gameObj.didCheat)
{
_loc_1.push("\"didCheat\":\"1\"");
}
else
{
_loc_1.push("\"didCheat\":\"0\"");
}// end else if

I get the gist of the above code, but Cypherbob also noted there were additional "hack variables":

public const HELP:String = "showhelp";
public var STATE:String = "instructions";
public const HACK:String = "showing hack";
public const START:String = "startGame";
private var _startButton:LostButton;
public const RETURNFROMHACK:String = "returning from hack";
public const SHOWLOGIN:String = "showlogin";

I've not read anything explaining what this last bit means though, or how it affected us. Any thoughts anyone?
Just so we know we're not missing anything!!!
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Postby random_lostie_01 on Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:26 am

Rosalind wrote:RandomLostie, I'd like to call on your programming skills again, if that's ok?

Sure, glad to help :)

Rosalind wrote:I get the gist of the above code, but Cypherbob also noted there were additional "hack variables":

public const HELP:String = "showhelp";
public var STATE:String = "instructions";
public const HACK:String = "showing hack";
public const START:String = "startGame";
private var _startButton:LostButton;
public const RETURNFROMHACK:String = "returning from hack";
public const SHOWLOGIN:String = "showlogin";

I've not read anything explaining what this last bit means though, or how it affected us. Any thoughts anyone?
Just so we know we're not missing anything!!!

_startButton isn't anything of importance, it's exactly as it sounds, it's the name in code for the button for starting the test.

STATE is a variable they pass around the application to let it know what is going on. See the button press events aren't the only events that occur in the code, there's also events anytime you press another button int he game or press some other button int he application, and there's also timer events and such. Every time you do something that changes something it updates the STATE variable. Most of it is bland stuff like setting when you start the quiz or when you press the help button or whatever.

HELP, HACK, START, RETURNFROMHACK, and SHOWLOGIN are all states that get passed to the STATE variable.

HELP just means you're seeing the help screen (note that this little chunk is active even in tests that don't *have* a help screen, it's just a chunk of standard code they copy|paste from other tests).

START means you are starting the test but haven't actually answered a question or moved a piece yet.

SHOWLOGIN happens at the end of the test if you are not logged in, and just means it's showing you the little login box that pops up when you finish the test.

HACK and RETURNFROMHACK are the only two interesting ones, and they are kind of bland themselves.

HACK means you have activated the cheat for this test and are seeing the effect. For the quiz tests this is only set for the amount of time the correct answer is flashing. In test 1 it's active from the time you hit space to the time you finish. It's basically just anytime you're seeing something not part of the normal test. RETURNFROMHACK is just what it sounds like: if you have used the cheat and it's the type of cheat that you come back to the game from (like the quizzes where the cheat ends as soon as the answer stops flashing) this state gets set when you come back from the cheat.

So nothing terribly noteworthy in there unfortunately. They do copy a heck of a lot of code from one test to the next, but very little of it actually gets used.

Hope that helps :)
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries.
A. A. Milne (1882 - 1956)

A thing worth having is a thing worth cheating for.
W. C. Fields (1880 - 1946)
random_lostie_01
Extra

Postby Rosalind on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:00 am

It certainly does! Thank you very much Random :D
Rosalind
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Lost ARG