FOO-DIPR- Forevereternal Order of DI Proof Readers

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

FOO-DIPR- Forevereternal Order of DI Proof Readers

Postby LittleTiger on Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:41 am

Welcome Proof Readers!

It has come to my attention that the Brick Layers have formed there own brothahood and have used our name in vein. Thus, it is time for the Proof Readers to Unite!

Forthwith, it is our duty to ensure that all posts by FOO-DIB are perfectly formed, grammatically correct and properly punctuated. Any FOO-DIPR member that suspects a FOO-DIB of improper posts, must immediately issue a cease and desist order or a :fight: challenge.

Unite and Fight the Blight!

LT

Little Tiger - Honorary Spokesperson & Preserver of Grammar
Dear Dairy - Special Officer for Apostrophe Preservation (SOAP)
Julietislost55 - Officer of Typos and Corrective Tape (OTCT)
Dreyesbo - Officer of Spelling & Discipline (OSD)
4815162342execute - Officer of Victuals & Procurement (OVP), with Special Duties as assigned
LostMyMind - Officer of the Red Pen (ORP)
Kristy815 - Special Assistant to Officer of the Red Pen (SAORP)
SorshaFire - Officer of Writing Implements, Tools and First Aid, (OWITA) also Officer of Mental Health (OMH)
Becky G - Officer of Punctuation Usage and Misuse (OPUM)
Dharmahelper - Director Of Operations Pertaining to Exceptional Spelling (DOPES)
Brookie - Officer of Whimsical Hedges and Weed Removal (OWHWR)
Nicole - Special Officer for Desmond Hume Investigations and Materials (SODHIM)
Theotherslover - Incorrect Punctuation Enforcer (IPE)
esoob - Special Agent of The Red Pen (SATRP)
Last edited by LittleTiger on Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 15 times in total.
LittleTiger
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: FOO-DIPR- Forevereternal Order of DI Proof Readers

Postby Dreyesbo on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:11 am

Indeed. We Proof Readers should stick together.
"There's something you better understand about me because it's important. And one day your life may depend on it...I am definitely a mad man with a box."

Dreyesbo
Senior Moderator

Postby julietislost55 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:15 am

I proudly stand forward as a proofreader, ready to edit typos.

Lost: Having lost your bearings; confused as to time or place or personal identity
julietislost55
Former Staff Member

Postby scirillo on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:35 am

That we, the union known as The Fraternal order of Dharma Initiative Brick layers, (here out to be known as FOO - DIB) send this cease and desist letter to the Forevereternal Order of DI Proof Readers, (here out to be known as Foo-DIPR). This is sent for the following reasons;

1. Entering FOO-DIB union property without union permission.

2. Posting in an un-friendly and non supportive tone.

3. Not paying the $1,000 temporally dues membership that is required by all non FOO - DIB Di members.

4. For drinking our beer and not putting the toilet seat down.

5. Any and all other discoveries made after this notice is sent.

We, the union members of FOO - DIB demand that you cease and desist all mannerism that would be taken as demeaning and contradictory to our union code.

You have 12.324 hours to comply with this request. If our demands our not met, you will find yourself lacking cover and protection from the elements that this environment can bring.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Namaste
Surefit.... I still believe...

scirillo
Supporting Actor

Postby LittleTiger on Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:03 am

Scirillo,

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When I have finished laughing, I shall return with suitable response!

LT

scirillo wrote:That we, the union known as The Fraternal order of Dharma Initiative Brick layers, (here out to be known as FOO - DIB) send this cease and desist letter to the Forevereternal Order of DI Proof Readers, (here out to be known as Foo-DIPR). This is sent for the following reasons;

Please note that we are known as FOO-DIPR, thus your treatise fails, due to improper use of capitilization you are awarded :oops: .

scirillo wrote:1. Entering FOO-DIB union property without union permission.

Argument fails due to the original infraction committed by FOO-DIB by inferring derogatory connotations with invocation of name "Proof Readers" within said union "property" of FOO-DIB. Said infraction requiring response, thus invitation to respond can be inferred, thus permission granted. :nod:

2. Posting in an un-friendly and non supportive tone.

Since response was due to derogatory comment, one can infer that FOO-DIB started the unfriendly tone. :nono

3. Not paying the $1,000 temporally dues membership that is required by all non FOO - DIB Di members.

You have not issued public notice to this effect. Thus, per FOO-DIPR Internal and Confidential Agreement, you are assessed a fine of $1 plus costs of $2,500 per minute that you spent within the confines of FOO-DIPR Territory

4. For drinking our beer and not putting the toilet seat down.

:hmm: We do not drink beer, and have no need to put the toilet seat up. Fined $1,000 for blatant fabrication.

5. Any and all other discoveries made after this notice is sent.

You are hereby :ban: from all FOO-DIPR territories and thus restricted to "read only" status.

We, the union members of FOO - DIB demand that you cease and desist all mannerism that would be taken as demeaning and contradictory to our union code.

Because our responses will be in the form of written words, no mannerisms will be involved. Thus, you may not infer demeaning or contradictory mannerisms to our responses to your incursions, or infractions of the FOO-DIPR Code of Conduct.

You have 12.324 hours to comply with this request. If our demands our not met, you will find yourself lacking cover and protection from the elements that this environment can bring.

As Proof Readers, you will note that our services are required before any Contract can be consummated. Thus, it is with great pride that I must advise you that all contracts for engagement of Brick Layers will include the terms dictated by FOO-DIPR, which obviously will include that you, FOO-DIB may not impede FOO-DIPR members from reasonable protection from the elements. Failure to comply with contractual obligations will force FOO-DIPR members to ensure that all future Contracts presented for Proof Reading will delete all assignments of projects to Brick Layers. :dots:

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Promptness is our middle name. :D

Namaste

Ditto.

LT
FOO-DIPR Honorary Spokesperson
Last edited by LittleTiger on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
LittleTiger
Stunt Double

Postby Dear Dairy on Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:15 am

As a proud Dharma proof reader, I hereby request membership in your organization.

If there is a plan to create specialized officers, as the bricklayers' union is doing, I would like to volunteer to be your Special Officer for Apostrophe Preservation (SOAP).

Let's "clean up" apostrophe misuse! :nono
Dear Dairy
Viewer

Postby LittleTiger on Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:40 am

Dear Dairy wrote:As a proud Dharma proof reader, I hereby request membership in your organization.

If there is a plan to create specialized officers, as the bricklayers' union is doing, I would like to volunteer to be your Special Officer for Apostrophe Preservation (SOAP).

Let's "clean up" apostrophe misuse! :nono

Done! You shall be henceforth known as Dear Dairy, Special Officer for Apostrophe Preservation (SOAP)

:thumbsup:

julietislost55 wrote:I proudly stand forward as a proofreader, ready to edit typos.

Officer of Typos and Correction Tape.

:)

Dreyesbo wrote:Indeed. We Proof Readers should stick together.

Welcome Dreyesbo! Officer of Spelling and Discipline.

:smart:

LT
Last edited by LittleTiger on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LittleTiger
Stunt Double

Postby 4815162342execute on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:07 am

I would also like join this prestigious union! Certified Dharma Initiative Proof Reader here. Since they have some snacks, I brought some cookies and coffee for our meetings.

I will bring more in later. Enjoy!
4815162342execute
Show Expert

Postby LittleTiger on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:13 am

Welcome 4815162342execute!

Henceforth, you shall be Officer of Victuals and Procurement, with Special Duties as assigned.

Thank you for the coffee and cookies! :)

LT
LittleTiger
Stunt Double

Postby scirillo on Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:05 pm

OT: This is just way too funny!!! :PP

***cough...cough***

Date: November 22, 2008

To: Desmond Hume
All Union FOO - DIB Members

RE: LT - second notice

Let it be known that LT, a Union Rep from another DI section, has once again broken one of our union rules.

Desmond, if this occurres again, please repossess three (3) bricks from LT's office.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

FOO - DIB Union

CC: LT
Surefit.... I still believe...

scirillo
Supporting Actor

Postby LittleTiger on Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:46 pm

scirillo wrote:OT: This is just way too funny!!! :PP

***cough...cough***

Yes, it is - I am LMAO hehehehe :rofl:

Date: November 22, 2008

To: Desmond Hume
All Union FOO - DIB Members

RE: LT - second notice

Let it be known that LT, a Union Rep from another DI section, has once again broken one of our union rules.

Desmond, if this occurres again, please repossess three (3) bricks from LT's office.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

FOO - DIB Union

CC: LT

In my official capacity as FOO-DIPR Honorary Spokesperson, it is my duty to respond to all notices, infractions and incursions as they are noted and where and when they are posted.

I regret to inform you that the assessment of 3 bricks in fines shall not be possible. My Office is made of Steel and Glass and lots of concrete. I must also point out that your 2nd notice, again, contains a misspelled word (occurres instead of occurs), thus you are awarded :oops: for this infraction.

Best regards,

LT
FOO-DIPR Honorary Spokesperson
LittleTiger
Stunt Double

Postby LostMyMind on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:00 pm

Certified DI Proof-Reader reporting for duty!
Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies..... :chef: :drool: :surrender:

You're just jealous my power is better than yours.

Big Thanks to Magic Box for the Banner & Mellow for the Avatar
LostMyMind
Supporting Actor

Postby LittleTiger on Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:20 pm

LostMyMind wrote:Certified DI Proof-Reader reporting for duty!

Welcome LostMyMind!

You are hereby assigned Officer of the Red Pen and shall henceforth judiciously carry out the duties of that office with great aplomb and dignity.

Your first duty will be to red-line any and all contracts containing reference to projects assigned to FOO-DIB members. This due to the continued and abhorrent infractions committed by FOO-DIB member, scirillo.

LT
LittleTiger
Stunt Double

Postby SorshaFire on Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:01 pm

Proof Reader reporting for duty, I have band-aids for paper cuts and those rubber finger tip thingys for turning pages. :) I am a Psychologist on my other DI account so maybe I could offer emotional support to anyone who has suffered at the hand, or words, of the brickheads bricklayers.
SorshaFire
Supporting Actor

Postby LittleTiger on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:16 pm

Forevereternal Office of Dharma Initiative Proof Readers (FOO-DIPR)

Memorandum

Date: November 22, 2008 12:09pm

TO: All FOO-DIPR members

Subject: Documents posted by FOO-DIB members without FOO-DIPR approval

Be it hereby known that documents have been posted within the FOO-DIB offices that have not been vetted by Proof Readers. It is with all seriousness that I ask the entire complement of FOO-DIPR officers be dispatched to the Offices of FOO-DIB to perform your duties as assigned forthwith.

You are requested to be diligent in your review of said documents and to immediately issue warnings and challenges as needed.

Fellow FOO-DIPR Members, may the force of the English Language along with the Oxford English Dictionary be with you :smart:

LT
Honorary Spokesperson
Last edited by LittleTiger on Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LittleTiger
Stunt Double

Next

Return to Lost ARG