MAJOR SPOILERS - Episode 5.14 - Synopsis

Spoiler discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: MAJOR SPOILERS - Episode 5.14 - Synopsis

Postby Aurora on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:50 pm

Hatebox wrote:It sounds like 85% of the epi is "flashback" (for lack of a better word) and it seems like the guy just didn't bother with the 70s Dharma stuff.

Very doubtful that Locke can be fit into all that.

But...Locke's in the promo. :cry: He might be in it. A little bit. I always say a little bit of Locke is better than no Locke at all.
Aurora
Guest Star

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Hatebox on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 pm

Aurora wrote:
Hatebox wrote:It sounds like 85% of the epi is "flashback" (for lack of a better word) and it seems like the guy just didn't bother with the 70s Dharma stuff.

Very doubtful that Locke can be fit into all that.

But...Locke's in the promo. :cry: He might be in it. A little bit. I always say a little bit of Locke is better than no Locke at all.

I hear ya, but as we know all too well this season ABC have played very fast and loose with the content of their promos.
Hatebox
Supporting Actor

Postby T.L.A. on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:52 pm

Paul wrote:Is this 2 hour or one hour episode. Because ABC twitter says 2 hours? thats a mistake right?

Yeah, one hour episode. :)

And I'd be amazed if there's anything from Ben, Locke & co. It looks to be a mighty squeeze to fit everything from the synopsis and the scenes from the promo in as it is.

Aurora wrote:But...Locke's in the promo. :cry: He might be in it. A little bit. I always say a little bit of Locke is better than no Locke at all.

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
That's probably from the hunting scene in 5.15: 'Follow the Leader'.
John Locke: 2004~2009
T.L.A.
Former Staff Member

Postby Aurora on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:02 pm

If Locke's not in this episode I won't be surprised (especially given the long synopsis doesn't even mention the Jack/Daniel scenes that we know are going to air tonight), but I will be disappointed.

I seem to recall a Darlton podcast in which they said
Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
we'd find out why Sun didn't flash to the 70s with Jack and the others in this episode, and since Locke seems to be talking to Sun in that promo, I'm hoping that this is what happens.

I could be remembering wrong. Happens all the time. :blush:
Aurora
Guest Star

Postby Dogma9 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:04 pm

So what are your thoughts? Will Dan actually reveal anything of intrest to the losties?

I really HOPE so, but I think if he did, it woulda went in the synposis right???

Also, reading the part about wanting to make peace. Do you think Jughead is his ultimatium???

Like I can see somone asking "What if they dont want to end the war?" "Then I'll detonate a hydrogen bomb" :thumbup:
thanks to XTS

:haha: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :rockon: :w00t: :taz: :batman: :taz: :gunsmile: :tank: :guns: :music: :boat:
Dogma9
Emmy Nominee

Postby T.L.A. on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:09 pm

Aurora wrote:I could be remembering wrong. Happens all the time. :blush:

Ah, I didn't recall them saying that. Interesting :hmm: Maybe it'l be explained indirectly by something Daniel or Des do. A Locke/Sun scene would seem kinda odd in the middle of everything else that's going on. Unless it comes right at the end as a lead-in to next week.

Dogma9 wrote:So what are your thoughts? Will Dan actually reveal anything of intrest to the losties?

I really HOPE so, but I think if he did, it woulda went in the synposis right???

He better. The press release is hyping him coming clean about what he knows. Maybe he doesn't know anything ;)

The synopsis doesn't mention any interaction with Jack, which we've seen in the promo, so who knows what was left out. I don't think the author of the synopsis is a big Jack fan.
T.L.A.
Former Staff Member

Postby robdraggoo on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:09 pm

I really confused about the times and plaxes in all this. But one thing gives me more joy than anything. I do not believe that Dan will die at the end of this episode. (since when does anybody die after getting shot on this show, Locke, Desmond for example) It doesnt sat he is dead, just shot. If he is at Desmonds bedside after being shot in 2008 that how can he die in 1977? he traveled back in time in 2005 to 1977. unless he time traveledfrom 1977 to 2008 and then back to 1977. highly unliklely.
robdraggoo
Guest Star

Postby T.L.A. on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:16 pm

robdraggoo wrote:I really confused about the times and plaxes in all this. But one thing gives me more joy than anything. I do not believe that Dan will die at the end of this episode. (since when does anybody die after getting shot on this show, Locke, Desmond for example) It doesnt sat he is dead, just shot. If he is at Desmonds bedside after being shot in 2008 that how can he die in 1977? he traveled back in time in 2005 to 1977. unless he time traveledfrom 1977 to 2008 and then back to 1977. highly unliklely.

It does say 'shot and killed' though :(

But I freely admit I'm done thinking about the time travel aspects until I actually see them play out because it should hopefully make more sense then.
T.L.A.
Former Staff Member

Postby Blinus on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:23 pm

That comment from Daniel about Desmond being willing to defy destiny, and it being a good thing... has my wish come true? Is the message of the show "Don't be a prisoner to fate" after all? :scared: :thumbup: :thumbsup:

FREE WILL!!!
Blinus
Stunt Double

Postby robdraggoo on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:32 pm

T.L.A. wrote:
robdraggoo wrote:I really confused about the times and plaxes in all this. But one thing gives me more joy than anything. I do not believe that Dan will die at the end of this episode. (since when does anybody die after getting shot on this show, Locke, Desmond for example) It doesnt sat he is dead, just shot. If he is at Desmonds bedside after being shot in 2008 that how can he die in 1977? he traveled back in time in 2005 to 1977. unless he time traveledfrom 1977 to 2008 and then back to 1977. highly unliklely.

It does say 'shot and killed' though :(

But I freely admit I'm done thinking about the time travel aspects until I actually see them play out because it should hopefully make more sense then.

its does say shot and killed. but im hoping thats just an interpertaion
robdraggoo
Guest Star

Postby jmorency84 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:33 pm

Something is wrong with my flash player and i can't update it. Anyone want to cut/paste the spoilers? I can't see them
jmorency84
Viewer

Postby T.L.A. on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:37 pm

Blinus wrote:That comment from Daniel about Desmond being willing to defy destiny, and it being a good thing... has my wish come true? Is the message of the show "Don't be a prisoner to fate" after all? :scared: :thumbup: :thumbsup:

FREE WILL!!!

Y'never know, but I'm not sure the show will ever decisively and ultimately endorse one over the other.

According to Doc Jensen though, 'free will and mathematics don't get along' :|
T.L.A.
Former Staff Member

Postby Blinus on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:48 pm

T.L.A. wrote:
Blinus wrote:That comment from Daniel about Desmond being willing to defy destiny, and it being a good thing... has my wish come true? Is the message of the show "Don't be a prisoner to fate" after all? :scared: :thumbup: :thumbsup:

FREE WILL!!!

Y'never know, but I'm not sure the show will ever decisively and ultimately endorse one over the other.

No TV show is gonna settle a debate that's raged for 100,000+ years, but in the fictional world of LOST rather than the real world, maybe it does end up answered.

I think the biggest clue to the "Don't be a prisoner to Fate" theory is the ever awesome "Only fools are enslaved by time and space".

Maybe that's Jacob or whoever's ultimate goal: Freedom, in every sense of the word. Escape from enslavement.
Last edited by Blinus on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blinus
Stunt Double

Postby Dogma9 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:49 pm

T.L.A. wrote:

FREE WILL!!!

Didnt they admit that in an interview that they wouldnt dare try to call the "Fate VS Free will" thing? I prefer that.lol
thanks to XTS

:haha: :thumbup: :thumbsup: :rockon: :w00t: :taz: :batman: :taz: :gunsmile: :tank: :guns: :music: :boat:
Dogma9
Emmy Nominee

Postby NoIslandExist on Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:53 pm

I read the entire spoiler. It explains why Daniel's constant is Desmond. ITA with another poster that all of the relationships have been mirco managed. I am shocked that Ellie kills her son. After I see the episode tonight, I hope I can be at peace with the writers for going this direction with the mother/son relationship. Right now, it is stinking up my mind.
NoIslandExist
Extra

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Spoilers