BuddyTV's 'True Blood' Conspiracy Theory

Spoiler discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

BuddyTV's 'True Blood' Conspiracy Theory

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:05 pm

The people from BuddyTV posted today a conspiracy theory on the show. Well, I wouldn't call it conspiracy theory but speculation based on what does actually happen on the books. If I'm not wrong, this would take place on the 4th book of the Sookie Stackhouse series, which means that, if Alan Ball is actually going to follow it, he would be bringing it forward (probably for S3). From my point of view, a good move to spice things up and give more character and spotlight to our friend...

Spoiler (Click to reveal/hide)
...Bill Compton.

Anyway, if you really want to know (I'm sure Finli and Nick already know it :P ), go ahead and read it. There's also a poll in there.

As always, I recommend you to stay away from the readers' comments. I haven't read them, but I know from experience it is always the best thing to do. ;)

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: BuddyTV's 'True Blood' Conspiracy Theory

Postby Nick on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:10 pm

I think it would be awesome if they went through with it. Bill's character is such a snoozefest that he needs much spicing up and this would be a great thing.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Ciubia on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:11 pm

The link won't open for me ¬¬

But I think I know what this is about, I read the spoilers on the other thread :P

If this is indeed what I'm thinking, then I'm all for it! :w00t: I think it would make things very interesting and it would be a good plot for S3!
ImageImage
Ciubia
Emmy Nominee

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Nick wrote:I think it would be awesome if they went through with it. Bill's character is such a snoozefest that he needs much spicing up and this would be a great thing.

Yeah, I love Bill the gentleman, but he needs this as much as he needs to mess up his hair again. There were times he almost disappeared in the background this season. :(

Ciubia wrote:The link won't open for me ¬¬

But I think I know what this is about, I read the spoilers on the other thread :P

If this is indeed what I'm thinking, then I'm all for it! :w00t: I think it would make things very interesting and it would be a good plot for S3!

Try again this way, sis: http://www.buddytv.com/articles/true-blood/true-blood-conspiracy-theory-31050.aspx

Of course, if you read those tags, then you know it. :D This set up actually makes me feel way more excited about Season 3 than I already am. :thumbsup: Alan Ball is a devil genius. :D He has changed a few things here and there, but he's keeping the good stuff. Imo, this makes the show way more believable and appealing, even if some book fans don't want to believe it. :thumbup:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Ciubia on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Thanks, sis, the link worked! :thumbup:

I'm thinking we'll be having a great S3!! :w00t:

If Alan Ball follows the books on this I think it will be awesome because it will give Bill some dimension, some good storyline along with Sookie! I'm not so sure about the triangle part :unsure: I think Sookie and Eric could be a passionate couple but I actually think she should stay with Bill and leave Eric alone for now (or vice-versa, of course), but I might change my mind on this! :lol: I want to see it but I'm dreading it! Damn you Lost!!!
ImageImage
Ciubia
Emmy Nominee

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:45 pm

Ciubia wrote:Thanks, sis, the link worked! :thumbup:

I'm thinking we'll be having a great S3!! :w00t:

If Alan Ball follows the books on this I think it will be awesome because it will give Bill some dimension, some good storyline along with Sookie! I'm not so sure about the triangle part :unsure: I think Sookie and Eric could be a passionate couple but I actually think she should stay with Bill and leave Eric alone for now (or vice-versa, of course), but I might change my mind on this! :lol: I want to see it but I'm dreading it! Damn you Lost!!!

Well, if we continue speculating on the books... WARNING: more potential big spoilers.

...there's actually an understandable reason why Sookie can see beyond the already existent passion with Eric and have something meaningful with him without making it look like she's cheating on Bill, but simply moving on. Remember Sookie has a hard time understanding dishonesty. If what he did with uncle Bartlett hurt her deeply, what's possibly coming won't be easy for her, although it's obvious Bill fell for her without even knowing and I'm sure he'll fight to get Sookeh back. So, I wouldn't call Sookie's relationship status a triangle, but simply that, the story of her love life, her experiences and her growth as a person. I've read that in the books, she doesn't only have a relationship with Bill and Eric, but with other men who will teach her different things. That's another reason why I'm actually open to enjoy what's coming, because I'm fairly sure (and hopeful) it won't be anything like LOST. Of course, we really don't know what direction will Alan Ball give to all this, he could change a lot of it.

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Ciubia on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:00 am

Don't know if this is a spoiler but in any case

I was under the impression that, even though the main character of the books is Sookie, the story was infact about the love story between Sookie an Bill! I'll tell you the truth, I don't plan on reading the books too soon because I fear it will ruin the show for me, I'll probably only read them after the show is over!
ImageImage
Ciubia
Emmy Nominee

Postby PandaVamp on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:16 am

Well, sis, nobody knows if that's in fact the case. I mean...

...this could still be the story of Sookie and Bill.

Charlaine Harris hasn't finished writing it, so I guess she's the only one who knows what's going to happen, or maybe even she doesn't know it yet. ;)

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Return to True Blood Spoilers