Poster Buddy thread

Discuss the LOST ARG here!

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Poster Buddy thread

Postby KDP84 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:54 pm

Hey everyone. Not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I figured this would help those who need a poster buddy. Rather than having people post in the main ARG thread and possible getting their request lost, I figured start this thread. Keep all chat in the other thread, but here, just let people know if you need somebody to pick up a print for you. For example. If I was about to leave for a doctors appt. I would come on here and just put,

"needs poster buddy 1:00pm est."

Then, when I get back, just edit my post to read "I'm back @ 2:00pm est, don't need poster buddy". Also this way, if you are getting a print for somebody that isn't available, just put a comment so that 4 people don't buy one for the same person.

"got a print for xyz".

If this seems useless, then sorry lol :) Just thought it would help a little since these reveals seem like they are going to be much more difficult now.
KDP84
Stunt Double

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Poster Buddy thread

Postby DarkUFO on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Certainly can't hurt :)
DarkUFO
Administrator

Postby ms pixie riot on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Hey folks. I'm happy to volunteer as a poster buddy. I plan on buying the Charlie's Sacrifice poster if it comes up, so I might not be able to buddy for that, but if there is someone who will be unavailable for a reveal and wants to say "Pixie if it's The Incident (or whatever it is) PLEASE get it for me!" then I'd be willing to do that.

If you're someone who wants the next poster no matter WHAT it is I might not be the best buddy for you, because if it's Charlie and sells out fast I might not have time to grab a second one.

So as we get closer to the next reveal, if you want to take me up on that, PM me.

Why yes, I do <3 sci-fi, why do you ask? I'd love to talk about any of the shows in my sig.
Avatar by quiet_ingenue @ LJ, signature by me.
ms pixie riot
Stunt Double

Postby Roswell on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Great idea :)

I live in Spain so unless the posters go on sale like the last one (1PM EST) it´s usually night here (1PM EST, USA time is 7PM Spain time).

So I´d really appreciate it if I could count on any of you if I can´t be online next time.

Btw. Hello there, this is Cristina, first time posting here but I use to post often on The Fuselage and Lost University :)
Roswell
Viewer

Postby lostmammie on Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:14 pm

KD
LOVE YOUR IDEA!!!!!! COUNT ME IN!
:thumbsup:
lostmammie
Stunt Double

Postby valentin_108 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:43 am

Alright. Here I am requesting a buddy if the reveal is between 1 PM and 1 AM EST tomorrow. Tomorrow being Tuesday from where I am. Muchos appreciation if there is a reveal and someone picks it up for me.
valentin_108
Stunt Double

Postby Howey on Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:48 pm

I need a buddy too!
Howey
Show Expert

Postby Roswell on Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:39 pm

Maybe it might be useful to add a list on the first post with the names of the people who can offer themselves as "Poster Buddies". i.e people who aren´t gonna buy any more posters or only if it´s from this or that character/scene, (so they won´t need to buy theirs plus the buddy ones. It saves time), and use to be online most of the day.

Maybe it would be useful to add which city/country everyone is from.

And maybe also a list of people who know almost for sure that they will need a Poster Buddy because they can´t use the computer too often or something like that.

If we add the countries and/or cities each of us are from to the list we can choose a Poster Buddy to help or a Poster Buddy who can help us. (i.e I´m from Spain so I could help someone from the west coast of the USA if the poster is announced too late at night there because it will be morning/midday here, and the other way around)

Just a suggestion, it works okay the other way too (people just posting here when they need help).
Roswell
Viewer

Postby pooh on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Good Morning YouAllEverybody!!!

If poster #10 is going to be a dual reveal, I'm really hoping it's a Sat am/Japan=Fri pm/LA reveal
It's snowing here and I have volleyball game in Baily tonight (normally 45 min drive but probably 2 hr drive tonight w/the snow :cry: )
Volleyball game tomorrow that's in town but still won't be by a computer until later in the evening :cry:

I'm FREE almost all day Friday (the usual 1pm PST would be ideal) and definitely FREE Friday night :D

Saturday I'm really screwed; ACTs Saturday morning and Volleyball tournament Saturday afternoon into the night :cry:

Sooooo I'm basically posting this itenirary to call out to a poster buddy if it's any day/night but Friday. If it's Friday, I will be able to be a poster buddy to someone as well ;) :help:
Jack: You people have therapists?!
Juliet: It's very stressful being an Other Jack
pooh
Supporting Actor

Postby FrayAdjacent on Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:30 am

pooh wrote:Good Morning YouAllEverybody!!!

If poster #10 is going to be a dual reveal, I'm really hoping it's a Sat am/Japan=Fri pm/LA reveal
It's snowing here and I have volleyball game in Baily tonight (normally 45 min drive but probably 2 hr drive tonight w/the snow :cry: )
Volleyball game tomorrow that's in town but still won't be by a computer until later in the evening :cry:

I'm FREE almost all day Friday (the usual 1pm PST would be ideal) and definitely FREE Friday night :D

Saturday I'm really screwed; ACTs Saturday morning and Volleyball tournament Saturday afternoon into the night :cry:

Sooooo I'm basically posting this itenirary to call out to a poster buddy if it's any day/night but Friday. If it's Friday, I will be able to be a poster buddy to someone as well ;) :help:

Pooh, I hate to just be a taker and not a giver! I don't think I can help you on Saturday. I will be going to the airport at 5am CST and be in transit to Hawaii the entire day.

Friday, I am screwed and need a buddy. I have to take my kids to school between 830am and 9am. I will be at work from abt 1045am til abt 1:20pm. Then they have piano lessons from 3pm til 4:15pm. Would you be able to cover me at all those times?
FrayAdjacent
Extra

Postby JohnnyD815 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:52 am

hey guys.

i have class starting at 10:00 am tomorrow, which is when the reveal is....I'm in St. Louis, USA, and I have all the necessary funds in my bank account right now. i don't care what print it is, I'm gonna buy it anyway (going for the full set) so if anyone can help me out, PM me or anything. it is greatly appreciated!
Locke - Where do you get electricity?
Ben - We have two giant hamsters running in a massive wheel at our secret underground lair

Expertise: Community, Modern Family
JohnnyD815
Show Expert

Postby SawyersGunStash on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:16 pm

I would be eternally grateful and pay handsomely to obtain a poster. The new one that was released today i made it all the way to the payment and shipping info page had everything typed in and hit the order button when it just times out and tells me that the poster has sold out. Somehow within the 30 seconds it took me to put my info in the poster went from available to gone this was extremely infuriating and frustrating and im afraid i may never get one. So yeah help a fellow rabid lost fan out if you feel so kind.
SawyersGunStash
Viewer

Postby comixguru on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:13 am

Hello LOST Friends-

I am here to ask for a poster buddy for Andalone. She's had an accident and is in the ER. If anyone can help her out- I know she would be greatly appreciative. Thanks and Namaste.

alice.
comixguru
Viewer

Postby DDHUME on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:37 pm

comixguru wrote:Hello LOST Friends-

I am here to ask for a poster buddy for Andalone. She's had an accident and is in the ER. If anyone can help her out- I know she would be greatly appreciative. Thanks and Namaste.

alice.

wow, missed this info on lostargs until just now and am reading it at the same time. I myself am in no position to make promises, as I said on the other thread none of us can promise anything at this point. i'll bet someone will come through. wishes for a speedy recovery please.
"THE UNIVERSE HAS A WAY OF COURSE CORRECTING"
DDHUME
Stunt Double

Return to Lost ARG