[Official] Spoilers and Speculation Thread

Spoiler discussion for 'True Blood'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Re: True Blood Spoilers General Discussion

Postby fingersplints on Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:02 am

I have never seen truw blood. I was about to rent the first season on dvd. and I heard "captain gault" was going to be on true blood. and it was another reason for me to watch the show. capt gault :wub:
mafia timer

Miss Ford <3
fingersplints
Star Billing

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Nick on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:09 pm

Marshall Allman's character was kind of annoying at points in Prison Break but that wasn't the actor's fault and he was overall pretty good.

Another Additon:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/12/shanno ... -true.html
Another Prison Break Alum. I liked her on the show. A bit hard to believe at times as a fed on that show, but still good. Bill's wife; interesting. Maybe she isn't dead. Or just flashbacks.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby PandaVamp on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:32 pm

Well, seems like we finally know who is going to be played by Bowler, and also, who is going to be Talbot, the vampire King of Mississippi's boyfriend. :D

Check it out!

You have to invite me in.
PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby MrsAdamLambert on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:39 pm

So I can assume, since it was posted on the main site, that everyone has heard by now that we will meet the vampire king in season 3. From what I have read he's more of a Bill (as opposed to the queen who's like an Eric) but the biggest thing I'm pleased about with reguards to the king is that he seems to be more of the vampires of lore that I am used to (Anne Rice style). Modern vamps are great don't get me wrong and they still assume everything the older style vampires embody but I feel there's just something about the older more gothic vampire that work better for me. It's just a matter of taste, no pun intended.

When I say "gothic", I don't just mean in the obvious meaning (dark etc.). Think....Interview With A Vampire (movie or book). We had Lestat who was the viscious creature but still had emotion and feeling though nothing like Louie who's heart bled all over page (or screen). Come to think of it that sounds a little like Bill and Eric doesn't it? But vampires had more of a ambiguous mysterious quality to them (which is perhaps why I respond more to Eric and Godric then Bill), modern vampires are a little more of a show these days whether they are all attitude and fangs like Eric or in love with a human like Bill. They used to have more mystery, intrigue, and ambiguity in their past and character then Bill. But there was also another kind of ambiguity surrounding what I like to call the 80's-90's vampires (excluding things like Angel/Buffy, where the shift started to take place)....

...sexual ambiguity...

...All vampires have always had this sexual element. Whether it was any Dracula (you could pick literally any version) seducing women into submission or just the general context of the penetrating bite. Vampires and sex have been closely linked since the start. But before shows like Angel, Buffy, True Blood and Moonlighting it wasn't always vampires haunting the steps of some short skirted blonde. We had a lot of male on male action, female on female action and more importantly vampire on anything action (not to sound vulgar). When I say action I don't just mean biting but sexual acts/components as well. I particularly miss that about modern vamps. It added as I keep repeating this amibiguous quality that worked so well.

Where is this long rant leading? There is a point I promise. It may have already been posted here but I wanted to share my thoughts more then anything but the vampire king has a male lover. I think that is a great move on their part. They're making sure to work in all kinds of vampires, all kind of different personalities and traits but they can't afford to alienate the architype. I can't wait to meet both of them.
Ashley
MrsAdamLambert
Extra

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:56 pm

For the spoilers we've got so far, I think we'll get more of that ambiguity you're talking about next season, MrsAdamLambert. :thumbup: I also think we have always had that ambiguous element on Eric and Pam, for example, or the Queen. I mean, Eric is interested in Sookie right now, but seems like he's not afraid to use his charms on men either, or anything, for the matter. The same for Pam, she's a very sexual being. They both exude it, a highly sexual energy which makes them strong and confident.

What I like about vampires like them is precisely that they do not keep many human attributes. I love they are what they are and don't feel any shame about it, all the contrary. Why should they, anyway? About Bill, well yeah, the thing is he has a very strong human side on him going on. He hasn't detached from it because he doesn't want to, like he's trying too hard not to lose that. I don't mind it at the end, I think it brings an interesting element, because it is like he is two creatures in one, with all the issues that brings for him.

Anyway, welcome aboard the Truebie side of this board. :thumbsup:

Guys, guess who is becoming a regular next season... find it out! I'm pretty, pretty excited about that because I absolutely love her, she's too much fun and KB rocks! :D

Also, more about Gran Bowler from TV Guide:

I'm going through True Blood withdrawals! Any scoop to hold us fans over until next season? — Lynn
MICKEY: How's this? Grant Bowler, who you know as Lost's freighter captain and Willy's beloved Connor on Ugly Betty, has just signed on to Season 3 to play Coot, the leader of a werewolf biker gang. Correct me if I'm wrong, bookies, but Coot sounds like a splicing of several weres from the Sookie Stackhouse novels, right?

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/12/tv-gui ... .html#more#ixzz0ZJAqmPWs

And finally, Alexander Skarsgård and Rutina Wesley have a few things to say about next season as they have already sunk their teeth on their respective parts: Latest from TV Guide Magazine

I don't know you, guys, but I'm crossing my fingers that special, well-known someone Skarsgård talks about is Michael Emerson. How cool would that be! :w00t:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Alkymisten on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:11 pm

PandaVamp wrote:I don't know you, guys, but I'm crossing my fingers that special, well-known someone Skarsgård talks about is Michael Emerson. How cool would that be! :w00t:

I will be cossing mine PV! That would be amazing :w00t:

Alkymisten
Extra

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Alkymisten wrote:
PandaVamp wrote:I don't know you, guys, but I'm crossing my fingers that special, well-known someone Skarsgård talks about is Michael Emerson. How cool would that be! :w00t:

I will be cossing mine PV! That would be amazing :w00t:

Yes, absolutely! :w00t: The first name that came into my head was him because ME expressed he would love to do something on True Blood, especially because Carrie Preston is part of the cast. I mean, it is Michael Emerson, I think Alan Ball must be thinking of ways to bring him in, for sure. Also, Skarsgård said: “There's one that I'm hoping we can get towards the end of Season 3... It's not official yet and something I'm pretty excited about – someone that I'd very, very much enjoy working with.”

If it is something they would like to do for the end of Season 3, I think there's a big chance he can do it because he will be done with LOST by then. :thumbsup:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby PandaVamp on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:42 pm

More casting news, this time about Sam's biological mother...

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/12/true-b ... -news.html

Looks like his biological father is the only one left to complete the family. Don't know about you, guys, but the plot I'm more excited about next season so far is Sam's. :thumbsup:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Iceman on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:35 am

We are going to meet Lafayettes mother, played by Alfre Woodard.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/12/true-b ... guest.html
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby PandaVamp on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:38 am

:w00t: All mothers are coming out! :P And really good actresses. :D
Fantastic! I think this promises loads of drama next season, True Blood style, of course. :thumbup:

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Sawyer5665 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:37 am

PandaVamp wrote:More casting news, this time about Sam's biological mother...

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/12/true-b ... -news.html

Looks like his biological father is the only one left to complete the family. Don't know about you, guys, but the plot I'm more excited about next season so far is Sam's. :thumbsup:

Sam's storyline is definitely one that I will enjoy very much in season three. Lafayette's mother will be interesting also. I can't wait for season three. Lost ends in May...then the next month I get True Blood back!!! WooHoo!!!
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby PandaVamp on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:02 pm

First, in case you haven't checked this, truebies: True Blood Finally Casts Alcide + other roles

And let me say he looks very, very good! :thumbsup: :whistle:

Also, more of what we already know, but commented by the people of MTV's Hollywood Crush.

New Love Interests for Eric and Sookie

Particularly, I'm happy with the idea as it allows the story not to be like the typical triangle thing, but something a little bit more complex if handled right, and I trust Alan Ball and his crew they will.

PandaVamp
Senior Moderator

Postby Nick on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:12 am

I'm sure he does look good to you, PV. :PP I haven't seen him act though so hopefully he's not crap...he's been on One Tree Hill apparently, which I don't like. :lol:

And I'm glad they're adding new people in the mix for Eric and Sookie...no love for Bill though. :PP That's good...keeps it fresh.
Nick
Emmy Winner

Postby Sawyer5665 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:50 am

I guess Sookie's new love interest will be someone that is "there for her" while Bill is being held captive.

The woman that was cast to play Lafayette's mom.....I've seen her somewhere and can't place it. IMDB here I come!!

Hey, PandaVamp....can't Eric fly? I want to say that I saw an episode where he took off in flight. Am I right?
DarthLocke made this awesome signature!!!

Take me to another place,
Take me to another land,
Make me forget all that hurts me,
Let me understand your plan.
Sawyer5665
Show Expert

Postby Nick on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:28 pm

Alfre Woodward...she's been in a lot of stuff. I'm glad she's coming onto the show since she's usually a fantastic actress.
Nick
Emmy Winner

PreviousNext

Return to True Blood Spoilers