LOST - Season 7 Fan Fiction Team?

For all works of fiction and writing created by our Community.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

LOST - Season 7 Fan Fiction Team?

Postby Ashedmaniac on Wed May 26, 2010 2:04 am

Hello. Hopefully this is the right place to post something like this, if one is allowed to at all.

I've been around for awhile, checking in from time to time...but I just don't post anything...

I'm sure somebody else has probably already done this because I'm terrible at finding things in forums...

But the finale of Lost, of course, has me thinking and abuzz with ideas and notions about how one would continue the series. I'm sure many think the ending was perfect and I'm not saying it was or wasn't...

But I am saying that I would like to produce a Lost Season 7 along with a select group of people, for inclusion on some sort of fan fiction website beginning a few months from now (that's right - I said months...likely post-DVD release just for "clarity's sake"). :whistle:

The main difference between this fan fiction and the majority of others is that this would be a series of SCRIPTS.

To this end, I was wondering if people would like to PM me with ideas if they're interested in "executive producing" along with me...or want to "join the writing team"...or if they "Know somebody else who's doing the exact same thing." or "Know the best fan fiction website..." or want to be the "keeper of the Lost Season 7 Bible" a la Nations.

And, in this thread, I would prefer if people would NOT post their storyline pitches (and ideas for what a Season 7 could be) but rather, post the remaining "Unanswered Questions" they would like to see addressed in such a series.

I'm not promising anything. Not even that this series would get off the ground. But, if the stars align and the "right kind of people" get involved, I'm willing to put a lot of work into this in order to produce a viable continuation of the series for those fans who "just want more". Hopefully, if we do get this going, I won't mess it up too horribly and the six people that read them will be like, "Hey...that's pretty good." :)

But I have a lot of experience writing scripts...and very little writing fan fiction...and would just like a team of experienced writers to help me produce such a series of fan scripts.

Think of it like Buffy Season 8...only without the creator's input...and hopefully it's better than Buffy Season 8...and hopefully we follow a consistent release pattern...and...eehh...you get the idea.

Plus, if this project dies, this thread can just serve as a big pile of, "Unanswered Questions" and how myself and whatever "executive producer"-type would resolve those in a further season by accidentally butchering the series mythology. :P

Thanks,
Ash
Ashedmaniac
Viewer

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Re: LOST - Season 7 Fan Fiction Team?

Postby Iceman on Wed May 26, 2010 2:09 am

STAFF NOTICE!
Moved to Fan Fiction Section
STAFF NOTICES ARE ONLY TO BE USED BY FORUM STAFF!
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby Ashedmaniac on Wed May 26, 2010 2:12 am

Thanks. I can't navigate the forums for asterisks.
Ashedmaniac
Viewer

Postby DarthLocke on Wed May 26, 2010 2:44 am

I would love to join and be apart of the writing team. :)

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby Ricardus Alpert on Wed May 26, 2010 4:06 am

Count me in! I've been writing scripts for a while on another site and I'd definitely like to contribute. This could be kinda fun (no I don't actually want a Season 7, but just writing one for entertainment would be cool).
...No More
Thanks to Magic Box For the Sig

Ricardus Alpert
Emmy Nominee

Postby Ashedmaniac on Wed May 26, 2010 7:58 am

Thank you for your interest! I have contacted those two but am still looking for other writers who may want to be involved. As well as those who may be interested in the other "executive producer" role, "keeping continuity", designing graphics, setting up a forum or somewhere for us to post these things...whatever.

I currently have over 10 episodes prepared, in concept. I'm hoping to get that number up to a "regular season run" of 14-22 and I assume that will occur (along with changes to what I've already come up with) via discussion with the other writers.

So, if you like fan fiction or writing scripts randomly or like "working your ideas in" in relation to what you imagine the "answers" are to certain mythological questions...PM me, respond here, eat some Cheetos...stuff like that!

-- Merged Double Post --

Additionally, if there's anyone who knows what the "extra footage" is reported to involve on the upcoming release of Season 6, that would likely help.
Ashedmaniac
Viewer

Postby The_Man_In_Black on Thu May 27, 2010 12:27 pm

I would like to participate too! :)

-- Merged Double Post --

When do we get started guys? :D :thumbsup:
John Locke,the true hero of Lost and the greatest character ever seen on any television show.
The_Man_In_Black
Viewer

Postby Ashedmaniac on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:43 am

Things are progressing decently at this point. We may get an executive producer lined up within the week. Have about 4-6 people involved now. If anyone else is interested in writing with us, creating "episode image logos"..."executive producing", setting up a website or something...or knows anyone that might be, please pass word along.

Those I've spoken to at length seem to have a similar view of the potential and storyline prospects for a "fan season", and thus, so far so good.
Ashedmaniac
Viewer

Postby purpletoonlink on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:22 am

I'd love to be involved - I'd gladly be a script editor/writer. I'm working towards being a writer myself - I've had some really exciting ideas for a seventh season.

Interestingly, someone mentioned Buffy Season 8, which I don't really care for - largely because it took away some of the humanity and groundedness that the series had.

So yeah - Ashedmaniac, if you feel like sending me your notes, I'd love to discuss Season 7 ideas with you. Feel free to email me at purpletoonlink@gmail.com
purpletoonlink
Viewer

Postby Ashedmaniac on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:28 am

purpletoonlink wrote:I'd love to be involved - I'd gladly be a script editor/writer. I'm working towards being a writer myself - I've had some really exciting ideas for a seventh season.

Alright. We've had some stumbling blocks over the summer, including people with health issues or familial problems and whatnot. So much of this project was left up in the air a couple months ago. I'm not sure where I dropped the ball or what happened (I just remember a vague implosion of some who wanted to help and my imagining I'd wait to see what the DVD/Blu-Ray held). But now that Season 6 is finally out and we've seen The New Man in Charge, this shouldn't be too difficult to try to get something going again.
Ashedmaniac
Viewer

Return to Fan-fiction