Firefox 4 Beta

Embrace your inner geek! Become one with the world of Science & Technology.

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Firefox 4 Beta

Postby Devil's Arcade on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:09 am

Well, seen as my Google Chrome keeps breaking on me, I decided to go back to Firefox, but try out their beta browser.
I am actually quite liking it, looks pretty cool, especially with my custom theme!

Link to my screenshot; http://i27.tinypic.com/sav7f7.png

Download for here; http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/beta/
User avatar
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert
 
Posts: 2004
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Glasgow
Gender: Male


Ads are removed for registered users






Ads are removed for registered users

Re: Firefox 4 Beta

Postby Two Sides on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:10 am

Looks pretty pimp. I am sticking with Chrome cos it is so awesome! But i will definitely download it myself and have a fiddle :thumbup:
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: Firefox 4 Beta

Postby Devil's Arcade on Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:39 pm

I still go on Chrome now and again to check out the STV add on for updates but other than that I use Firefox 4. :)
User avatar
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert
 
Posts: 2004
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Glasgow
Gender: Male

Re: Firefox 4 Beta

Postby CJ Sonic on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:17 pm

im loving this new beta, especially the apps tab. Its great
Image
Image
Image

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
User avatar
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:59 pm
Location: Suit-ing up
Gender: Male

Re: Firefox 4 Beta

Postby Joshua on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:25 am

Does it have the autofill address bar like Chrome? That's the thing I love most about Chrome. You can type one letter, hit enter and BAM you're there

Two Sides wrote:Looks pretty pimp. I am sticking with Chrome cos it is so awesome! But i will definitely download it myself and have a fiddle :thumbup:

:whistle:
Image
Image
User avatar
Joshua
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8223
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:11 pm
Location: Somewhere snowy but hot
Gender: Male

Re: Firefox 4 Beta

Postby Two Sides on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:06 am

PenguinJosh wrote:
Two Sides wrote:Looks pretty pimp. I am sticking with Chrome cos it is so awesome! But i will definitely download it myself and have a fiddle :thumbup:

:whistle:

I refuse to comment on this :shifty:
Image
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
User avatar
Two Sides
Oscar Winner
 
Posts: 6674
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 am
Location: Browsing the intense!
Gender: Male

Re: Firefox 4 Beta

Postby CJ Sonic on Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:51 am

Two Sides wrote:But i will definitely download it myself and have a fiddle :thumbup:


Can't believe i miss this:

Thats what she said
Image
Image
Image

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
User avatar
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:59 pm
Location: Suit-ing up
Gender: Male

Re: Firefox 4 Beta

Postby Joshua on Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:00 pm

CJ Sonic wrote:
Two Sides wrote:But i will definitely download it myself and have a fiddle :thumbup:


Can't believe i miss this:

Thats what she said


I'm not sure you can show your face round here again, now.
Image
Image
User avatar
Joshua
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8223
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:11 pm
Location: Somewhere snowy but hot
Gender: Male

Re: Firefox 4 Beta

Postby Devil's Arcade on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:47 pm

PenguinJosh wrote:Does it have the autofill address bar like Chrome? That's the thing I love most about Chrome. You can type one letter, hit enter and BAM you're there
:whistle:

It does not to that Pangy, just the usual drop box with suggestions of your history!
User avatar
Devil's Arcade
Show Expert
 
Posts: 2004
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Glasgow
Gender: Male

Re: Firefox 4 Beta

Postby Joshua on Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:48 am

Devil's Arcade wrote:
PenguinJosh wrote:Does it have the autofill address bar like Chrome? That's the thing I love most about Chrome. You can type one letter, hit enter and BAM you're there
:whistle:

It does not to that Pangy, just the usual drop box with suggestions of your history!


Gah. It's pure laziness, but it's the thing I adore about chrome. Mostly coz I'm too used to it.

I go on Firefox, type in "S" intending to come here and I get a google page about the letter s lol
Image
Image
User avatar
Joshua
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8223
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:11 pm
Location: Somewhere snowy but hot
Gender: Male

Re: Firefox 4 Beta

Postby CJ Sonic on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:05 pm

beta 3 became available today and also if your using the new beta try out what i posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=94&t=20829
Image
Image
Image

Shows I Watch (in no order): Fringe, Supernatural, Smallville, HIMYM, Big Bang Theory, White Collar, Glee, V, The Office, Doctor Who, Chuck, Castle, Cougar Town, Psych, True Blood, Being Human, Misfits, Modern Family, Suits, Firefly, Scrubs, Falling Skies, Game of Thrones
User avatar
CJ Sonic
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:59 pm
Location: Suit-ing up
Gender: Male


Return to Science & Technology


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron