8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost?

General discussion for 'LOST'

Moderators: Moderators, Moderators, Moderators, Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: 8 weeks on, hows everyone dealing with life without lost

Postby DharmaLager on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:45 pm

SmokeyD wrote:Back to the thread topic, I don't think anything will ever be able to repeat what LOST did, (nor do I think I would want something too). But it would be nice if someone could come up with something along the same line though...

I think many of us did that. When I watch other shows (Chuck, Warehouse 13), I'm not nearly as critical of them. Lost just brought it out because you always wanted/expected more. It's an experience that I only had once before, as I've said, with the X-Files. I religiously watched Lost and can say the same for the X-Files.

Most other shows, I have/had no issue DVRing.
DharmaLager
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby luci in the sky on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:53 pm

I'm doing quite well, actually. I thought I'd miss it more, but I ended up turning to other shows to assimilate my loss. And then I discovered Doctor Who and I'm so addicted it's ridiculous.

So yeah, haven't even thought about Lost in weeks.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."

Shows I am absolutely crazy about: Lost, Fringe, Doctor Who, Castle, Glee and House
luci in the sky
Show Expert

Postby gimmers3000 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:05 pm

I've noticed a lot of you from the states enjoy Dr Who. Just wondering if you guys have watched the older series or if your just talking about the newer ones with David Tennant and Matt Smith as the Doctor? I haven't watched Dr Who for a long time, i may give it another go now that Lost has finished. I find myself watching more tv programmes now, at least thats one positive about the end of Lost!
Get up John, You've got work to do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZaaw6wOi1Q Best video ever!

September 22, 2004 - May 23, 2010 R.I.P LOST
gimmers3000
Guest Star

Postby rogue rider on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm rewatching the series. I finished season 2 and am now watching season 3.
rogue rider
Extra

Postby Dark Moon on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:24 am

I was doing quite well actually, fully accepting of the fact that Lost was over and moving on. Yesterday though, I started thinking of all my favorite characters, all that I've "been through" with them, and that after the epilogue comes there will literally be no new content. That little relapse got me into a fairly depressed / sad mood for the rest of the day and even today...

gimmers3000 wrote:I've noticed a lot of you from the states enjoy Dr Who. Just wondering if you guys have watched the older series or if your just talking about the newer ones with David Tennant and Matt Smith as the Doctor? I haven't watched Dr Who for a long time, i may give it another go now that Lost has finished. I find myself watching more tv programmes now, at least thats one positive about the end of Lost!

I started watching Dr. Who back in December / January I think and it was the new series starting with Christopher Eccleston and etc. Then around the middle of April I finished season 4 and ordered the Specials (seasons 1-4 I got from the library) and was in complete denial that David Tennant was leaving so that got held off for another month. Finally I got through them in June, got caught up with season 5, and was able to watch the finale "on time". I've seen a couple episodes of the classic, older series but only the ones that were available at the library though I'm planning to find more online.

Now that my Dr. Who rant is over, because I pretty much finished it so close to Lost, for a while I felt like I had nothing to do with my life. Then I started watching Life on Mars (which was absolutely fantastic by the way) and after that its sequel, Ashes to Ashes. After that was done with I had another brief couple of weeks of boredom... and I just recently started, and finished Being Human (another great show).

And now for whatever reason I'm watching Veronica Mars which is very... light and "cute" compared to everything else I've been watching. Not bad per say, but a long way from the rest.

Can't wait till the Complete Collections comes out though, I've been holding off buying the seasons till the full set- and then I can start my official rewatch :D
Dark Moon
Viewer

Postby Numb3rs on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:34 am

I too enjoyed Life On Mars but wasn't that crazy about Ashes To Ashes. I remember seeing Dr. Who back in the 70's or 80's? Got some interest for the current version from Torchwood.
Numb3rs
Extra

Postby SmokeyD on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:45 pm

Not to completely date myself, but I watched Doctor Who back in the Tom Baker days (1974-81), I have tried to pick it up again but following it here on TV has been difficult for me. Primarily becuase the networks move it around, and it can be hard to stay with because you can't find it...

As fas as Life on Mars, the only exposure I had to it was the American verison (Gretchen Mol!!!! :wub: ), but I was completely no-plussed by the 'smacked together' ending... really put me off...

I try to catch as much UK sci fi as I can, but I have to give the edge for special effects to we yanks though... ;)
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby Dark Moon on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm

Oh wow, I can't believe I forgot about Torchwood. Considering that was what I watched in my Tennant "denial days". :PP

SmokeyD wrote:As fas as Life on Mars, the only exposure I had to it was the American verison (Gretchen Mol!!!! :wub: ), but I was completely no-plussed by the 'smacked together' ending... really put me off...

Yeah I saw the American version first, and about a year later discovered the UK one. I liked the American, but it just can't be compared to the original in my opinion.

SmokeyD wrote:I try to catch as much UK sci fi as I can, but I have to give the edge for special effects to we yanks though... ;)

As much as I agree, I've learned to ignore it over time. If the plot is good and the characters are interesting, I don't really care for the special effects :)
Dark Moon
Viewer

Postby SmokeyD on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:18 pm

The wife just bought me the complete works of Farscape... :thumbsup: , Now here's another example of an underappreciated show. The chemistry of the cast (albiet most where Muppets) worked so well. But I confess that when I heard that Ben Browder and Claudia Black were coming to SG1 I had really high hopes, but those hopes pretty much ended up being dashed. The chemistry of the two did not come to SG1 the way it was for them in Farscape and I think SG1 suffered significantly for it.

I really wish someone would take on the Dark Tower series though... I think if there is any chance for a Lost methadone, Dark Tower would be it. The only problem is that every time someone tries to put Stephen King on TV/Film... it's usually gets bollixed up. But if someone (Darlton/Abrams maybe???) could pull it off, I think it would be awesome....
SmokeyD
Show Expert

Postby kmfdm11031 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:58 am

I'm still sad and there is still a void where lost was.

-- Merged Double Post --

I'm still sad and there is still a void where lost was.
kmfdm11031
Guest Star

Postby Two Sides on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:00 am

I'm starting to bio-degrade :(
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

Postby gimmers3000 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:58 am

Well for the past 3 days i havent had to think about Lost at all, and god it felt good! I finally managed to "Move on" All be it for only 3 days! Whenever i have busy schedule i don't think of lost. Im actually feeling healthy lol, back to normal now though!

gimmers3000
Guest Star

Postby BirdyMan on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:01 am

It's been like two months now, im doing fine I guess. Doesn't really think about it anymore, just waiting for the epilogue and the other extra things on the season 6 DVD and currently in a rewatch. But it's not like I have to rewatch episodes and think about it and all that. Now it's just for enjoyment if I have nothing else to do. :)

Bloody big thanks to my sistha Magic Box for making the avatar and the userbar! :D :wub:
And a bloody big thanks to brotha Two Sides for the signature! :D
BirdyMan
Supporting Actor

Postby gimmers3000 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:40 am

I know this post hasn't been replied on for over 3 months now but instead of making another tread thought I would post here.

27 weeks or 6 months, however you look at it where the hell has the last 6 months gone!!! I remember the anticipation and all of the theories that were being posted on this board this time last year, makes me feel even more sad about Lost when the board i would post on every day has now become a weekly thing :( . Just wondering how you have all been coping over the last 6 months? I know it wont get any easier as the weeks go by either :(

gimmers3000
Guest Star

Postby Two Sides on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:47 am

gimmers3000 wrote:I know this post hasn't been replied on for over 3 months now but instead of making another tread thought I would post here.

27 weeks or 6 months, however you look at it where the hell has the last 6 months gone!!! I remember the anticipation and all of the theories that were being posted on this board this time last year, makes me feel even more sad about Lost when the board i would post on every day has now become a weekly thing :( . Just wondering how you have all been coping over the last 6 months? I know it wont get any easier as the weeks go by either :(

It's been a quick half year!!

It's not being without Lost for 6 months that gets to me, it's that i'm only now coming to the realisation that it's finished! As stupid as it sounds, only recently it's sunk in that there is no more lost :cry:
HannaK wrote:I've found my Sawyer to Juliet tbh :wub: :D
Two Sides
Oscar Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Lost Discussion [No spoilers!]