[Official] Person of Interest- S1- Spoilers and Speculation

Spoiler discussion of television shows (non listed).

Moderator: Moderators

Re: [Official] Person of Interest- S1- Spoilers and Speculat

Postby DarthLocke on Fri May 27, 2011 3:27 pm

Extended Preview!!
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/person-of-interest-extended-preview.html

OMG! This looks better and better all the time! :D

Yet for all their evolution, they form no bonds.
Love does not exist for them. They are incapable of dreaming,
Of contemplating beauty, Of knowing something greater than themselves.
DarthLocke
Show Expert

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby trashersfan228 on Tue May 31, 2011 7:36 pm

Yea it really does. I think television viewers are very lucky that they are getting someone as talented as Jonah Nolan screenwriting a pilot of a network television series. Then on top of that we get J.J. Abrams producing, and two film actor (Jim Caviezel and Taraji P. Henson) and one of the great television actors (Michael Emerson) starring. Even if the episodes after the Pilot aren't up to the same quality (which will probably be the case) there is still enough there to make this one of the more enjoyable shows on television.
trashersfan228
Viewer

Postby JacobsMom on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:45 pm

DarthLocke wrote:Extended Preview!!
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/person-of-interest-extended-preview.html

OMG! This looks better and better all the time! :D

I agree Darth! I got a "Bourne Identity" kind of vibe from this preview and that's great since I really loved those movies. :D I had been really looking forward to Alcatraz but after seeing this, I think this will be a lot of fun to watch each week. :thumbsup: I had to laugh when Emerson laid out the ID's on the desk because I immediately thought of Ben's stash of ID's in his hidden room. :lol:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Logo and One Sheet for CBS Shows (Person of Interest)
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/cbs-one-sheets-and-logos-for-all-shows.html

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:08 am

Pre-Critique - Time Magazine Article:
First Impressions: When I saw the trailer at CBS's upfront, I wasn't sure whether the series meant to treat the total-surveillance premise as a blessing or a menace. And after the pilot I'm still not sure: there are cuts of spy-cam footage with sinister music, as if to hint at some larger drama, but it largely plays as a straight-up, if moody, action-crime show. The casting so far is asymmetrical. Emerson unsurprisingly gives Finch a creepy intensity, suggesting he has motives he's not letting on. (This is important since there's no getting around the silliness of the premise, but an outlandish premise is not a death sentence for a Bad Robot show.) But Caviezel, who gets more screen time, is less compelling in the early pilot. Another concern is that the pilot spends so much time setting up the premise that the almost-murder case feels thin. Maybe in future episodes the persons will have more interest. (And maybe they'll prevent murders beyond NYC? I would think Finch could afford the plane fare.)
Do I Want to Watch Another Episode? I'm curious to see if there's more to the menace than just mood music. But if the appeal of the show depends on the appeal of watching Caviezel stalk bad guys, I'm not going to be watching as patiently as those surveillance cameras.

Read more: http://tunedin.blogs.time.com/2011/06/1 ... z1PlmhbpRv

I think that's a good review. It doesn't surprise me that they have to set up the premise in the pilot before we can have a few episodes that start to go beyond the "Batman meets Alias" premise...It would be disappointing if the story wouldn't flesh out and take twists, not just because that is what I expect from Bad Robot, but because J. Nolan is writing---when does either he or his brother write something that doesn't have twist or something to expand upon?

But I am with the reviewer, they need mythology and get into these characters back stories for the show to be interesting and so the characters can develop. As for another place for Reese and Finch to travel too...how about San Fransisco! -I hear some criminals from like 30 years ago are starting to show up there...( I know, in my dreams)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:29 am

Special Sneak Peek Pilot Screening at Comic Con!
WEDNESDAY, JULY 20, 2011

6:00–9:00 p.m. Special Sneak Peek Pilot Screenings – Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television proudly continue its annual preview night tradition, with exclusive world premiere screenings of the pilot episodes of three of the most highly anticipated TV series pilots of the 2011–12 television season — Alcatraz, Person of Interest and The Secret Circle — as well as Supernatural: The Anime Series, the first-ever anime adaptation of a U.S. television series. Ballroom 20

From executive producer J.J. Abrams (Super 8, Fringe) and showrunner Elizabeth Sarnoff (Lost) comes Alcatraz, a chilling new drama revolving around America’s most infamous prison and onetime home to the nation’s worst criminals. The series stars Sarah Jones (Sons of Anarchy), Jorge Garcia (Lost), Jonny Coyne (Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life), Parminder Nagra (ER), Santiago Cabrera (Heroes), Jason Butler Harner (Fringe), with Robert Forster (Jackie Brown) and Sam Neill (Jurassic Park). Abrams, Bryan Burk (Super 8, Fringe) and Sarnoff are executive producers: Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt (both Kyle XY) are co-executive producers. Alcatraz will premiere in midseason and air Mondays 9/8c on FOX.

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:15 pm

CBS Announced Fall Premiere Dates!

Person of Interest will premiere Thursday, September 22 at 9:00 PM (Eastern)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:36 am

Taraji P. Henson Dishes On Her Person of Interest Role!
First, on her role as Detective Carter in Person Of Interest:

“I really wasn’t looking to do television. I prefer doing feature films. But, I heard about it and I got the script, which was so top secret that it was intriguing. Jonah Nolan called me and said that he wanted to work with me. He explained that my character wasn’t really written up in the pilot, but he promised me that there was going to be more for my character to do. He seemed so passionate about the project that I read it and I really, really liked the script. I got it, right away. Then, I finally saw the pilot and thought it was amazing. I forgot I was in it. I was watching it and was like, “Oh, that’s right, I am in it.” It’s really, really good.”

Ok, so, she’s in the pilot episode. We know that now; though I suppose one reason why she’s absent from the preview trailers is what she said about her character not being “really written up in the pilot.”

... There are lots of stunts… Like every superhero film, there’s always an inspector, a detective or a police officer trying to figure out who the masked man is. Although Jim Caviezel’s character doesn’t wear a costume or a mask, when I first meet him, he’s homeless, so he doesn’t look like how he’s going to look throughout the series. So, when I first meet him, I have this women’s intuition that something is up with the guy, but can’t put my finger on it. I go and try to run his prints, and when I come back, he’s gone. He’s vanished. So, I guess I’m going to spend the series looking for him, trying to figure out who he is and what he’s doing in my town.

So, while he’s trying to fight crimes, she’ll maybe be an obstacle he’ll have to account for as she, the relentless detective, determined to uncover his secret, from one episode to the next, getting closer and closer with each. And then, maybe they eventually pair up on some crimes, as their relationship develops into one akin to that of Batman and Police Commissioner Gordon?

As for what attracted her to the character and series:

It’s not that I was excited about playing a cop, but it was the company that I’m in and the writer. I know he’s going to give me good stuff. I told him that I’m not interested in playing a generic cop, or being a pretty girl with a gun. I said, “You hired me for a reason, so use me.” And, he was like, “Oh, yeah!” I was very specific about that.

That’s certainly good to know! She’ll actually be involved and not just background fodder.

And lastly, on a role she’s dreaming to play:

I would love to do a biopic of a famous singer, like Diana Ross or Donna Summer, or an old jazz story that we haven’t seen before. I would love to do that! I would love to play Diana Ross ‘cause she’s an icon. I’m salivating to do that.
http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact ... le_shes_s/

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:08 am

New Promo!
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/person-of-interest-new-cbs-promo.html

Not much to say about it, but I liked that they want us to think about the cameras themselves...this makes me believe that the story will have some mythology and things won't be so black and white...

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:58 pm

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:10 pm

I think these last two clips are just a way to introduce us to one of the vital pieces of how this show will work. They need these cameras to give them information that can be used to help save people. We live in an age that records everything at any time and it can be used by just about anyone for any reason. Hopefully, the good guys are using it to help before the bad guys use it for something sinister.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby DarthLocke on Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Limited Edition Person of Interest Hotel Key Cards!
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/07/wb-comic-con-2011-limited-edition-hotel.html

Person Of Interest Comic Con Schedule and Panel:

Saturday, July 23rd at 6:45pm in Room 6BCF?

Jim Caviezel (Reese)
Michael Emerson (Mr. Finch)
Taraji P. Henson (Detective Carter)
Jonathan Nolan (Producer)
Greg Plageman (Producer)

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:19 pm

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 am

Haven't Been Able to Find Any Reviews Yet!?? Will Keep Looking....

DarthLocke
Show Expert

Postby DarthLocke on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Comic Con - Person of Interest - Preview Night - First Reviews!
On paper, Person of Interest sounds like another cut and dry procedural. A wealthy man with access to vague predictions of future crimes recruits a former special forces soldier to help him solve and prevent the crimes-to-be. The pilot episode takes us through the first case, while also giving us some background information on the two lead characters and a fair introduction to their developing relationship.

There are two things that set Person of Interest above other shows like these: Jim Caviezel and Michael Emerson. Both actors have proven to be top notch in their field, but together, there’s a strangely appealing dynamic. Emerson’s character has some of the smarts of Ben Linus, without the creepy. Meanwhile, Caviezel manages to work the low-talking, confident badass thing without coming off as wooden or cheesy. I don’t typically go for procedurals, but I want to see more of these two on screen, so I’ll definitely be looking out for this one when it begins airing on CBS this fall.
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Comic-Con-2011-Preview-Night-Person-Interest-Alcatraz-Secret-Circle-Supernatural-33630.html

The pilot for the new Jonathan Nolan/J.J. Abrams CBS action series was screened at San Diego Comic-Con tonight in Ballroom 20. Now normally CBS crime-of-the-week shows aren't exactly in IGN's wheelhouse, but the creative names behind this show, along with stars Jim Caviezel (The Thin Red line) and Michael Emerson (Lost) had us beyond intrigued. And even the thought of watching a "procedural" was sweetened a bit because we were curious to see how Jonah Nolan (The Dark Knight) and Abrams (Lost, Alias) would handle the genre. Also, this show is taking over the CSI spot on Thursdays at 9pm, so there's a lot riding on it.

Person of Interest is an exciting, well-done little slice of intrigue, but your enjoyment of it might hinge on your love or hate of Jim Caviezel, who I've noticed that some folks weren't too happy about. I myself really like Caviezel and think he does a fine job as drifter-turned-empowered vigilante John Reese. He is fairly low-key though, but I feel like that works well with the sudden bursts of violence his character is capable of unleashing. Reece basically starts the episode as a tattered vagrant bent on drinking himself to death. Michael Emerson plays a mysterious, well-connected rich dude name Finch who is somehow able to notice that Reece is someone that, deep down, wants to help people and wants to see justice done. It also helps things out considerably that Reece is a former Black-Ops government agent who's been cast out of his former life and still carries around a considerable amount of guilt over a lost love.

Jonathan Nolan's (The Dark Knight, Memento) story touches are evident here, especially in the flashback scenes between Reece and his lady love, which play out like scenes from Memento, or even like flashback scenes from Caviezel's Terrence Malick film, The Thin Red Line. Reece is clever and good with guns, but fortunately he's not James Bond-ian so there's still some physical vulnerability to him. Emerson is great as Finch, but it's not as though we haven't seen him play an enigmatic, powerful man who withholds valuable information in order to create suspense before. Still, Finch is an altruist whereas Ben Linus was a scheming survivalist.

Finch, by accessing a backdoor to a top secret government surveillance machine, is able to get the social security number of a person who will either be a victim of violence or will be the cause of violence. There is a fairly vague explanation here about why Finch and Reece only have access to numbers and not names, but it's probably not all that important because the kick here is watching Reece try and unravel the mystery – which in this case revolves around a female attorney played by Justified's Natalie Zea.

One thing that stood out to me, and I still haven't decided if it's a good or a bad thing, is the show's focus on 9/11. As we come up on the 10th anniversary of the horrific event, it seems as though this show has decided to openly use that fateful day as a key plot element. Maybe it's just strange to me because so many movies and shows have tried to evoke that day and haven't found success. But because, apparently, the jumping-off point for the surveillance/probability tech being utilized for this show's premise has its roots in the aftermath, mass hysteria of the attack. Likewise, Reece's tragic past, which is still unclear, seems to have ties to the event as well. I don't know if 9/11 will remain a constant theme throughout the series or if it was just used to try an explain motivations and tech, but it did stand out.

Other than that thread however, Person of Interest has more than enough to hold this person's interest.

I immediately apologize for that last sentence. http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1182460p1.html

Preview Night Jack and Jay Video Podcast - Alcatraz and Person of Interest:

DarthLocke
Show Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Spoilers