[Official] Royal Pains Episode Discussion

General discussion of television shows (non listed)

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please be advised that this is a NO SPOILER forum section. No spoilers are to be posted here. Use the spoiler sections for anything spoiler related.

Re: [Official] Royal Pains Episode Discussion

Postby JacobsMom on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Welcome to the Royal Pains forum, Benjaminism ! :) Sorry to say but that was the season finale for Royal Pains and I think tptb did a wonderful job of wrapping up the season. I haven't heard anything but I assume that it will be back on again for another season. I think there was a lot of growth in the show this year and the addition of people like Henry Winkler really added to the HankMed story lines.

On to the finale.....I loved it!! :thumbsup: Everything was wrapped up nicely and there was also some surprises as well. The big one has to be Divya finally telling Raj that the wedding is off for good and letting herself finally do what she believes is right. I had to laugh that this dance instructor really had "the plague" but it fit in with the ups and downs of Raj and Divya's whole relationship in a strange but funny way. I liked the fate/obligation bit and Divya saying that she has to follow her heart and the fate that lead her to the Hamptons helping HankMed get started. Best news of the whole show!

There were lot's of good scenes in this episode but my favorite has to be Hank and Eddie's conversation in the kitchen. I wondered if Eddie could be telling the truth at last and wouldn't run again. Later it was nice to see him confronted by both Hank and Evan and his decision to face up to his crimes. Seeing Eddie in his green jacket was the Fonze all over again for me. Even if he is much older now! :lol: I hope to see more of Henry Winkler later on in a new season too.

One thing that disappoints me is the story line of Boris and Marissa. Boris used to be an interesting character, imo but now seems to be sort of a spoiled rich guy who hasn't gotten his own way. He's upset at Marissa for getting pregnant and then throws the guys out of his house with no explanation. He tells Eddie that he will help him escape jail time but is only doing it because Eddie doesn't deserve the love of his boys. :huh: I guess I miss the old Boris who we first met when the series started.

It's nice that Jill and Hank have feelings for each other but will do their own things for now. I always felt that they had a good chemistry on the show without it becoming to serious and dramatic.

One of the best things is the Evan and Paige story line. Those two also have great chemistry but I like how much fun they have together. This has really been a real boost to Evan as a character who I really didn't like when the show first started. His comedy and the addition of Paige has really added to the fun of Royal Pains. :D

I would have loved to hear more of John Legend but I know the time is limited. TPTB do a lot of material within each episode of Royal Pains and I enjoy that it all fits together nicely over the whole hour. Here's to another great season with more fun shows! :thumbsup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Ads are removed for registered users

Ads are removed for registered users

Postby Benjaminism on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:42 pm

Good. As long as it was not the final episode. :D

I actually think Boris' actions fit in with his character. He's a nice person, but he's set in his beliefs and he means business. Remember how Hank was "hired"? Boris kicked the other doctor out overnight. I think Boris will come around. I hope so (I may be not-so-secretly in love with Campbell Scott).

I did not initially care for Henry Winkler's character. He's growing on me. I won't mind if we see more of him in the future. He adds to the story in an unexpected way.

I love love love Paige. She makes me like Evan more too-- she makes him a better character and I just think she's perfect for the show. I usually hate new people, but the show-runners were smart to add her to the mix.

Thanks for the warm welcome, JacobsMom! :)

Ben always has a plan.

Thanks to Magic Box and theotherslover for my benners.

"Yes, Hugo, I was standing right where you are now when I pulled the trigger. Should have realized at the time that it was pointless, but... I really wasn't thinking clearly. "
Benjaminism
Guest Star

Postby JacobsMom on Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:08 pm

Benjaminism wrote:Good. As long as it was not the final episode. :D

I actually think Boris' actions fit in with his character. He's a nice person, but he's set in his beliefs and he means business. Remember how Hank was "hired"? Boris kicked the other doctor out overnight. I think Boris will come around. I hope so (I may be not-so-secretly in love with Campbell Scott).

I did not initially care for Henry Winkler's character. He's growing on me. I won't mind if we see more of him in the future. He adds to the story in an unexpected way.

I love love love Paige. She makes me like Evan more too-- she makes him a better character and I just think she's perfect for the show. I usually hate new people, but the show-runners were smart to add her to the mix.

Thanks for the warm welcome, JacobsMom! :)

You're welcome and just to let you know, Royal Pains will be back on this summer with an all new season of episodes! :D I'm not sure of the starting date though.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby Iceman on Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:37 pm

Oh, it has been confirmed to have another season. Don't worry. We'll be back with HankMed before you know it.

I liked the finale too, and theres always room for Eddie Lawson to return if they wanted him to.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Avengers, Assemble.
Iceman
Administrator

Postby WEIRDMIND on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Hey guys ...seem been while i came here too

excited for new season like me :)
ImageImage
WEIRDMIND
Show Expert

Postby WEIRDMIND on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:26 am

well less then 3 day's we will get our summer show's on tv soon *yeah yeah* :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ImageImage
WEIRDMIND
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:02 am

Royal Pains is another of my favorite summer shows and I can't wait for the new one on Wednesday night!!! :thumbsup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby WEIRDMIND on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:48 am

Just watch the new episode ...so hear what i thinks

So the beginning was good and ...as always HankMeds found new disease and cure it
(yea for that )
and only thing i like about the episode is that Evan :D ,i like how he still manage to keep his humors around and its was cute at the end when Paige back home , :S but i have the feeling that Paige in a lot of problems with her family as she has the tearing face :( ...hope they both work thing work and back with more cuteness of couple .As for Divya story ..is that only me or is everyone confused ...wasn't she bought to hospital in end of season 2 and in the season opening she just came so fine (well glad she back for good) :lol: and i hope now she back with Adam (he is hot ops :whistle: ) and i still i get it about the boris guys ...he kinda mystery for me

In totally its was good but not very :)
ImageImage
WEIRDMIND
Show Expert

Postby JacobsMom on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:22 pm

I agree WeirdMind, that this opening episode was just okay. It was nice to see everyone back but I was sort of disappointed in how things played out.

I'm pretty sure Diyva mentioned the quarantine that Raj and her were in for awhile. She then told Evan that she had been helping Hank in the off season too. I was disappointed with the scenes with the parents( both new actors) but I suppose this was done to finally put an end to that part of her story line. She took control and told them the truth at last. Maybe now we will get to see Adam again! :)

I was worried that Paige was going to be gone but I'm glad she is back. I am sort of bummed that Jill will be gone for good. :( I think she had a good chemistry with Hank and will miss the actress who played her.

Sounds like Henry Winkler will be back later on too!! That will be good. :)

Is it just me or is Boris getting boring? I used to enjoy his story line but this whole pregnancy thing has been drawn out too long for me. I see there is also a new actress for the girlfriend role. At least he let them move back in the mansion!! :lol:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby JacobsMom on Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:48 pm

I liked this second episode much better. It was nice to see Jill is still there for now and it makes me wonder how she will leave when the time comes??

I am really curious to find out Paige's big secret. I hope it doesn't drag out too long before we find out. She and Evan make such a cute couple, so I don't want something to ruin that part of the show.

I loved Evan's obsession with those scissors and how they came in so handy at the very end of the episode. :D I guess I found it kind of odd that Divya never took the income she was earning all along with Hank Med?? :unsure: Why keep having her parents pay all her bills since this is what she wanted, to be independent? That part of the story line seemed silly to me.

I did love the scenes between Divya and the gardener. I like how she can work with some patients that Hank has trouble helping.

I suppose it will be awhile before Henry Winkler is back on the show but I'm glad that we keep hearing about the dad being in jail for now! I think he adds a lot of fun to the show and I miss him being around. :)
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby JacobsMom on Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:40 pm

On to the third episode and looks like tptb are setting us up for a return of Henry Winkler with his possible release from prison!! :thumbup:

I didn't care for the story line of the woman and her husband with the rude neighbor. It just was boring imo. I did like the story line with the two friends who started the business together. It had a nice ending there at the hospital and the case was much more interesting than the one with the dog.

Wow, tptb are really pushing the Hank and Jill story line! I wonder if they really intend for her to actually leave? :huh: I see the network was posting little reminders on the screen to weigh in on if they should be together. I like her and hope she doesn't leave the show for good.

I keep wondering if Paige is pregnant but that may be to obvious and it probably is something else more serious. I hope we find out what is going on pretty soon.
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby JacobsMom on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:19 am

"The Shaw/Hank Redemption"

This is my favorite episode so far! I love the play on the title from the prison movie. :D The surprise ending was a real shock too. :scared:

The illness of the week was okay and I wasn't that interested in the character but I love when Henry Winkler is back on as the dad. I would have liked to see even more of his time in prison but it was good how tptb did the flashbacks to explain what was going on.

Well, I guess Boris is now happy to have a baby! :lol: I think it was perfect that she had to have the baby right there on the patio. That took all the control away from Boris and Diyva did a good job of showing us once again how capable she really is. One thing that seemed odd was Jill taking the baby's cord blood to where? I thought she was going to the local hospital but it seemed she was traveling farther. I would think Boris could have had it flown to the destination but I suppose this made things more exciting with the car crash. Is this the end of Jill? I can see now that Hank will have to choose between going to help Jill or staying with his dad for the hearing. Next week's episode should be awesome.

I'm curious about the Grandpa/Ed Asner story line and what happened between them all. I find it odd that Grandpa couldn't have found out things if he had wanted too since it looks like he is pretty rich.

I'm also excited for the Evan/Paige proposal but I have a feeling that too won't go as planned. Lot's of new things to reveal as the rest of the new season goes on!! :thumbsup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby JacobsMom on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:22 pm

"A Man Called Grandpa"......Another title with a spoof on an old movie title!! :lol: It was fun how they used it during the horse races too. :thumbup:

Well, thank goodness Jill survived and seems to be okay. I do like her character and hope she sticks around but this whole story line seems to be setting her up for some mysterious happenings with the accident. Either these people are after Boris and his fortunes, or Jill has someone after her for unknown reasons. :unsure: The scene with her pulling out that breathing tube made me jump and tptb did a good job of making the viewers all feel that pain.

I know I didn't really like Shaw from last week but this week, he just became irritating as Hank has to save the guy over and over yet he still keeps on running away!! The only scene that I truly liked him in was at the end when his daughter shows up because of Eddie. It was only because of Eddie though being in it and saying what he said. :lol:

Grandpa was a real jerk as we find out and this made Eddie look like a hero now at last. It was funny how Evan bonded so well with him at the race track and then finds out how Ted really felt about their mother. Low blow for the boys. I loved how Evan handled it and told Ted off in the best way possible. :)

My favorite scenes in this episode were between Hank and Eddie. When Eddie finally blurted out the truth about what happened to him all those years ago, we finally get to see Hank realize how Eddie felt and why he did it. Very nice scene on the patio at Shaw's. One thing for sure, Henry Winkler was an excellent addition to the show.

If I ever needed someone to do an investigation for me, Boris would be the guy. Wow, he must have brought in the cavalry when we see how many black SUV's pull up to the mansion after he finds the cigarette butt. :lol: I guess this is looking like he expected the accident as a missed chance to kill Boris himself but now I'm really curious and glad tptb have added some excitement to Boris' story line.

I'm also excited for the story line of Evan and Paige's future wedding plans. They can have a lot of fun writing that one for us. :thumbsup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby JacobsMom on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:42 am

"An Apple A Day"

The main story line this week seemed to be a take off from that movie, "The Kids Are All Right". Not the most interesting illness of the week...scurvy. :lol: I liked the daughter Libby and she was on an episode in another season with her boyfriend Tucker. It looks like tptb are leaving it open for her to return again as she showed an interest in medicine and wants to do summer help for Hank Med. I hope they bring back Tucker also!

My favorite part of the whole episode was when Evan proposed to Paige in the photo booth! That was so cute and unexpected. :wub: I didn't care for the scene at the sauna with the General but I guess I don't like that character anyway. It looks like tptb will drag out this whole engagement thing for awhile. I'm more curious right now about what Paige's big secret is anyway. :hmm:

I'm not sure I like how tptb have messed with the character of Jill either. She used to be so in control and now they've made her look sort of flaky by not having her in a solid relationship with Hank. I liked the old Jill better. The mystery behind who the bad guys were looking for after the accident is interesting. I thought of Marissa right away when we learned they were looking for a "her" but not sure why.

Poor Divya. She finally tries to start a new life on her own terms and now she has to pay off Raj's parents for the wedding costs. I never liked the character of Raj anyway but his parents sound just as bad as her own parents! I do like what tptb are doing with Divya as a character. She is so much better than when they first started the show. She is actually my favorite of all the characters!! :thumbsup:
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

Postby JacobsMom on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:10 am

"Ta Da"

I've always liked the actor, Tony Hale..(Arrested Development, Human Target, etc.) so seeing him guest star as Andy the magician was fun. The best act was the one when the rich guy, with his fancy car, tried to run over Andy's box and it just disappeared. :thumbup: It was also nice to see that Andy found himself a girl too...Betty, the waitress at the parties. :)

I'm not a big fan of Matt Lauer's but I thought he did a pretty good job on the episode and the whole thing between Evan and Hank being on the Today Show was the best part of the episode. I loved how Hank was tricked by Evan and that scene with the real interview was just hilarious!! My favorite scene is at the end where Hank finally confesses that he doesn't take Evan seriously and he finally apologizes to Evan. I think this was a huge step in their relationship as brothers and moved the show and the characters forward even more.

I don't understand why tptb are already introducing a new "love interest" for Divya. I like that she is now on her own and having to take care of herself at last. I didn't like this new guy, the doctor, and thought the scene where he complained to her in front of the kid was unrealistic. The character only came across as a jerk, imo. I can understand why Divya is too proud to tell Hank about her hospital moonlighting job. She feels embarrassed to tell him that her former, future in-laws are holding her responsible for those costs from the wedding.

I still enjoy seeing Jill each week but have a feeling that this whole "Boris mystery" is going to be done soon. I assume the actress will be leaving the show midway through this season and we'll get a new, female doctor for HankMed. I would love to have the character Jill stay on with HankMed but I don't think that will be happening.

The best part of this show is the relationship between Hank and Evan so that's what keeps Royal Pains still interesting to watch for me. :D
JacobsMom
Emmy Nominee

PreviousNext

Return to Other Shows Discussion [No spoilers!]